No announcement yet.

One Step at a time - April 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no Pauly!!! You and Mama both had the rumbly tummies last night! What kind of frozen chicken did you eat, was it some sort of pre-prepared stuff? Hope you feel better...try to drink some gatorade or something so you don't get dehydrated.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

It was banquet frozen fried chicken K9,I'll NEVER buy that crap again, luckily I think it's passed, just super tender in my stomach area, and pissed I couldn't go to work, off tomorrow and needed money, oh well
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Afternoon, Steppers!!!

I have just returned from my vacation with my sister. It was heavenly! We walked, biked, swam, shopped, talked, went to Savannah, had lovely lunches and dinners out...perfect all the way around...until the plane ride from Atlanta last night, where I caught a whopping cold. :-(
        At home today but feel like crap. My nose is running like a sieve, so call me Ms. Snotski! Hahahahah

Dottie-You really sound stronger in your posts. You probably don't feel it, but it appears that way. Moving was my first thought as far as helping you heal, but I so understand that you remodeled your home to make it the way you wanted it, it's paid for, and with 5 dogs, it's hard to make a move. Brava for having the sense to know that it's best to stay put right now.

Pauly and Mama-food poisoning...Oh no!! So sorry to hear that! It is the pits, I know. Pauly, as a self-employed person, I know well the pain of being sick and having to miss work, and then not getting paid. Waahhhh....no more packaged frozen chicken dinners for you.

Sunni-the image of your cat pawing at your head made me laugh. Somehow, I managed to visualize it. Thanks for the humor!!!

Liz-was it an AA meeting you went to??? Working the 12 steps...not for me...I get it, and I'm with you. Um, as far as CJ and the vodka bottle...why is that your problem to fix and why should you confront her? Also, she's an adult...and what are you supposed to say, "Hand over the vodka bottle, CJ!" Me thinks she's smart enough to go out and buy another bottle if she REALLY wants it. How have your sisters been lately?

Nora-so sorry your life has been overtaken by jury duty. Major bummer! Thank you for checking in. :-) Good luck on the job front...so hard at our age.

K9-good to hear from you. So glad your ribs are healing. I've broken a rib...hurt like hell!!!

Big hellos to everyone else...lots of work to still get done today!

Comment

Ugh,choked down a Subway bland turkey sandwich, should have skipped it, feel like I ate knives, this is horrid
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

have not read back but I am chugging Imodium and going to bed
            no drinking for me....ewwww
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama, Pauly so sorry for you both! Hopefully a good nights rest will help you both. Tea, toast and ginger ale is what my doctor would always tell me.
              Rusty, welcome back. Your trip sounds so relaxing! Poor thing with the cold, but I'm glad it wasn't until you were home. You are right about CJ, she is an adult. Turns out he did mention it to her before she left. I'm sure I was mentioned in that conversation. I know it's all good when she calls me mama, and she did. She really has calmed down a ton since her teens. Love that one, but darn it she's a handful!
              Did some shopping today! Um yeah, like a lot of shopping. Needed some things for my spring wardrobe you know. Bought a quinoa salad for lunch. Never had it before, so good. Working tomorrow and I don't even mind so much on account of a new outfit.. Sweet dreams my loves and sending healing vibes to all of you under the weather.

Comment

Rusty, I spoke to my twin tonight. I called her, though. She asked me tonight if I was "alright". First time in more than a week, to which I responded yes I'm fine. She was like. Are you sure? Positive I told her. For anyone not following it's that twin thing between us, we talk without using the real words. Anyway big sis is coming over on Saturday for a bit. She needs to pick up some things here. I'll let you know how that goes. It's just weird.
                Thanks for asking.

Comment

Morning love bugs. I feel better.....I think it's been the travelling and working non-stop and having no routine that finally made my tummy start yelling. That and 4 other people in our office are out sick....????
                  K9...you will be know that happy to know that the other regional in my office, Beth, is a hoot and we keep each other laughing all day. she actually called me a fucktard....so at leas I have a bud. The girl at the front desk is named Kelly and she is about a size 0 and has perfect hair, nails etc. She gets pissy and stomps around all the time. I have decided she is on an air diet, as I never see her eat, I put a spare pair of undies in purse and Beth and I were laughing about it. Kelly walked in and said....OMG those are huge and WAY to much fabric. I asked her what she wore and of course, she said thongs. I told her thongs were like having dental floss in your butt crack. She laughed....so.... the people I work with are much more educated and pretty fun, which I love,
                  Sun- I laughed at the cat chewing your hair!
                  Rusty - every time I fly I get a sinus infection. I think you said you went to Savannah??? I love it there!
                  Lizz- I need new clothes too.....more professional.......and Rusty is right...CJ is an adult, but leaving a bottle of vodka visible in the car is pretty dumb.
                  Pauly - I have had food poisoning once and thought I was going to die.
                  Dottie- you are amazing. Nana is still in her house and has no plans on moving any time soon.
                  Coffee, shower, meetings, then off to the hood to visit one of my properties. It will be like old times!

