Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Birthday Dill. A fellow Taurus.

Well, today was a rough day. My brain really really wanted to go to the liquor store. Maybe it is the 80 degree weather, light breeze, clear blue sky. Every year when spring finally hits it really triggers my desire to drink. Odd. But I took it an hour at a time and I am about 30 seconds from going to bed sober. Tomorrow is another day.

24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Happy belated birthday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!
      [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] Good job in not giving in to that voice in your head! It does get better over time.

Kentucky derby day. I used to be so plastered by post time, that I could never remember which horse won! Not this year!

Another 24 please ...

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good job [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]!

It's a good thing I have this reminder calendar on my laptop [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], or there'd never be any cake lol.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My journey has always been the balance between chaos and order.
            ~Philippe Petit

Today's world seems to be teaming with chaos. I really work to keep in mind that I have at least some control over my own little corner. And when I do not have control over events, I can at least have control over my reactions to them.

Well done BigAl on making it to bed with another day under your belt! Sometimes when I am having a day of struggle, I remind myself that it is only "X" number of hours or minutes until bedtime and how good it will feel to be there sober. I realize that my reasons for drinking have changed over the years. In my later years t's not so much about enhancing a good time or relaxing in social situations as it is about escaping anxiety and chaos. It's an escape from worries and fears. Irony is that it just adds to them!

So, 24 more for me today, please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please. & thank you.

Another productive day yesterday as we progress from chaos to order. Great quote Dill!

One of our sons lives and works nearby. It was a warm and sunny day here so I thought he’d appreciate a ride home after a long day on his feet instead of walking 20 minutes. I was right. This is one of the benefits of living close to our kids. I’m looking forward to when we can have all of Calgary family here together for a meal!

Have a great af Saturday everyone! Stay safe.

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; May 1, 2021, 07:29 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote, Dill. Good job, Big Al. Hope everyone has a peaceful, easy weekend. 24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & Calendar devotees. Gorgeous day here. Going to golf with stepdaughter and husband. Hiking in Yosemite tomorrow. All good distractions that I need right now. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Another 24 for me. Happy May. Blessings x
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's breakfast time!

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

It was the first day in the field yesterday, long and tiring lol, but I got 310 acres of peas seeded!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast cowboy! Now that I'm all filled up, I can tackle the day!

It's a beautiful Sunday morning here, so it might be a good day for a walk!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning cafe friends! Another rough day yesterday but I made it. On to a beautiful, non-hungover Sunday. At the conclusion of this day I will have three weeks.

I appreciate the support. And the breakfast [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].

Another 24 please and thanks.
                            Last edited by BigAl; May 2, 2021, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I was so inspired by Dill’s quote that Mrs QW and I organized the underground storage room yesterday. That plus the fact I’m having summer tires put on the Jeep today and I need space to store the snow tires! We knew we were short of space before the move and left the summer tires with Jessie’s new family. For the last several years I’ve had our former neighbour do the changeover, I’d rather pay him than anyone else.

Cowboy, thanks for taking a pea break and cooking a wonderful breakfast. I can almost taste it!

Big Al, you’re doing great! These are tough days in your quit and look, you’re at three weeks already. Coming out of the alcohol induced fog is so refreshing.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the French toast Cowboy! Big Al so glad you got over the hump the other night. 3 weeks is a big deal! Dill loved your quote. Wishing everyone a great day. Heading out to ride my bike. Did 7 miles yesterday. Not much to you Techie, but a lot for this old gal. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X