Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
    Top of the thursday morning to all!

I began the day with a short meditation then some basic yoga. Here's a link to some back strengthening/stretching poses. https://yogainternational.com/articl...gthen-the-back

They worked a treat i tell's ya's. I can run kilometre after K for a couple of hours with no worries, but when i walk for about 2 k's my lower back becomes very stiff and i need to stop and stretch it out. This has been pissing me off for a few years now, so i'm looking to address it. I suspect yoga is either the answer or at least a good start. The above video has a back stretching focus and i felt good after doing the poses. Very simple stuff and i highly recommend folks here get some daily yoga practice in as part of your healing. Why? Because it's meditative and it is self care. Breathe. Lot's of free stuff on you tube, or books at a library, 2nd hand shop.

Day 52 but who's counting. Some warmer weather expected here the next few days so looking forward to some sunshine and the wide open parks nearby to run in followed by a refreshing, spiritually enlivening swim in the bay.

Special shout out to my buddy Ava. Hope you're good.

Take it easy y'all.
    Hey G -great link. Thanks. I am an avid racquetball player. 12 weeks ago, I did not properly warm up or stretch before a match. At 50+, I was still acting as if I were twenty something. A few minutes into my first match, I completely tore in half my left tendon muscle in my lower calf. Just started back playing last week. Yoga is awesome! Stretching is awesome and a must. What a great lesson I learned. Seems I only learn from pain -just like ....you know. And now, my lower back arthritis situation is another deal -lol, but true. As a young man, you still have time to change your ways. :victorious:

Comment

Lower back arthritis? Sheesh! Now that would piss me right off. I hope you are getting some relief/treatment for it mate. Hope the calf is healing well. I reckon the Yogi's are onto something and i suspect there is a lot of body (and mind) healing in the practice for me to discover yet.

Top of the friday morning to y'all. It's POETS day so knock off early it's the weekend.

Most days are POETS days for me. The tradeoff is limited income, but that's very ok with me for now. Free's up lotsa time for important stuff.

Another meditation and yoga session this morning. Nothing too overwhelming, around 10-15 minutes. I will even meditate for 5 minutes if that's all i can handle and that's ok.

Have a beaut day out there everyone. Kick some ass in your own way.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Mr.G on day 53 my daughter has lower back arthritis and she's only 22,she has to go get some kind of injections next month, dunno how a young person gets it,anyway you sound great
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Mr. G.
          That is an excellent yoga video.
          Thanks for putting it up for us.

Comment

Yo Pauly and Rags,

Geez Pauly. Hope that treatment fixes the arthritis. Amazing that can strike at a young age.

No worries Rags. Yoga is making a lot of sense to me on many levels.

Here's another one. Day 4 out of 10 freebies from a link Happs posted awhile ago. This series seems to focus on our core/abs.

Have a bewdy!
            Last edited by Guitarista; February 19, 2015, 06:45 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Uh,what abs?haha,4 kids later I dunno if there's a muscle in there
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                Uh,what abs?haha,4 kids later I dunno if there's a muscle in there
                Then you'd better git crackin Pauly!

Comment

Top of the morning reader.

It's the weekend here which don't mean no ticket to boozeville k? k. Relax, enjoy, and pursue some happiness from within my friend.

14min. talk posted earlier by Enzo'smom in the newbies nest. Thanks Jenzo!

mindbodygreen is a lifestyle media brand dedicated to inspiring you to live your best life - mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and environmentally.
                  Last edited by Guitarista; February 20, 2015, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I hope all the G-sters have a great weekend -music, yoga, drone flying, beach running, mountain hiking, or just sitting around -all without alcohol of course.
                    Its a great day here in the Southeast -even if it is colder than a well diggers arse.
                    Peace to ya all.

Comment

Sounds good Spirit. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any local drones i can attach a line to and take off for a little spin. :congratulatory:

The feeling's goood at the beach pad. Why? How you may ask? Simple answer: No booze, throw in a bit of a run and swim, some gym or simple resistance training like push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups and simple good nutrition like regular veggies and fruit. That's the physical off to a good start.

The mental and emotional area i look after with all of the above as a strong foundation, then i build on this with doing things i love and want to do. Following my purpose on the planet, taking daily usually small steps forward. Anything no matter how big or small that aligns with my mission statement for being on the planet. i.e. make a heap of music and share it, and a little community work giving a hand up to folks currently struggling with life.

Follow me on twitter, twatter, tumblr, fumblr and raaaawkr for half hourly updates.

Here's a bit of a gutbuster in the yoga caper. More core body work. Intermediate level they tell me and 45 mins. Enjoy.

Take it easy.
                      Last edited by Guitarista; February 21, 2015, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Here's a podcast from USA. 2 guys, presenter and guest both ex alky's and guest has gone from 320 lbs to marathon runs. A good hour or so but good quality convo.

Scroll down for podcast # 18.

Comment

HI G -touch my drone and you will have a new set of problems (lol).

G- what is your 'now' stated purpose in life? And I mean your real -down to earth purpose. I only ask this because I am still trying to find my own.

SF

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
                            HI G -touch my drone and you will have a new set of problems (lol).

G- what is your 'now' stated purpose in life? And I mean your real -down to earth purpose. I only ask this because I am still trying to find my own.

SF
                            Spirit. I am a musician,and have been from an early age. A few folk seem to enjoy what i do, and so do i so i keep doing it. My purpose is a simple one. Just to be the best that i can be with the tools i have been given. To use those tools and develop them. Share and connect with others.

Comment

The best of the best of monday mornings to all.

Out and into it. Did done some basic yoga and meditation to kick the day orf. Next is gym then a run/swim to set myself up for the day. Making music and video editing follows. You'll find more about my day atop the latest social media news feeds.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Yes G saw your all your tweets. You are kick'in it!!!
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X