~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and weight gainers thanks to ABC. Lovely breakfast. So, I’m golfing tomorrow at 9am. The smoke has infiltrated back in my area and the forecast is 106f . If it becomes too difficult, I will quit after nine. Wearing a mask is another consideration. Positive thoughts and prayer out to BigAl, Mrs QW, et al. Meditation is done, as is doggie walk. I am trying my very best to stay positive and not let cancer thoughts in. I am such a power of the mind believer, and its ability to heal anything. That is where I’ll direct my energy. So, in the meantime, I will gratefully take on another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible, and the best healing day possible. Blessings x
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

BigAl, that late black eye is worrisome. Did they do a brain scan? Glad you're seeing the doc tomorrow. Healing thoughts coming your way!

Jude, I love the sounds of the coyotes too. Hey, they have to eat too, right?

Techie, praying your appointment is uneventful and nothing is up!

900!!!! Great job, QW. Hope Mrs. QW's appt goes well.

Waves to everyone from this cool, smoke free Washington coast morning! Another AF day all around.

Comment

Techie, I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

BigAl, that must be very troubling for you to have no memory of the wreck. I know that would bother me greatly.

Congrats on the 900 day milestone, QW!! That's awesome!

Jude, I love the sound of coyotes, as long as it is from a distance! I also like the smell of skunk as long as it is from a distance too!

Cowboy, I can't believe it's already harvest time. The growing season just goes by way to fast! Thank you for the wonderful breakfast.

24 more for each and every one of us, please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for breakfast cowboy! I had to reheat mine in the microwave, but that's what I get for being such an early riser!

Thinking positive thoughts for you techie and BigAl!

24 more please...

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good luck with your golf this morning [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. I imagine the course is busy in the mornings as I don't imagine anyone golfs in the afternoon heat!

Harvest is about 2 weeks early this year due to no rain and all the heat. So far our yields are way down from last year but still not bad in comparison to other farmers in the area. Sounds like we won't be chopping much straw this year either, we'll be dropping most of it into swaths for all the area farmers to bale for their use as it's not just a bad year for hay and yields, but the crops are so short there won't be much straw either...
              Last edited by abcowboy; August 17, 2021, 07:01 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I missed my post last night due to falling asleep on the couch early. Off to Dr appointments this morning. I will take another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another hot, smokey, day ahead before eagerly anticipated rain and cooler temps arrive tomorrow. An early walk wearing a mask is planned.

Big Al, no explanation needed for not posting yesterday. You’re dealing with a lot of pain and the most important thing is for you to heal.

Day 1 of our federal election campaign and I’m already tired of the lies! Gonna be a long 36 days. And I plan to vote by mail given the current Covid situation.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; August 16, 2021, 07:32 AM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing everyone a great day! I'll gladly take 24!

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I hate to hear that about the crops in your neck of the woods. We have been in a drought here lately but got a decent rain a couple of days ago. If we can get one more before the long season corn is done we will not be in bad shape. The beans still have a lot of growing left so they could go either way depending on the Aug / Sep rains.

Saw my GP for a follow up this morning. I hurt just about everywhere, and my muscles are starting to hurt from carrying myself differently with the pain. Overall, I guess I am healing as much as expected so far. The biggest shocker was my blood pressure. Sky high. I generally have a little bit of white coat syndrome, and am usually on the high side of acceptable, but holy cow it was screaming this morning. The doc put me on some pills for it. I notice that my damaged foot just THROBS when I go from horizontal to vertical. It feels like a balloon ready to pop. Anyway, I hope it's just a function of my body fighting on multiple fronts. Sober day for me and looking forward to another one tomorrow.

This wreck was an eye opener. I am contemplating quitting my job, which is a source of depression and anxiety for me, but I need to have a plan before I do so. Even a cut in pay would be worth it if I could find something that brings me a little bit of interest and joy.

I hope you all had a great Monday. Thinking about you techie.

Comment

Good to hear from you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Pain does cause blood pressure to rise. Anyhow, I’m not sure what your career is. I ask because I have a considerable network of contacts in the corporate IT world. I’m happily retired from that world. Now I write books, articles for men’s periodicals, and play golf, lol. Just thought I mentioned that as I do enjoy finding a good fit for folks in need. My sense is you are dealing with you situation fairly well. That awesome. I realize that is not easy. However, we all need to train ourselves to fund the blessing in everything. Get well and keep us apprised on your progress.
                        Last edited by techie; August 17, 2021, 12:35 AM.
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning cafe! Well, today is officially my last day of work! I have mixed emotions, as I love my job, but it is starting to affect me emotionally. Caring for people with dementia and Alzheimer's is very rewarding, but also heartbreaking, and it's starting to take its toll on me. On a more positive note, I have been taking a course in proofreading and really enjoy it. If I pass the final exam with an 80 or above, the company that offers the courses will hire me on as a freelance proofreader. The work is difficult, but I really enjoy it! The best part of the job is that I can work from home!
                          [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I too, have been in jobs which caused me a great deal of depression and anxiety. Explore your options, but don't do anything in haste. I once read that you shouldn't make major decisions in the early days of sobriety. Take your time and do some soul searching first. I wish you all the best, and hope that your pain subsides quickly.

I'm in for another 24 please, and thank you very much!

Comment

I'm happy for you Jude as you are making a healthy transition in your life. Change is difficult but this sounds like a very good one for you.

I don't even know if I checked in yesterday or not! We have been so busy the last few days helping my son and grandkids move that the days are just a blur. We are getting there tho and it will be wonderful to have them close!

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:08am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning. Quick check in. We are up north babysitting grandkids. Had a 5 hour unexpected layover in the airport yesterday. Very spotty internet right now. Can’t even read previous posts. I’m still sober. Wishing everyone a great day. Will hopefully be able to check in again soon. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X