Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

You guys are the best!!

BigAl, you are going through some very trying times with quiting AL and your accident. Glad you're taking the wait and watch approach. Continuing to send healing thoughts your way!

Hope everyone has a peaceful AF day. I know that's what I want!

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Just a quick check-in and a humble request for 24 more.

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I know the feeling of spending the entire day anxiously awaiting the moment when I could have that first drink. Taking booze off the table has sure made a difference in my way of thinking,and it has given me the freedom to plan my day in a much more positive way.

It's 3:00 am and I'm sitting on the back porch being eaten alive my blood -thirsty mosquitos.

Yesterday I was stung in the head by a pissed off yellow jacket, and it still hurts quite a bit. My eyes are almost swollen shut, and it's a little tough to see. I took some benadryl about an hour ago and I'm hoping that it will make me sleepy enough to go back to bed.

Humbly asking for another 24...

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope you got back to bed [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], 3am is a bit early to start the day! The wasps up here are atrocious, they're everywhere, and they are feasting on the apples on the tree in the backyard. Hank and I love our "grass time" together when I'm home, but the wasps are making it dang near impossible to sit outside!

Looks like we might get today to get some combining done, then the rest of the week pretty much looks like a write-off according to the forecast.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, we have very few bugs in southern Alberta and most houses don’t even have screen doors. Having lived not far from you several years ago, I remember how bad the mosquitoes, wasps and hornets were. Cowboy, feel free to keep the wasps up North!

Going back to our old town for an appointment this morning. I’d love to see Jessie but worry that it would upset her. Hard to believe it’s been over 4 months since we moved.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

The ground bees are awful around here this year! Mr. D and I have both been stung recently. Hope you heal up quickly, Jude.

Cowboy, thank you for the yummy breakfast yesterday! You're the best! I hope you have a productive day on the combine. Then it looks like you'll have some time to spend with Bubba and Hank.

My brother and sil in Baton Rouge came thru the storm relatively unscathed aside from some tree damage. My daughter is still in Alabama and we don't know how things are at her home yet. Huge power outage affecting Louisiana.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, QW! Hope your appointment goes well this morning.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Have a great AF Monday all!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Jude, that's terrible. Hope you're better today.

I need to get my shit together and get focused on my quit. Humbly asking for 24!

Comment

Good Monday morning. Jude I hope the swelling is down now. What a mess. I hate bees. QW hope everything goes well for you today. Ginger, I know the feeling. I had to get my shit together last week and start the process over. So glad I gave up counting the days. Cowboy thanks again for an awesome breakfast. Hi Dill, Pauly, Techie, Big Al. Hope I didn't miss anyone. Mr R. And I just got back from an 8 mile bike ride. Not so bad for this old lady. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and professionals. I am golfing this morning but with a heavy heart. Hearing that people are preparing to evacuate South Lake Tahoe is unimaginable. That is my happy place that we stay in several times a year. A place blessed by God’s artistry. So, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Another wheat field done, headers on header wagons, and headed for the next field!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I helped change out the plates in the combine today for corn. We only farm corn and soybeans at this point, trading between the two at every field yearly. We have not had a good rain in a while so the corn is what it is at this point. The beans could still benefit from a good rain.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

24 more for all of us please!

Comment

Working...
                                X