~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good afternoon cafe friends. My job had us in Africa for almost 4 years and in that time we ate all kinds of things that most folks don't eat here in the northern hemisphere (cicada cuisine pales in comparison to some of things I saw... and ate). And I'll just leave it at that...

Anyway, bad news from the Doc. I have to take my wife for a biopsy on a lump Monday. All of this just happened so very quickly. To be honest it's like living in a different world. I woke up this morning and there was a second of normality and then I remembered that there is this thing that we are dealing with.

But, if there was ever a time to be sober it is now. My wife does not need this situation and a drunk me. So 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! Hopefully, everything will be O.K.. You're right in that this is not a good time to be drinking. (Not there's ever a good time) Sending prayers your way.

Enjoy your visit with your family [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Happy anniversary Mr. and Mrs. dill!

I'd be most grateful for another 24 please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, I’m hoping your wife just has a benign cyst and this will all be behind you soon! Ginger, glad you are enjoying your visit. Happy Anniversary Dill. Hope everyone has a good day. I have been busy with my little grandsons. It’s great to see them and nice to feel important. LOL. So glad to be sober and accountable and not worrying about my next drink. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're right [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], the best thing you can do is stay sober and be there for your wife. I don't imagine this is easy for either of you and my thoughts and prayers are with you both...

Sounds like everyone is enjoying your visit [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and being sober for it makes it that much more enjoyable for you!

Getting an animal processed isn't as easy as it seems, so many decisions to make. Size and type of roasts, steaks, hamburger etc. I'm not sure how long it's been for us to have beef in our deepfreeze as it's usually filled with wild meat. We do have it commercially processed except for the hamburger and sausage, we make that ourselves with the trimmings that we have them freeze in 10lb bags when they cut it up. The hind half is cut into the choice steaks and roasts, the front half is just made into slices and trimmings for jerky, sausage, and hamburger.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Anniversary Dill! 44 years is a real accomplishment these days.

Big Al, the best thing you can do for your wife is to be there sober. That’s been a real motivator for me as we deal with Parkinson’s. Don’t know where we’d be if I was drinking.

Yes, the freezer was bought mostly for the side of beef we’re splitting with our son and daughter in law. Our butcher does an A box and a B box when packing the meat so it’s a fairly even split. Our freezer isn’t big enough for all of the meat we’re getting but our son has a large freezer that can accommodate their portion plus whatever we can’t fit.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I hope the biopsy comes back benign, BigAl. Thoughts and prayers your way. Drinking would only complicate matters, for sure. That's what it always does for folks like us. There are many, many good reasons not to drink.

I know what you mean about all the decisions that go into getting freezer beef, Cowboy. I was taken aback by it the first time we had one done. Now I have some experience and it's not so overwhelming.

Let's all have another 24!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and side of beef lovers. Back home from medical appointments. Big sigh of relief. It’s so hot here, the squirrels are swimming in our bird bath. I’m off on a 15k run with a 3 liter camelbak. I don’t like wearing it but it is necessary. Another 24 for me. Have a cool and beautiful weekend. Blessings x

I will be holding your wife in loving light and prayer, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Here and no drinking! With my sisters til Monday. I'll try to read back later. 24 more!!

Comment

Good evening cafe friends, and thanks for all of the kind words and prayers. I do unfortunately have a long history of running to the bottle when things get stressful. It has never been a good recipe for managing life and there were times when I should needed to be the strong one and failed. But not this time. It's been a sober (and sobering Saturday).

I make tons of jerky and have been making biltong as well now for a while. Good stuff, my kids eat it just as fast as I can push it out! I would love to have a half a beef in my deep freeze. Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful AF Saturday. 24 more for me please and thanks. And again, I want to thank everyone for the positive energy. It will be what it is and we will deal with it. Not run from it.

Comment

QW and Cowboy, I have plenty of room in my freezer if you need to find a good home for some of that beef! :harhar::harhar:

Happy Father's day to all of the dad's in the cafe!

I'd be delighted and grateful for another 24 please!

Comment

The enormous responsibility and protectiveness a man has to feel towards his family when they are threatened was a revelation to me. I have now experienced manhood.
                          ~Colin Morgan

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads! I hope you all get to enjoy the expressions of love and appreciation you deserve....and maybe even a steak on the grill or some other treat!

And may we all enjoy another 24.

Shout out to [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! Thinking of you and hope to see you soon.
                          Last edited by dill; June 20, 2021, 06:16 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Breakfast is served!

Comment

Thank you for that powerful quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and it's oh so true!

Enjoy your time with your sisters [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I know how much it means to you!

And HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my cohorts here!

Comment

Working...
                                X