One Step at a Time - September 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - September 2015

Wow - September already! Welcome to one and all.............

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Hey, Nora, just wanted to pop in and congratulate you for all the positive steps you took last month. Keep on stepping!

Comment

Morning all,
      I am so sorry to have worried you all and I am also grateful that you care enough to be concerned. I thought I posted yesterday but I think it went poof into cyber space or who knows what.
      Date with Jim was a lot of fun. He is by no means a ballroom dancer but he did fast dance pretty well and the slow dance was good too..hehehehe Saw him again yesterday and he is picking me up in an hour to go to a lecture on something I forget what. He is retired so I cant let him take over my life but for now this is fun.
      Went to a funeral yesterday for a gal on another forum I have been a part of for a very long time. This is the first time I have been able to stay for the entire funeral and I went to the cemetery. She was a great woman and helped so many find their way to sobriety and for that I felt I had to go.
      Fen thanks for the call this morning. Meant a lot that you all care that much and to know that there are guardian angels looking our for me.
      I can not believe it is September. Where did the summer go???
      Thanks again and all is well Dottie land....
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, I'm glad to hear that all is well and you had such a nice time last night. You'll have to fill us all in on the lecture later.
        Sorry about your friend. It sounds like you are healing. <3

Comment

NS - Thank you for all of your support!! :hug:

Dottie - sorry to be paranoid. I was just concerned when we didn't hear from you. I'm glad that you had fun.

Fen - thanks for checking on Dottie. Hang in there, friend.

I'm at work and need to get back to it. Have a great day everyone.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi there, NS!

Nora, no problem. Dottie checks in every day, so I was worried, too. I'm hanging in there. : )

Liz, Pauly, where are you?

Comment

Happy September all
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm here. Worked today and it's hard to get on there. Hope you all had a good day.
                Nora I agree you are doing so well. You're working so hard and you're sounding so positive.
                Fen, how is kitty today? How are you holding up under all this stress?
                Dottie, I'm glad your ok too. Does it bother you that he's not a great dancer?
                So Mark isn't going to be able to work at Novaritis until January as per some new policy. Interns are only allowed to work 12 months. He's been there two years already. He was a little upset, but at least he got to go to Switzerland. Hubs was very upset. Definitely wanted a glass of wine tonight. Happy September!

Comment

Hi gang,
                  Were do I start but I am ok, this year has been no better than 2014, in the hospital April 3rd with Hemoglobin down to 4.1 and needed 8 units of blood to get back to 8.0, stomach bleeding internally and never noticed as am also taking Iron supplements for Gastric Bypass 10 years ago. Other this have been going on but I am determined to survive, totally dropped NY as she didn't even come down when I was admitted and later told me that she didn't feel that she was a priority in my life... Well I decided that MY LIFE was the priority, so I am now in another new job 4 days on and 4 days off and its 2 miles from my house.
                  Had a complete check out last week and Hemoglobin is now 15.1... Yess. little high blood press but we can work on that.
                  Have had a couple of relapses but working hard to keep it straight and level, still no smoking and proud of that.
                  Well I will be checking more in now and miss you guys, bottom was reached again and now its nothing but upward.
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Liz It doesn't bother me at all. He was fun and that was good enough. I am hoping to meet a great dancer at the studio. Or not, I am enjoying my lessons for now.
                    Meeting at church was good now I am going to watch some TV and chill.
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi FT so good to see you again!!!
                      Welcome back!!!!
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

FT - so great to see you. But, so sorry for what you have been thru. :hug:

Mama asked me to tell everyone hi. The WiFi is not free where she is staying!! She is doing OK but very tired.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

A sad night here. Our cat is not doing any better, so Mrs. Fen and I are hiring a vet to come euthanize her at home on Thursday. Mrs. Fen can't stand to have the cat sitter come and say goodbye tomorrow, so I will be there to greet her. She deserves to have her last moments with the kitty. She has been such a good friend to her for so long.

Additionally, Mrs. Fen and I are visiting an attorney in the morning in order to file for divorce. Just a really crappy day all around.

Comment

((((Fen)))) Call me if you need to talk....
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey all,how wonderful to see you FT! I was wondering about you just the other day, sorry about the health problems, sheesh,hope you're on the mend,Fen,that is so sad about your cat but if she's not doing well then no use in her suffering, are your allergies still acting up? Not much up in paulysville,hello to all and I'll see y'all after work
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X