No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:19am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was going to mention that [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] are doing a great job not drinking, then realized that all of us are doing great jobs at it, so keep on doing what you're doing everyone and enjoy being sober because we all know what the alternative is like!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Going back to the park we were at over the weekend, this time with my Nikon camera and assorted lenses. It’s to be very mild today before a front moves in tomorrow. Hopefully the deer, owls and other wildlife are easily spotted.

No phone calls yesterday from the medical community on the appointments we’re waiting for. Frustrating. Maybe today.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing us all another wonderful AF day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Everyone sounds good and solid in our quits. Jude, you got this! Family in and of itself, can be a trigger! When do you head home?

Still having a hell of a time with this hip. I expected some progress and did see some the first week of PT. Now it's back with a vengeance. Back to PT today and Dr increased my gabapentin. I'm headed out Friday on a sister trip. Praying I can have a great time and not let this sciatic pain make that impossible.

I will take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those in pain. Sending loving light, prayers and healing energy to all those in need, like sweet Ginger. Lovely cool morning here but tainted with more bad air quality. Great progress [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. I love knowing that people can bust through any limitations. It’s what gives me faith and a continual sense of purpose. Life is not easy, it is often challenging, but it is fundamentally always good. So, it is with a deep sense of gratitude that I accept another XXIV. I with all of you, my dear friends, the best day possible. If it didn’t start that way, change it to your liking. YOU have that power. Blessings x
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

What could be better than a beautiful Fall day! A beautiful Fall day with a fresh-baked apple pie from fresh-picked Fall apples!

Good day to be sober for sure!

Wishing you all your best day possible. 24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Today is the last day of single digits, tomorrow will be double digits. It's interesting to me that my mind will look for any little thing to "chalk up". I will celebrate my double digits tomorrow, and I will celebrate the two week mark when that occurs. But, I guess that's one of the ways my mind keeps the wheels turning. At this point I will take whatever positivity I can get, and celebrate any number combination I can create.

In any case, today was another consecutive day of sobriety and I thought of you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I know exactly how you feel. So I ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Having coffee on the patio listening to the waves hitting the shoreline. It's beautiful here in S. Carolina, but I do miss home. No booze so far, but it is a struggle. The temptation to just say F it is strong, but I keep playing things forward to after I get home. I don't want to fall back into those dark times, and that's what keeps me from taking that first drink.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude I hear you. I have been back and forth in those dark times and each time I climb out I swear it’s never happening again. It so much easier to NOT drink then spend half of your time waiting to drink. It’s hard to explain but people here totally understand. Taking a day off from packing , etc to head to the beach to read and relax. Still in the 90s here but the rainy season is almost over so that is something to be thankful for. Ginger, I hope your pain gets better. Wishing everyone a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, stay strong! As we all know, the feckits don’t go well.

It was a beautiful day yesterday at the park. Took lots of pictures, none spectacular, but did see muskrats, fly fishermen in a drift boat on the Bow River, and a bald eagle. I was adopted by an 18 month old border collie, Shadow, who was walking with her owner. Dogs know dog people!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; October 6, 2021, 07:19 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing us all another happy AF day!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

We all can relate to your vacation struggle Jude. It's so hard to be out of your regular routine for one thing and then on top of that to be around drinking! Power through and focus on all the things that you are able to notice and appreciate because you are clear-headed and present. :heartbeat:

BigAl, double digits is a definite cause for celebration!

There is a podcaster I like to listen to and I was quite surprised the other day when he announced on Twitter that he was 16 years sober. I had no idea that he was one of "us"! Most of the comments to his tweet were positive, which if you know anything about Twitter, is refreshing. But what struck me were the comments from people who said things like 'why not just stop at two?' or 'why don't you just drink moderately?' There are so many out there that have no clue what it is like for folks like us! I'm so glad you are all here and we can support each other.

Ginger, I hope you start getting some relief to that hip pain! It's going on too long! Enjoy your time with your sisters as best you can. Maybe the laughter will bring some relief.

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thank you all for the positive vibes. PT went well. Turns out I was doing one of the exercises incorrectly and it was increasing my pain. Also, I was icing the wrong location. Glad we got that cleared up! Hoping the adjustments begin to improve things soon.

BigAl, have a great double digit AF day. Jude, you got this! Hi to everyone.

I'll take another 24!

Comment

Working...
                                X