~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours for me please in a very rainy NI. I'm in the mood for caffeine & sugar, so a very large caramel latte would be lovely this evening.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] & [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] I'm sorry you drank & are struggling :hug: sendinh you kind thoughts but not strength. You have that already x take care of yourselves x
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wildflower.
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

I finally found some time to read back and even do a couple of posts on various threads! I want to thank everyone who comes to the Club and Cafe, committing each day to try and be AF has always been important to me and very much a big part of my sobriety plan.

But I want to take a moment and recognize one of the members of the Club, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Here is a lady that shows a fierce desire and determination to live the life she deserves. I’m not sure how much AF time she has behind her, and it really doesn’t matter, what matters is that she never gives up! There are other members like this as well, but I admire dill’s attitude. So if you’re having trouble putting together any amount of AF days, go have a look at some of the members on each thread, look at their join date, then look at their quit date, you’ll see that you’re not alone in finding a quit that sticks.

One thing is for sure, you won’t beat this beast on your own! So if MWO isn’t giving you what you need, look at other options, but please, don’t ever give up on yourself, you are worth the hard work!
      Last edited by abcowboy; May 29, 2017, 07:14 PM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

10:20pm in Toronto. another 24 please.
        hello everyone ! hey cowboy ! i hope everyone is doing well and i am here with a latte and a plate of baklava. god that stuff is so good. lol.

i popped in. there are always moments where i have an urge to check in.
        i am almost 2 years sober and will be in August.

i just wanted to say that i understand the struggles. probably could see that from my own posts in the beginning. the tough love. the support and the discouragement. this site helped me for sure. so for the newbies? just reach out. and stay close. one day it'll stick. when you want it bad enough? it will stick.

night !

Comment

Neo Day 20 Another 24 please

Comment

4:54 am in Vegas another 24 please,Neo,awesome to see you at 20 days! Hi BRI! Baklava is one of my faves hope you brought enough to share,congrats on nearly 2 years
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“You can have RESULTS or excuses NOT BOTH.”

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=9078]Lost Soul[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Bri!!! It's great to hear from you and even better that you're doing well!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Nearly 8:30 am here in Jersey and time to head off to work. Bit chilly at 56f and the clouds are amassed in the heavens. Great weather for a hot cup of coffee. Another 24 please!

Like the quote [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION]. Just to add to it one of my favorites on results:

"Start realizing right now that there's no such thing as failure. There are only results. You always produce a result. If it's not the one you desire, you can just change your actions and you'll produce new results. Cross out the word 'failure,' circle the word 'outcome' in this book, and commit yourself to learning from every experience."

-- Tony Robbins in Unlimited Power
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Gorgeous day here in the Ohio Valley, partly cloudy, low humidity, slight breeze and in the 70s! Glad I'm able to enjoy it! 24 more, please.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'll take 24 on a beautiful day here in the Ohio River Valley, too [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Didn't realize we were neighbors, lol.
                    Hi [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]! So good to hear from you! Glad you're doing so well! Don't be a stranger.

Comment

I didn't realize that either, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! To be more precise, I am in the Miami Valley. I didn't think anyone would know where that is so I just said Ohio Valley. Busted! LOL!
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

7:22pm - another 24 please ! i will try and come around more often. i am glad to see this thread is still movin and shakin.

Dill congrats on 20 days ! and congrats to everyone that keeps on keepin on.

Comment

11 am here in Scotland and I'll have another 24 please!

Comment

21 Days 5hrs 40 mins AF,NF & Benzo free. Have been on baclofen over a week. 3 x 10mg/day. That good feeling I got from them seems to have died down .Will have a revisit/adjust this week and may speak to an experienced bac doctor who happens to be from Perth australia and book an appointment by Skype if I can. Baclofen Treatment for Alcoholism . I ordered some more supps this week, protein powder and a new one chucked in,a testosterone supp. Maybe will help. Still feeling tired and confused but in a healthy way. Will refine diet more this week and should get some regular exercise in as well. So for now another 24 please . 9 days off a month

Comment

A light rain here this morning, I'll take 24 please. Waves to my neighbor!

Comment

4:56 in Vegas another 24 for us all here
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X