Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Yesterday was Wednesday, the day the liquor store I used to support put out their weekly flyer. I would check it every week to see which of my favourite beverages were on sale. That was 4 years ago. We cancelled the newspaper subscription yet even after all this time, most every Wednesday, I remember it’s sale day at the liquor store. Why, I have no idea. Maybe it’s a reminder the beast is still there.
    I used to buy a 4 litre box of merlot and besides giving me a sore head, it gave me one of the best laughs I’ve ever had. “Stays fresh for up to 6 weeks”. As if it would ever last that long!!

Speaking of sore heads, my son changed out the light fixture I kept hitting my head on.

I’m trying to decide what to cook for supper on my new barbecue tonight.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

You guys are the best! Didn't drink last night, wasn't tempted. It's so hard to be around people that start drinking at 4 and continue until bed. If these people weren't hubby's family, I'd choose to stay away. That's not an option.

Headed home shortly so best get packing! 24 more, come hell or high water!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and flyer lovers. Gorgeous day here. So, another 24 for me. Have a GREAT day. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Glad you're feeling better, Ginger!

QW, so glad you no longer have to hit your head on the light fixture!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day.

24 please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]... I too, used to laugh at the label on boxed wine. Six weeks my ass! LOL!

Another 24 please!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I don't think those wine boxes lasted 6 days in our fridge! I remember taking the box out and sneaking drinks right from the spout so that I didn't make noise getting a glass or having to wash a glass and put it away before Bubba saw it lol.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. QW loved your post! I have never had wine last longer than a week. Glad you are not going to bump your head anymore. Ginger, so glad you didn’t cave last night. I went to our pool and there were several couples with a huge bottle of rum. Passing drinks out to those that wanted it. I kept busy with my pool skimmer just skimming bugs. That kept me from drinking plus I’m concentrating on the fact that this sunday will be 30 days which is a bit of a milestone. Hope everyone has a great day today. Lots of heat and humidity today in my future. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Awesome, Ginger, that you didn’t cave! Safe travels home. And congrats Rava on your upcoming 30 days af! Well done.

I used to hide the empty wine cartons in my workshop, rec room, or office until I could return them to the bottle depot. I remember a person at the bottle depot comment one time that it was nice to see me back so soon. That comment stayed with me a long time. Didn’t make me drink any less though.

My barbecue was delivered and installed early yesterday but due to a few things going on, I didn’t get the grills seasoned so we had left overs, or must-goes as we call them, for supper last night. My priority today after my walk is to get the barbecue ready. Can’t wait!

A nice sunny start to the day with no rain in the forecast for a few days.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Friday to us all!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Made it home safe and sound with no drinking yesterday. It's amazing how much better you feel when you wake up unhung! Why would I trade that feeling for the alternative?

Great job on 30 days, Rava. QW, enjoy that BBQ. Waves to the gang! Early appointment this morning. Best get after it! 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & wine box label readers. Nice day awaits. Another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Well, I have to admit, Cowboy.....I did the spout thing too! LOL! I found many creative/desperate ways to sneak drink. I guess we all have very similar experiences. I also could never make a box of wine last for 6 weeks! Try as I might! That's deceptive advertising, IMO!

QW, I guess that 'nice to see you back so soon' comment is with you still. We all have so many embarrassing moments to try to erase.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sitting on my back porch with a cup of coffee. It wasn't long ago that it was a glass of wine. I always figured that it was 5:00 somewhere! Lordy, I don't miss those days! I was often a "spout drinker myself cowboy!

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Yep we all probably have some spout stories and the sneaking that occurs to get where we want to be. If I was honest and could have just one glass of wine that would be so great! All the secretive drinking so others don't know that our buzz came from our 4th glass and not our first glass. So I’m on a good path today but I will never take it for granted because in just a flip of my thoughts I could be intentionally drinking that first glass of wine. I do NOT trust my brain at this point. Hope every one has a great day and QW enjoy that yummy BBQ. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X