No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:37am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

@paulywogg!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the words of encouragement. Cowboy your post was spot on. We all have our own way of dealing and coping and the support we get here is amazing. Techie thanks for sharing your 911 story. Such a life changing event for you I’m sure. Big Al, good luck with the new doctor. I hate going to them for sure so I understand your thoughts on that. Happy Belated Birthday Pauly! Hi Dill, Jude, QW and Ginger. 24 for me please and thank you. Hope everyone has a good day.

Comment

Thanks you all 5:40 am in Vegas another 24 for us all,I'm gonna be out of town this coming up weekend so my check ins may be spotty but no booze for me! Have a great AF day all!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Pauly, belated happy birthday!!

My sister, a family doctor, has a favourite saying. “None of my patients on their death bed, has ever said they wished they’d spent more time at the office”. While we’re taking time to smell the roses, let’s keep this in mind. There’s much more to life than work.

Big Al, hope the meds situation is quickly resolved for you. You’ve been through a lot and don’t deserve that aggravation. Great that you’ve got such a supportive wife!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, thank you for sharing your story. There are no words 😢 such a terrible tragedy.

Happy belated birthday, Pauly. Hope your weekend away is for fun! Are you still doing hair?

Still struggling with this sciatica issue. Had a massage yesterday and back to the chiropractor today. 🤞

I slipped last night because I was having a pity party over this debilitating pain. Only a couple of glasses but still!! I can't do much of anything at the moment but I know that drinking at it won't help a damn thing. Back at it today!

Waves to all! 24 PLEASE!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Pauline Birthday celebrants. Hot day again, ugh. It gets tiresome. Good to hear about the new doctor, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. I backed out of the radio interview. The podcast was enough for me. I have had several articles published over the years. I just don’t want to always pick that scab. In other news, I am going to Phoenix in a few weeks. I will do some of my old hiking trails with my former hiking group members. The last time we were together was 2014. So, with a huge level of gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'd love to know the names of the trails you'll do. We are always looking for trails when we are down south.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                    [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'd love to know the names of the trails you'll do. We are always looking for trails when we are down south.
                    Here are the one’s I plan to do: Gateway, lost Dog, Sunrise, & Tom’s Thumb. I may hike Pinnacle Peak (touristy) only because my favorite post hike food place is nearby. That should be enough to exhaust me for a week!
                    Last edited by techie; September 8, 2021, 12:44 PM. Reason: Added
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. I have been working late tonight and realized I had not yet checked in. It was a day of sobriety for me, albeit a very busy one. I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning friends! Hope that everyone here has a wonderful AF Thursday!

I'm in for another 24...

Comment

5:41am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Enjoy your trips [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!

Back pain is one of the worst [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], hopefully you can find something that works to help with the pain...
                            Last edited by abcowboy; September 9, 2021, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Good morning. Hope everyone has a great day. 103 here yesterday. Definitely could fry an egg on the driveway. 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

103 Rava? Sounds like us here,had to go pick one of my daughters up yesterday in the afternoon cuz she had a flat tire and omg I'm so done with summer this year! The heat has just been cloying and it's irritating me,I'm officially done with summer.Ginger sorry about your pain,I get spasms here and there that are debilitating and the pain gets so bad it makes me throw up,luckily for me it's rare I can't imagine dealing with that every day yes I'm still doing hair and our owner is gonna sell the shop,he took too much of a beating with the covid lockdown and can't recover business, waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X