~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

So good to have you back, Pauly. Sorry about whatever is going on with your son.

BigAl, glad your MIL is mending and you made it home safely.

Rava, do you like to puzzle? I have a puzzle I work on during the witching hours. Doesn't always work but it's something to do.

QW, sorry Mrs. QW is struggling. Hope you can get to the bottom of things today.

Hi to everyone! Hope we all have an easy AF day! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and volunteer workers. If you thought I was going to mention how hot it will be today, you’re wrong. It will be HELLISH. Meditation done so off early for long bike ride, then laps in pool. I have my cryotherapy this afternoon. Mrs Techie will have her first session. I’m getting considerable pain relief. I have old injuries from college football and the the military. Highly recommend this along with acupuncture. So, I will happily take another 24. Wishing you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. if I may, I would like to suggest some type of meditation practice to you that are trying to fill voids in your life. When you can just stay present and be “just there” without the ego interruptions, miraculous things can happen. It is where the divine resides, in the field of all possibilities. It will change your life!!!
      Last edited by techie; July 22, 2021, 09:05 AM. Reason: Added text
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. Thanks all for the thoughts on my MIL. I am also very happy with her progression and return to normalcy. It was a HUGE stressor on my wife and it has been good for her to see her Mom. And good for me to be there for both of them. I need to make a few adjustments to her house in order to ensure her safety over the next couple of months.
        [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I sometimes don't know what to say. I strive to achieve the balance and peace that you exude.
        [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], the best corn we have ever grown. Regular good rains and not crazy temps (and no-till farming practices) have set us up for a good year. I am eager to see what our bushels look like this year.

As for me, I am struggling. I am deeply moved by [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]'s honest posts about temptation. I am in the same boat. I seem to go in cycles, strong followed by a period of weakness. I am also very skilled at beating myself to death mentally over my failures. I fight every day. White knuckled brawl at points. I love you guys (and by guys I mean guys and gals).

24 more please and thanks.

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'm sorry that you are both struggling at the moment, and I do know how you feel. The more sober time that you have under your belt, will squash most of the desire to drink. Just keep saying no and eventually, the alcohol voice will go away. I think that [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] has some excellent advice regarding meditation and self-love.

Hope Mrs.QW is feeling better QW!

Another 24 please...

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Our crops are in pretty bad shape [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], but we did get 3/10's of an inch of rain yesterday when we could have used 3 inches. But we'll take what we can get and hope that there's enough to fill out the heads. And like the others said, don't beat yourself up to bad when you slip or have to white knuckle it. We all know how hard it is and if quitting were easy, we'd have never met each other here! Take it one day at a time knowing that tomorrow brings a new day to build those sober muscles.

Hopefully things are settling down with your son [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and the problems are being resolved. It's hard to think of anything else when our kid's are having problems.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for all the positive comments. Last night was a sober night and I pray that I dont have to fight and white knuckle it tonight. Ginger, I do have a puzzle that I may just pull out tonight! I also like to color which I started up again. QW I hope your wife gets some answers about her pain. Pauly, so sorry about your issues with your son. So glad you are back. Big Al, we fight this shitty beast together each and every day. I need to review the rational recovery crash course that you can find on line. It sometimes helps me get my head back on straight. Hi to Jude, Dill, Cowboy. I’m heading to the other side of the state for a weekend visit with my daughter. I do not plan on drinking. 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’ll get the results of Mrs QW’s appointment next week when we meet with our family doctor. We were victim to our 5th season yesterday - road construction. A drive that should have taken 15 minutes took over 30 because of a major detour. Good thing we left extra time, just in case as we needed it. Mrs QW arrived 2 minutes early.

Pauly, my family is a major trigger for me so while part of me wants to be at my brother & sil’s 50th anniversary party, I’m glad I won’t be tempted by all the drinkers who will be there.

Off for a walk in the smoke. Wonderful.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Morning all,well my son goes to court on Nov 10 so it's ongoing for a bit,Techie I don't think I could do the cold thing,I can't handle cold brrrrrr! They say that's supposed to be great for a mood boost to tho,QW,yep family is great but in small amounts haha,Rava and Big AL you guys got this,any day not drinking is a win waves to the gang and wishes for a fabulous AF Friday!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quick check in! Thinking of you all. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those with air quality issues. No run/bike today as the air quality is yucky. I thought I was going to wind up with frost bit dui g my cryogenic session yesterday. I will admit, that I felt absolutely wonderful after it. Another session next week. I think I’m up for another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Here is a pic of the cryotherapy unitbekow. Blessings x

Last edited by techie; July 23, 2021, 09:11 AM.
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for the pic, Techie. I don't think I'd brave it!

Pauly, I hope things smooth out for your family and especially your son. We've been thru rough patches like that with our son in the past and we got thru it. He's doing great now. Hang in there and stay strong.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Howdy to My cafe friends!

My stepson and his wife have been here for a few days. Their 10 month old daughter sure kept us entertained! They returned home yesterday, and Mr. J and I are exhausted! It was good to see them though, and we plan on visiting them in N.Carolina sometime in October.

Pauly, I hope that your family troubles are resolved quickly.

24 more please...

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Have a safe trip to the coast [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], and enjoy the vacation!

Sounds like you had a great time [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] with the family! I would imagine it's exhausting when you're used to just the 2 of you.

Bubba and I are off to memorial service this afternoon for one of the farm neighbors. He died of a heart attack last week at 69 years of age. I think I might have mentioned him quite some time ago when him and his wife came to talk to me about quitting drinking and how I did it. He knew he had to quit because of his health and didn't want to go to AA. We chatted for a few hours and I told him about my journey and the different options there were now other than AA. He died sober, over 4 years since his last drink. Rest in peace Gene...

I'm also sure I mentioned Tommy before, the neighbor just a mile north of our farm as I spent many afternoons and evenings drinking in his shop with him and lot's of the area farmers. It was the "go to" place for everyone in the area, we called his shop "Tommy's Bar & Grill" lol. Anyway, he suffered a minor stroke last Saturday and just got home from the hospital yesterday. I called him mid-week to see how he was doing and he wasn't up for much conversation as he was in the process of detoxing. I'm really hoping he stays off the sauce as his health has been deteriorating for a few years now. I'll do what I can to help him stay sober, hopefully this stroke was his rock bottom and he'll want to quit, not just have to quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X