One Step at a time - April 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a time - April 2015

Going to try and start a new thread since Nora is busy.
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Hey guys quick check in, I'm at work. Crazy busy day, you know the kind where everything is a problem! I'll check in later.

Comment

Thanks for the kick off Dots we were busy too,need a nap to rest my brain real quick
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for starting the new thread .....

Have just been online trying to book a flight to see my mum in May ...... just feel the need ......

Working tomorrow so will probably not be around ..... have a good day everyone,

hugs, Sun xx
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

just home from a 12 hour day
          Sun - is your mum not doing well?
          Dinner and bed for me...no drinking even though the wine in the frig is tempting...
          Nora- please check in honey
          where in the heck is K9?
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Went to the meeting at dads nursing home tonight....I felt so lonely without my husband sitting next to me..I cried and screamed all the way home....I am trying so hard but this is the worst thing and I am just feeling really down and alone.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

MB - my mum is just not right, right now ..... and my gut is telling me to go over ..... maybe nothing but I will go - booked for 10th May....
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sun, sorry about mum. May is coming up pretty quick. Is she home? Can you speak with her. Are [B you [B][holding up ok?
                Dottie, so sorry you ar so sad tonight! Were you ok at the meeting, or was that hard for you?
                Mama, is this job going to always be 12 hour days? That's a long day. Ithat wine in the fridge would be tempting for me too.
                Nora, are you on the jury or did you just get called. I got called a few years ago but never had to go. I. Sure my day will come
                K 9 sounds like you guys are settling in. Is Sierra still at the same school. Hopefully things will get somehow normal for you guys.
                Pauly you would be proud of me, I highlighted the girls and my hair tonight! I was so tired after work, but with everyone's schedules tonight was really the only night. Hope I didn't screw up too much!
                Bird, rusty where are you? Hope all is well.
                Have a good night guys, wishing you all sweet dreams!

Comment

Liz I held it together until I got to the car then I let go.
                  Sun sorry about your mother....
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie- scream away. I know I would be.
                    YAY on the hair Lizz!!! I get my hair did in two weeks. All the ladies in my office are super plain. They always comment about my hair, make up, etc and tell me I am so girly!! Yesterday I did a French braid for the VP!!
                    Condos are owner managed, so I have multiple bosses, as they are individually owned. And Sun, you are right. You cannot plant gardens or have a clothesline. There is a Board of Directors, and they run the show. I maintain the outside...the grounds, pools, etc, and listen to all the retired owners complain. :-)
                    Apartments are renters and the manager runs the show. I am responsible for all maintenance, inside an out, and there is no Board of Directors.
                    Coffee, shower and out the door. I may have time to actually log in today!

Comment

Pauly, my sinuses are a mess. I actually had a nose bleed yesterday.
                      Hey Nora and K9....saw you on the other thread!

Comment

Morning MB - sorry about the nose bleed - bummer for you ! I haven't had one for a few weeks now - YEAH ! Thanks for the words about my mum everyone - yes Liz I can talk to her and I call her on Sundays - and I e-mail her too - she can only send one liners back right now but I enjoy getting anything. She is doing okay oh and yes she is home.- but she just isn't right ....

Gosh Liz - yes I am really proud of you for doing the highlighting - great one ! It is a pain to do I know so well done !

Dottie - why try and hold it together at the meetings? If they are grief groups, surely it is okay to not hold it together ? Better out than in .....

Thanks for explaining the condo vs. flats MB - that is what I thought it was and yes I thought that condo folk have a board where they decide what can and can't be done. I would hate that .... after all, if it is my house why can't I do what I want in my garden!! Anyway - how can you manage condo's if they are owned ?

Got to get food ready for work - working today at my old job as girl that got my job is on leave for a few days .....

Have a great day everyone, Hugs, Sun XX

Comment

Hi all
                          Sun, I hope your mom is gonna be ok. I felt I had to go see mine 2 years ago but she has been ok. San't say when I can get back though....Lizzann that is great about the hair....Dottie I am sorry it is so hard. :hug:....MB I lived in a condo once with a band. They would not let us park our bus there......the kids are having a fit to go somewhere since it is spring break, so I will play sick for 2 cays and take them to the beach. Getting ready now..

Comment

Bird, ahh the beach, can I come? Is it just you guys going, or are the kids bringing some friends along.
                            Sun, thanks for explaining about your mum. Please tell me your travel will be a bit easier this time around? Have a good day at work, sounds like you enjoy it?
                            Mama, how cute are you? I think it's great that the others in the office like your girliness! I'd be curious to see if they follow you? French braid, can I ask how you managed that, your hair is about the same length as mine. My girls do it sometimes on the front of their hair, but darn it doesn't look good on me.
                            So Erin is coming over today. We are going to refinish a computer desk and ottoman. We have had to wait for the weather to warm up, and guess what it has!
                            Have a good Thursday. I'll be around and checking in, I think.

Comment

Hello all,
                              sun it was an meeting at my dads nursing home about Alzheimer's not grief. So that is why I had to keep it together. They dont know about my husband and I didn't feel the need to share all that with them.
                              I get my hair done tomorrow. I made the appointment so I would look good for Easter service with hubbs...well I am still going to get my hair done but NOT going to church.
                              Were are Nora and K9 hiding out????
                              Woke to thunder storms and a doggie who was shaking. She was never afraid of storms before but then our whole world has changed so maybe things have changed for her too.
                              I didn't sleep well, woke with a headache. Maybe the weather or fitful sleep or the crying fits I had last night. Who knows but here I am .
                              I have grief counselor later then church for a maundy Thursday thingy. I am glad for the distractions that keep my mind off the crazy sad life I have now.
                              I am looking forward to my class starting next week. Something dh would not have enjoyed so maybe it will be a good 10 week distraction. It will get me out of the house one night a week to do something interesting. They said when we "graduate" we will be able to volunteer at some local events to help with who knows what but another way to get out of the house and be with new folks and create a new future for me. Very scary as my life was all tidy and need and now is so NOT. This will challenge me but if I dont at least try I wont know what happy looks like for me now.
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                              X