Comment

Good Morning all! MB - glad that you are feeling better and yes it probably was the travel and the constant on the go - sort of what I had when I went to UK last time - stress always has a way of finding an out !! Anyway glad you are feeling better - laughed at your descriptions of the folk at the new office! How rude about the amount of fabric in your undies !! And I agree re your description of thongs ! Tried once and never again ......

Liz - I love quinoa - you can have it with either sweet or savoury stuff - it is delicious ! Good for you going shopping. I would rather have pulled teeth than go shopping but a week or so ago I went and actually enjoyed it .... GASP !! Bought some dresses too -which I do not usually wear - but they were so nice ! Of course it means
                    I will have to shave off my winter coat !!! Glad that the bottle and CJ was sorted - and yes I am sure that your name was mentioned ((((hugs)))) And yes, the teen years are SO hard - but they do pass - eventually !! Why is it weird with your big sister coming over ? And I love when you talk about the twin thing - that must be so neat!!

Pauly - so sorry about the food poisoning - yuck - nothing worse - poor you. I hope that you feel better - take it easy on the tummy for the next few days and just have bland stuff - bananas rice, etc !!

Rusty - lovely that you had such a lovely time with your sister - my sister and I are Skyping right now ! (we Skype message a lot). Oil of oregano is really good for colds - but it is best if you can start it as soon as you feel that cold coming on - it tastes pretty awful but really works - it is natures antibiotic - but you have to get the proper stuff - not the cooking stuff. Hope you feel better soon.

K9 - I do have some AB but am not sure about taking it - I am taking the Nal every day and although it is going to take a while it will work one day!! I am intrigued though about an antidote to the AB - please PM me and tell all!!! Laughed about the comment from your co-workers about when you are actually there ! Oh dear!

I need to go and walk a dog or two - I am not working today and so do not get much exercise ! The sun has just come up and was beautiful!! God's 'Good Morning' I think !!

Have a great day everyone, Hugs, Sun xx
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Morning all,
                      Hope the RV starts and this goes smoothly. I am not up for any drama today, mine or anyone elses.
                      The sun is out and hopefully no rain for the trip. This place is an hour away so it will be a long day for the poor doggies.
                      Maybe a quiet night who knows.
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Mornin' Peeps!

Mama - Sounds like your office is a fun place to work! I love my "guys", we tease and joke all the time. Back in the day I was "that" size 0 girl with the perfect hair and nails...but alas, not anymore! I will admit I still wear thongs though...I guess it's an acquired feeling. LOL You should buy Miss Perfect some granny panties as a present. HA

Pauly - Sorry you're still feeling the bug...I HATE stomach issues, I had them a lot when I was drinking. I'm happy to report I TTFP today so this weekend is definitely going to be AF! Take care of yourself girlie!!

Sunni - I can tell you the AB "secret" since it's really not...I googled it (of course) when I decided I was going to drink on AB. It's large quantities of Vitamin C. Now don't get me wrong, it won't "erase" the effects, it just makes them less harsh. And I AM NOT suggesting you take AB and drink at all! I've been down that road too and it was like I was in poltergeist with the head spinning and projectile vomiting! If you are at all in doubt, I would hold off on the AB...the risk is simply not worth it!

I made pot roast and mashed taters last night...so yummy. Then I got a wild hair and started rearranging furniture until I was reminded by sharp pains that, oh yeah, I have fractured ribs! lol Tomorrow is going to be a relaxing (lazy) day for me, I have several books to read and Season 4 of Game of Thrones to watch!

Happy Friday everyone!!
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

We decided on a fair price for the RV and I deposited the check in the bank. So bitter sweet and sad. He loved that machine and we had so many plans for the future but now someone else will enjoy it I hope. One more thing off my list.
                          Now please pray that the closing on my folks house on Monday goes as planned. Then I might be able to exhale.
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Prayers up Dottie
                            I am exhausted... another manager has quit and I am so stressed...I cannot be four places at one time

Comment

Originally posted by mama bear View Post
                              I am exhausted... another manager has quit and I am so stressed...I cannot be four places at one time
                              (((((Hugs))))) to you MB - try and get some rest!!!!

love, sun xx
                              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good evening all.
                                Sunny, I hear you with the shaving of the winter coat! It's gonna be 76 tomorrow. I need to be ready for my shorts! It's weird with big sis on account of "elephant" in the room. I still feel uncomfortable around them in light of this whole drinking thing. I actually just got off the phone with her and the conversation was totally normal. I'm probably making it a bigger deal. I spoke to my twin tonight too, she's upset about my niece, so it wasn't at all about me. I see my twin frequently, my older sis, not so much.
                                Mama, sounds like you have a good crew at work. Really a thong? I guess she doesn't have panty lines! Why is everyone quitting? I think a good rest this weekend for you is in order.
                                K9, moving furniture? Take it easy. Good for you for ttfping. Pot roast, yum! I haven't been cooking all that much, shame on me. Next week will be better. After Monday I should be back to a regular work schedule.
                                Dottie, glad you sold the RV with relative ease. Hopefully Monday will go well too. I know it must be hard. You are so incredibly together and strong. Hope your not too sad tonight! What's in store for the weekend?
                                Sweet dreams!

Comment

Working...
                                X