~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

BigAl, so sorry you wife must start the process over, but it's good that they are double checking. Stay strong!

I too love your new profile picture, QW. What a handsome bird!

not much to report from here. 24 more will be good.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] sorry that your wife has to have another biopsy, but better safe than sorry. I also had a lot of trouble sleeping in the early days of sobriety. After a few weeks AF, I was able to sleep deeply. I used to wake up often with night sweats, and the need to have another drink, which I often gave in to. Give it time!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sounds like the volunteer positions have fallen right where they should [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Glad you're enjoying yours now!

Looks like it'll be Montreal vs Tampa Bay in the Stanley Cup final [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Time to bring the Cup back north of the 49th! It's a pretty close race in the point standings for our annual family playoff pool. Bubba won the trophy last year and I'm right up close to the top so far this year, so maybe (fingers crossed) the trophy will stay put in our house!

That's one of the biggest things I don't miss about drinking [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], those 3am night sweats!

Probably better to have the second biopsy rather than having a wrong diagnosis [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Hopefully the news will be just as good after this procedure!

Enjoy the camping with your grandkids [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], check back in when you can!

It looks like Adam and Darcie have sold their acreage. They accepted an offer a couple of weeks ago and all the subject to's have been cleared and the "Sold" sticker was put up on the realtor's sign yesterday. They have been house hunting in Sherwood Park but haven't made any offers yet. I'd imagine they'll get down to serious house hunting now that they have to be out of their place by July 23rd. Adam is bringing some of their stuff that the mover's won't haul over today to store at our place till they find a place, then he's going to help me with moving the mil to her new room at one of the other Senior's living facilities here in Vegreville so it's going to be a busy day for all of us! Seems like my life has been in constant turmoil for the last couple of year's lol.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, I’m sorry this is not over for you and your wife. It sounds like they are being super cautious and the fact the the initial scan was unremarkable sounds pretty good so far. Try not to dwell on it. I know easier said than done. QW living in hot Florida, I can’t imagine not being allowed to run the AC after 10 pm. We would melt! We just got a new system installed last week. They say units here only last about 10 years since they run full time. Techie, good luck with the home search. We did well on the sale of our home back in April and are lucky we already had a condo to live in. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, will be thinking of you and Mrs BA on Tuesday. It’s best they be extra cautious.

Rava, when we moved west 8 years ago, we had central air installed in our house. People told us we were crazy to spend money on AC when it’s only needed a couple of weeks each year. Wrong. We ran it from late May to the end of September most years and enjoyed sleeping in AC comfort. We used to live in eastern Ontario in heat and humidity so know how necessary AC can be.
              One of the adjustments to condo life is that there are rules. 17 pages of rules. You wonder why some are necessary but then realize the rule likely came after something stupid!

The heat starts today so off for another early walk.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'm glad the docs are taking a second look, BigAl. That's something worth a thorough second look for sure. Sending cancer free vibes to your wife.

Techie, Monterey Bay! I hope you have a house warming party and invite the Cafe. We just scheduled another two week beach trip in August but there's not a beach in WA like your CA beaches.

Well..... I had two glasses of wine last night. It was mindful. I'm dumping the bottle now. Here's the weird thing. I gave myself permission to have two. I felt a little buzz but that was it. I'd have been way better off if I'd had my grapefruit pop! AV convinced me otherwise. I'm asking for 24. Just today, one day at a time.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and AC lovers. We found a home. It is beautiful. It will also be a year out since it’s a new build. This will be our last move. Another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Congrats on the new home, Techie! That's awesome! I am beginning to feel like I need to move houses....am I the only one here who hasn't made a recent move or is planning one?

Ginger, you are lucky you kept your promise to stop at two! I cannot do that, no matter what I tell myself. Glad you dumped the rest!

I finally had my follow up appointment after the stress test. The doc said I passed the stress test and although my arteries are showing some calcification, it is not to a severe level and my blood flow is not restricted. The heart is getting the oxygen it needs to function just fine for now so we will need only to adjust my meds and monitor things at this point. YAY! I have to add an ace inhibitor which I've never been on before, so we shall see how that goes.

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

So glad that you have found a house techie! [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], your not the only one that hasn't moved in awhile, and is not planning to do so. I love where I live, and couldn't imagine livin anywhere else!

Glad that you stopped at 2 drinks [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! No way that I could have done that! Miraculously, I have never had a DWI, but last night I dreamed that I had gotten three! I awoke feeling so horrified and ashamed, until I realized that it was just a dream. It was a great motivator for cherishing my sobriety!

Happy Sunday cafe!

Humbly asking for another sober and DWI free day!

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I think it's time for more coffee and breakfast!

Comment

Good morning and great breakfast Cowboy. Dill, glad you passed your stress test and they are watching your arteries. Ginger, good stop at two. I also had 2 last night. I only stopped at 2 because thats all the booze we had. UGH. No more booze in this house. My husband barely drinks so he doesn't care if we never have any in the house. Techie, congrats on finding your new place even if its a year out! Just adds to the excitement of all the planning and decorating. QW, I could not live without air conditioning. Here in Florida you just walk outside and your glasses fog up. It is stinking hot everyday until it rains and then it cools off. I still love it here tho. Hi Jude, Big Al and anyone I missed. Heading out to a food truck park today for lunch looking to get a Greek gyro. OK humbly asking for 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, glad your stress over the stress test is over.

Congrats Techie on finding a new place to live. Will you be actively involved in the design? We were in a bit of a panic after our previous house sold in 1 day. The Calgary housing market was crazy at the time with many condos selling over asking price in a day so not ideal conditions for buying. We refused to get into bidding wars or waive conditions like a house inspection, something many other buyers did. We ended up buying mostly for the location - close to our family.

I’m off for another early morning walk to beat the heat. At 6:40, it’s already 19C.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy! Great way to start the day.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Enjoying my coffee (unhung) outside before the temps reach 110f°! Heading out camping in the morning. We will probably live IN the lake! It will only be 10f° cooler up yonder.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], glad your appt was a positive one! [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'd love to see a pic of your property. Does this move come with retirement? Sounds like you may still be working, no?

No AL for me last night. I sure wish hubby would give it up. I think there would be less triggers, if there was no alcohol in the house. But...that's just an excuse.

Hope everyone has an easy AF day. Stay cool and hydrated! I'll take another 24.

My coffee spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X