~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sorry for your loss QW waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:17am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, thanks for your reminder that we should live each day like it’s our last. The world might just be a better place if we did.

My sisters mil- picture the Energizer Bunny - in her 90’s, recently had a stroke and after a week in a coma, woke up but sadly has lost the ability to speak. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting this amazing lady a few times. After years of being verbally abused by her ex-husband, being told she was stupid, she divorced him at 65 and promptly got her pilot’s license! To celebrate her 90th birthday, she and my sister did Edgewalk at the CN Tower in Toronto. Essentially, while tethered in a safety harness, you lean over the edge of the platform which is 116 storeys above the ground.
        Great life lesson here - live each day like it’s your last!

Cool and wet here today. Off in search of a new computer after a walk.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends! Still enjoying the cool coastal weather as things literally burn up back home. Crazy weather!

Had two glasses of wine last night with friends that stopped to visit. It was intentional so I'm not lamenting this morning. Hope we all have a lovely AF day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and rain makers. Some interesting thoughts running through my head this morning. While replying to a PM last evening, I am now questioning if I was actually an alcoholic or Simone who occasionally drank too much. After much tossing and turning, I’ve concluded that perhaps I was a situational alcoholic. In other words, I abused it when under extreme duress. I was never a daily drinker. I will continue to ponder this line of thinking. It amazes me how a different map of reality presents itself as a consequence of interaction with others. BTW, I am without Wi-Fi due to the Calder fire which is moving out way. I live on a golf course which is a natural fire break but we are ready to go if needed. We had a close call in 2015 but we were in Europe when our town was evacuated. Cal fire was able to halt the progress on that (Butte Fire) wildfire. Needless to say, our air quality is extremely unhealthy so we are hoping fir a wind shift.

It is with loving gratitude I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Cafe. Hope all is well. Sorry about your loss QW. I hope everyone is doing well. I’m still away babysitting and having a good time with my extended family. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. I had the stitches removed from my foot this morning. The nurse was very careful, but there is not much to grab on to that is not a complete mess. other than that it was a standard work day. I have a large proposal that goes out tomorrow so, as always, it will be right down to the wire. It has been interesting these last couple of weeks. I have remained sober, but with the numerous injuries I suffered I was prescribed a painkiller from the doc. I initially took it as prescribed and then started to supplement the prescription with just tylenol (because i know myself too well). Yesterday was the last of the prescription pain pills so I was on just straight tylenol today and by this afternoon I was in almost crippling pain. It's mainly my back (3 compression fractures). I just could not get my body into a position that did not hurt. So I called the doc for a refill and took a pain pill again this evening which made a huge difference. That worries me a bit. The back is going to be painful and it is going to linger. I can suffer through the foot, the road rash, the two extremely swollen fingers that I can't really bend yet, and the clavicle injury, but the back is a real issue as it just doesn't stop and it's constant. I need to get a game plan together and maybe get some physical therapy and stretching exercises.

Outside of that it was a blah day. I have not spoken of this part of my life yet on this forum, but my sister is a raging alcoholic. She has given up, and starts and ends her day in a bottle. I have cut off communication because she is toxic and mean. But, I understand the foundation for her just giving up. I think she will drink continuously until she runs out of money and then probably die. It's sad. She is my sister who I have great memories of from my childhood (although she is 9 years older than me). In my darkest times I have also had the "just give up" thought float through my head. I don't give it any energy, but I do understand it. That scares me as well that such a thought even has a space within my head, as abhorrent as it is. Anyway, too many random things bouncing around in my head today. Just looking forward to a good read tonight, a good sleep, and a sober (yet super busy) work day tomorrow. I appreciate you all and hope everyone had a wonderful Thursday. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Waking up to huge thunderstorms. Big Al, hang in there. I understand you not wanting to take the pain meds but you also cant live in crippling pain. For now you just have to do what you have to do. Focus on getting well. Hope everyone has a sober Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

The rain has finally stopped after dumping 6" of water in our area. I've been busy looking up floating cucumber recipes, but no luck so far. :harhar:

Be careful [MENTION=3270]ginger[/MENTION] 999, it doesn't take much for your brain to trick you into thinking that you can moderate your drinking. It's definitely a slippery slope.

I'm in for another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Techie and BigAl. You pretty much covered the spectrum of our conundrum starting with the concept of 'situational alcoholic' to totally giving up on life alcoholic. I feel like I can find myself at both ends of that spectrum on any given day. I'm definitely an alcoholic! I hope never to go the the dark place your sister is in BA and choosing to stay there. But I sense the possibility exists within me. Frightening.

But, not today! I will embrace freedom, health and wellness!

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:03am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I bought a computer yesterday, yet something else I own that’s smarter than I am. I bought a tablet for Mrs QW as an anniversary gift. I had originally planned a getaway to the mountains but with climbing Covid numbers, we’ve decided now isn’t a good time to get away.
                          Techie, I could use your help setting up the electronics!

Off for a walk before forecasted rain arrives.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; August 20, 2021, 01:12 PM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Friday all,hoping we all have a beautiful AF day
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those enjoying rain. Rain is something I haven’t seen in months. The fires are still raging. Let me know what I can do, QW. Smart decision re: the pain meds, BigAl. They were the catalyst is my worst years. While they help many function, they are trap for those who have addictive behavior. My last surgery, I told the medical team that I had addiction issues with pain meds. They helped me manage through them. So, on this smoke filled Friday I gratefully accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Again, I want to trumpet this quote: Self care is how we take our power back
                              Last edited by techie; August 20, 2021, 09:18 AM.
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Google morning all.

I'm struggling with sciatica pain. I had my 3rd flare up last night and it was horrible. If any of you have experienced this and have advice, I'd be grateful for it! I've tried advil, stretching, ice/heat. This morning leaves me with intense pain in my hip and tingling and numbness all the way down to my toes. Ugh!

24 more!

Comment

Working...
                                X