Turning you weakest moment/time to your most powerful tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning you weakest moment/time to your most powerful tool

What is the lowest point you ever found yourself in or something so horrible that you did,
    that altered the way you will for ever look at alcohol? That moment that replays it self over and over that scares the daylights of you, that makes you say, never again...I have tons but one in particular creeps me out so bad that every time i relive that moment i just recoil and any thoughts of drinking just vanish as i never ever wanna be that person again. Never again do i want to give so much power and control to something that is out to destroy me.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Thanks for this. Yes I've had more moments than I care to admit. Always managed to convince myself this time I can control it. But of course we know how the story ends,
    I was so comforted by the bible verse at the bottom of your post. Exactly what I needed this morning, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
      Thanks for this. Yes I've had more moments than I care to admit. Always managed to convince myself this time I can control it. But of course we know how the story ends,
      I was so comforted by the bible verse at the bottom of your post. Exactly what I needed this morning, thank you!
      Wonderful Lizann, glad it helped. We have a relentless, vindictive, cunning opponent. Got to be vigilant.
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

My moment was the morning of January 20, 2011. The night before, my hubs walked out with a few clothes in his hands. I dont remember my last drink that night. I remember crying myself to sleep over a big fight we'd had over AL, AGAIN. That morning he came back for more clothes and spoke rationally and methodically that he wasnt going to be married to a drunk. He told me to decide how to split our assests and that he would be moving out. The look on his face is one I will never forget. His expression held disdain, disgust, pity, anger and FEAR. It was horrible to see just how much pain I had caused him. THAT is my go-to image when I have a thought about AL. It goes away immediately. NO drink is worth what I saw that morning.
        GREAT question, thanks for asking. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
          My moment was the morning of January 20, 2011. The night before, my hubs walked out with a few clothes in his hands. I dont remember my last drink that night. I remember crying myself to sleep over a big fight we'd had over AL, AGAIN. That morning he came back for more clothes and spoke rationally and methodically that he wasnt going to be married to a drunk. He told me to decide how to split our assests and that he would be moving out. The look on his face is one I will never forget. His expression held disdain, disgust, pity, anger and FEAR. It was horrible to see just how much pain I had caused him. THAT is my go-to image when I have a thought about AL. It goes away immediately. NO drink is worth what I saw that morning.
          Thanks for sharing such a powerful and personal memory. My hubby made a statement shortly before I quit where he mentioned that a couple were getting divorced. When I asked why he said "because she's an alcoholic and it's a real shame her drinking has destroyed their marriage." His nonverbals said more to me than his verbal statement did. Shortly afterwards I blew my moderating attempts twice in a row in a one week period and came to the same conclusion you did. My marriage was worth more than alcohol. I was simply all done drinking.

Addy~
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Thanks for Sharing Ms Bydie, not only did you save your marriage and life but you are making great contributions saving other people's marriages and lives. Very purposeful living.
            All done, I am sure your family will be forever grateful for the selfless choices you are making. Great job sticking to the quit.

Comment

Working...
            X