No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:36am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is doing to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; August 31, 2021, 06:37 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a great day. Techie hope things get better at your happy place. Are they evacuating due to fires? Hi to everyone and hope its an AF day for us all. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

That's never a fun job [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], can be nots of finger-pinching going on and some of the bolts are so hard to reach! Not sure if you told me what kind of combine you have?
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Techie, I hope the evacuation is short-lived and people are able to return safely soon. So much turmoil going on right now in the world. I am grateful to have relative peace where we are and wish the same for everyone else.

My daughter and gson are still not able to return home to New Orleans and I have not word on how long it will be.

Drinking won't help. 24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Wishing everyone a nice AF Tuesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, you are so right, drinking won’t help. We only thought it did.

Thanks for posting those pics Cowboy. A lot of farmers around here have also harvested what they can of their crops.

I decided to drive by the old neighbourhood yesterday since I was early for the appointment. I was thrilled our former neighbours were home so I stopped to say hi and got to spend about 10 minutes with Jessie. She sat beside me, pressed herself against my legs and looked up at me while I gave her lots of scratches behind the ears and hugs. I got lots of kisses in return. Great to see her and know she’s happy in her new surroundings.
              I’ve been reluctant to drop in on other visits because I’m afraid it might be hard for Jessie but her new family assures me she’s fine with it.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, Jessie will always be your pup but happily for them, they can move on if given a happy place to be. It sounds like that's the case!

Hope everyone has an easy AF day. Still struggling here but working hard! 24 please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and dedicated farmers. Still holding hope that Lake Tahoe can be saved. We invited dear friends to stay with us. They arrived last night. It took them five hours to get here. Should have been a one hour drive. So, with a full house of love and friendship I will accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I hear you and am struggling as well.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], your friends are fortunate to have you.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], it’s a JD 9660 STS. 2004 year.

Comment

Sending out lots of support and hugs for my friends who are are struggling now. I have those days as well, but I keep reminding myself what life was like while I was drinking. Gratitude is the key!
                      [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], so glad that you were able to visit Jessie! It sounds as though she is very happy in her current situation, and I think that you couldn't have found a better home for her!

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

We only combined till 10 last night so I got up a bit early thinking I could get a good post done but when I went from the bedroom to the kitchen I stepped in a big puddle of water! It seems that the water heater has sprung a leak. Oh well, it's given us good service for being 19 years old! Time to mop up more water, then investigate the leak further, then probably look for a new water heater to replace this one.

On a happier note, it's Bubba and my 21st anniversary today, how she put up with me through all my drinking years still amazes me, but I love that woman so much for never giving up on me!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; September 1, 2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Good morning and Happy Anniversary Cowboy! Sorry about your water heater! QW, glad you got a visit with Jessie. I’m sure she enjoyed seeing and getting hugs from you! Big Al and Ginger, I’m struggling too. Last night I was just minutes away from heading out to the store to get a bottle. I talked myself off the cliff and happy to report I did not drink. Our local grocery store has a huge wine section that you have to pass thru to shop. That totally triggers me. It’s definitely a daily struggle. I have fought this my entire life and now in retirement where I want things to go smoothly, I’m struggling more than ever. UGH!!! Anyway, Sept 1 is a new month and new day. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday. I’m staying with this group cuz you are the ones that really understand a daily struggle. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

:flowerspin:Congratulations, Cowboy and Bubba!!:flowerspin:

I know I am biased, but I think it's a blessing that Bubba stuck with you; a blessing for her! You are a very special and dear man and she is lucky to have you. :heartbeat:

My daughter returned to her home and shop and found both intact. No power of course, but she purchased a generator on her way back home to power up her shop. Will make do at her home for the time being. We're just so grateful that she and her son made it through and made it back home and suffered no property damage. Techie, I hope the same for your dear friends.

QW, I was hoping you would stop and see Jesse! Glad she is so happy and well-loved.

Jude, you are right, Gratitude is key. Hang on Ginger, BigAl, Rava and all who are struggling. 24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Anniversary Cowboy! waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X