Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARMY..................week beginning 7th September 2015!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARMY..................week beginning 7th September 2015!!!

Morning troopers,#

Had a great big lie in and it was luvverly

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Good Morning, Jackie and Army Friends, Associates, and Lurkers!

It's Labor Day here in the US so it's a holiday!! YIPPEE! I am taking a long walk along the lake with a dear friend (the lake is 26 miles around. We will only do 5 miles) and then having lunch at a lakefront restaurant. The weather is supposed to be really sunny and hot...which means I can go jump in the lake after our walk. Hahah. Ah, the joys of being sober and feeling every bone in my body rejoice. I remember one summer when I was trashed on a day like this...what a waste. Waves of hello to all my friends here!

Comment

Morning Rustyredlocks,
      Happy Labor Day or would that be Happy Labour Day over here.

Tenuous link of the decade............I went into to labour 29 years ago today and the lovely Jen made her first appearance early hours of the 8th Sept.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Morning Rustyredlocks,
        Happy Labor Day or would that be Happy Labour Day over here.

Tenuous link of the decade............I went into to labour 29 years ago today and the lovely Jen made her first appearance early hours of the 8th Sept.
        And you are back on your feet already Jacks ? :egad: You are a marvel.

Comment

Ok, ok, Jacksee...yes, Happy LabOUR Day in the UK! Happy Birthday to your daughter. She is lucky to have a mum like you.

Satzie...you crack me up! Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            :welldone::welldone::welldone:

Comment

Post of the week, and it's only Monday! Outstanding!

Comment

How did appointment go Shams ?

Comment

On form today Satz!:moonwalk:
                  Happy birthday Jen.

Enjoy the walk Rusty, for a moment there I thought you were doing a 29 mile walk!

Any update Shambles?
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Just got back....it was quite a hike, it was very helpful; will update in a bit. My earlier posts were done on my phone on a bus...a Herculean task in itself! Are we all well?

Happy Labor Day, and happy birthday to your Jen, Jacks

Comment

I'm just off to google what Labor Day actually is...

Comment

Wow. There are certainly a lot of strong opinions about that!

Comment

So, the meeting was really helpful. The first half was a history taking, looking at past and current life circumstances, and what the trigger for my relapse might have been. Made me realise that there was a trigger, even if it was a split second one, and the trigger was very probably rejection and then anger. (The stupid bitches rejection of my kind offer of a shandy, and how dare she reject that when I, a recovering alike, had been brave enough to go to the bar for her)...gonna have to do a lot more thinking about that, but it rings true. The rejection thing runs very, very deep with me.

The second half was looking at what my priorities were and what I could do to address them (in a realistic way, given my vulnerability). My priorities (apart from the obvious one) were getting back to work and finding somewhere to live. We both agreed that I am currently in a bit of an odd limbo situation, and taking baby steps to get out of this was important.

Also talked about my relationship with Maria, and how thinking about/dealing with this could stay on the back burner for a while.

It was really useful to talk this out, even though it was bleeding exhausting. First step is to make contact with my manager, which I'm going to do in a bit.

I think that's about it in a nutshell...I'll post more thoughts as I get them.

Comment

Evening army was a lovely afternoon here. After AA meeting I went for a cappuchino and sat outside at a table in the sun it was like summer and felt like I was on holiday reading my book over looking the sea. Those appointments can be exhausting and a bit tough Shams as I had that kind of counciling a few years ago. It did help but I relapsed again. Just take things slowly baby steps as you say. when is you next appointment?

Comment

Lets' hope Jacks had a happy 29th anniversary of Labour Day :haha:

Comment

Working...
                              X