~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], yes, I was up at 4:00 am yesterday, which is not uncommon for me. I'm almost always asleep by 9:00 pm, so I do get enough zzzzz. Such an exciting life I lead!
    [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], kudos to you for staying sober during a time when your wife needs you the most! Keep it up!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm much like you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], usually in bed by 9, read till 9:30, then up around 4:45. Hard to break that habit except for seeding and harvest lol.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning! Thinking of you Big Al and very happy that you are staying accountable for your wife. You are very strong! Hi to everyone else. Where’s Pauly? Hope all is ok. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We have an electrician coming this morning to install a ceiling fan in our bedroom and that is the last of the planned improvements, for the time being anyway. Still have some furniture to rearrange but no rush on that.

Lots of rain in the forecast for today and then sunshine and heat well into next week.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

BigAl, hoping you hear something soon so you and your wife can find some peace. Stay close.

Ha! It's not unusual for me to be in bed by 830! Last night we were up and down all night with our pup who's almost 12yo. Poor old girl. Hoping it was just a one off episode but as she ages these things seem to happen more often. :'( We all know how this ends.

I saw a post from Pauly on Newbies Nest saying she was taking a little break while she deals with some family stuff.

We are taking the gkids camping next week, Mon-Thurs. Looking forward to some non-academic time with those two! It's much needed, believe me. I'll be out of cell service during that time tho so I'll be with you in spirit. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and early risers. Wishing you all have.an amazing day. Off for a long walk on the beach. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QW, it's good to hear that you and Mrs. Q are putting your own mark on the new place and making it yours. It's been a long process, but it sounds like it was all worth it!

I'm usually in bed by 9:30 too and up around 5:00. Morning is my favorite time of day! Volunteered today and really enjoyed it! The new position is a much better fit for me. I did help the Emergency Room volunteer with something today. She seems happy with her role there, so all around positive outcome.

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Love the new profile pic QW!

Glad to hear that Pauly is OK, and just taking a break. Hope that she gets her family issues resolved.

Sitting on the back porch with my coffee and enjoying a beautiful morning! So glad to be alive!

I'm in for another sober 24 hours!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I also love the new profile pic QW. Glad to hear that Pauly is just taking a break and hopefully will resolve her family issues soon. Ginger hope you have a wonderful camping trip with your grands. Techie, I’m headed to the beach today as well but not to walk but read my kindle. Jude, sitting on the porch with coffee also this morning listening to the birds chirp. Life is good when drinking is not involved. I feel so much better waking up clear headed and hopeful. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Same here... sitting outside in this lovely, cool breeze enjoying my morning cuppa. Feeling blessed.

Although, I almost slipped last night. I got some discouraging news and my mind immediately went to having a drink. That would have only made the news worse in the end. Stupid AV told me otherwise, of course. Had a lovely iced, grapefruit soda and got my head on straight. Woke up feeling good about fighting back the beast 💪.

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday and weekend. No AL for me! 24 more.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for noticing my new profile pic. This red tail hawk posed for me for about 5 minutes before he spotted a meal and took off.

Ever nice to have the ceiling fan installed. One of the many condo rules we have says AC units aren’t to be run after 10pm to keep noise levels down so the fan keeps us comfy.

A cool, cloudy start to the day, perfect walking weather. The heat starts tomorrow for several days.

Not sure how many hockey fans there are in the Cafe, but I was happy to see my Montreal Canadiens move on to the Stanley Cup finals after an overtime win last night. Go Habs!

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning cafe friends. Quite an odd week. My wife went for biopsy on Monday of this week and we got a call yesterday afternoon that indicated all samples were "unremarkable" which was great news. Shortly thereafter, we got another call and evidently, when the radiologist / doctors / nurses all got together as a whole to review and write the final report, they decided that they had potentially missed the target of the biopsy. So, we do the whole thing again on Tuesday of next week.

The stress seems to be manifesting itself in my inability to sleep. I bet I have had 6 hours of sleep over the last week or so. That makes for a foggy head and it's starting to affect my ability to do my job well.

Anyway, the whole thing would be worse if I were drinking. So that is a blessing that I have remained sober. 24 more for me please and thanks. Thanks again everyone for the positivity.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and profile pic enthusiasts. We are looking at homes today on Monterey Bay. While the prices are a bit frightening, we think we can make at least $300k profit on our current home. So, we look today without any internal/external pressure. I’m sorry you and wife have to endure another biopsy procedure. However, bless the radiology team. Stay strong as I have no doubt you can, BigAl. Another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X