~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and all hitting double digits. Sending you loving protective light, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I had a bad fall yesterday afternoon. Because of the drought we have been inundated with Yellowjackets. They come for the water in our backyard fountain. The fountain was off while we were in Phoenix. I was cleaning and was swarmed. Bees all over. Crawling in my ear, nose, everywhere. I didn’t panic but as I tried to move quickly away, I tripped on a paver stone. I injured my left shoulder and several ribs. I was stung a dozen times. Awful. Today, I’m going to rest, read, and devise another plan of attack for the fountain. We have landscapers but they don’t come until next week. Ugh!

In other news I purchased a new Target pellet grill. I had the Green Egg but it’s ten years old and gave it to The Hospice Donation store. Hopefully someone in need will get another ten years our of it. Surprised they took it!? Oh, we also had a bear in our backyard while we were away. I was checking out security cameras and the bear was roaming the yard around 3am. Luckily, no damage.

It is with the deepest level of gratitude that I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Remember, it’s not what you say to everybody else that determines your life - it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the greatest power. Blessings x
    Last edited by techie; October 6, 2021, 09:16 AM. Reason: Added bear info
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Geez techie...I hope that you're feeling better today! We're going to have to wrap you in bubble wrap! Things sound bad enough, but it could have been so much worse. Glad that you are "sort of" O.K.!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:37am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much new in my neck of the woods and I guess that is something to be grateful for. It's definitely fall up here with most nights falling below the freezing mark or close to it. Heading into the city today to pick up material for jobs that I have coming up. And a few more jobs to go look at and give quotes on. Other than that, not much else happening...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, you & Techie will have to discuss pellet grill methodology. And of course share some cooking with your Cafe friends.

Techie, sorry you had the Yellowjacket encounter and fall. Hope you heal quickly.
            Many years ago I had an amazing experience spelunking in the Rocky Mountains near Jasper National Park. I was sore, tired and looking forward to soaking in our hot tub after but when I removed the lid, disturbed a wasp nest. I was stung several times but the worst part was not being able to get in the tub!

Today is our Parkinson support group meeting, via Zoom. Sadly, our numbers are smaller thanks to Covid but the coordinators always provide valuable information and encouragement.

Regardless of where you stand on Covid, I saw a sign yesterday that read “Mask it or casket” and wanted to share. Here, the small minority of anti-vaxxers seem to be dictating to the vast majority of those vaccinated what happens in responding to the pandemic and the people elected to deal with such matters are failing miserably in their duties.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good grief, Techie! Hope you heal up quickly.

Packing today for my sister get away. Looking forward to sister time! 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and self improvement junkies. Feeling better this morning. The Benadryl helped. Appointment with my acupuncture clinic this morning. I think I’m getting soft from all those Sunday morning Cowboy breakfasts, haha. I tried to run this morning but quickly realized it was not a good idea. The ribs were just too sore. For those hurting and burdened with pain, I’m sending healing energy through the ether. Sending out an APB for &BigAl. I hope things improve more and more for you Ginger. Also, I hope your turn out is better for The Parkinson’s group, QW.

It is with honor, self reflection, and loving gratitude that I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I forgot that I have an important question. I (includes Mrs Techie) have been considering going to Costa Rica for a week of Shaman Therapy with plant medicine. This was a consideration just prior to my cancer surgery 12/20. Since the procedure was successful, I dropped the idea, but it’s now back on the table. Plant medicine being Ayahuasca. I would rally appreciate your thoughts and any prior experience if you care to share. I also welcome PM’s!
                  Last edited by techie; October 7, 2021, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Good afternoon. Techie, I’m so sorry about your fall and the bees! I would have been so scared! Glad you didn’t have a reaction to the bee stings! Benadryl is a life saver. Hope everyone has a great day. I have been packing all morning and just sat down to catch up. We settle on both places next week. I hope this is the last move for a long time. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Ginger, safe travels for your sister weekend.

Comment

Sending healing thoughts your way, Techie. That sounded just awful! Sorry, but I have nothing to contribute on the plant therapy question.

Wow Cowboy! Temps hovering around freezing at night?! Brrr.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I agree, we may need to wrap [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] in bubble wrap! I hope you are recovering techie. No threat of bears in my neck of the woods.

Well, I made my double digits and then failed. My son is now of driving age and I have been doing some maintenance to the vehicle we bought him. In the midst of maintenance, I was looking for a spark plug socket in my bag of tools and discovered a relic of my past (namely a half pint of booze) which I had hidden (because that's what I did, hiding things). So that immediate and in my face situation pulled me off of the wagon and I am now erasing my numbers off of the chalkboard in the kitchen. I feel like I failed myself, and I am ashamed that after such a great run I succumbed to what amounted to basically a single drink. At least I did not let it grow into a trip to the liquor store. It's funny how quickly my AV will dictate my actions. If I have time to plan ahead and steel myself I do fairly well, but those unplanned episodes are difficult. So, I am trying to just get myself past the shame, past the self-loathing, past the disappointment and back into the life that i want.

It is with this sentiment that I am looking for 24 hours alcohol free.

Also, big weekend. My SIL is getting married and they asked me to officiate. Talk about anxiety.......

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, very good that you were able to stop at one and realize that is not the path you want to take. That is huge progress for you in this journey. I hate how the AV can so quickly take over our thoughts and actions. You are not alone……. Dust yourself off and start again. Don’t waste time self loathing, etc. That only gives you another excuse to drink. Mr R and I have packed and ready to move next weekend. My nerves are much better now that we have a buyer and a place to go to. We settle on both places next week. Our biggest problem is furniture. Most is backordered for up to 6 months……. We will have a bed on a frame for now as we sold our little condo furnished. (Cost just as much to move it as to buy more). Hopefully this will be our final move. Just hoping we have nice neighbors. Wishing everyone a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:42am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I have no doubt that at some point that chalkboard will have seen the last of the eraser [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! And now I'm confused or just getting old lol. Your SIL is getting married? Isn't she already married if she's your SIL? And are you a Minister or JP? The things we learn about each other as time moves along lol.

Comment

BigAl, I agree with Rava, stopping at one is huge progress for you! Dust yourself off and get back at it!

Rava, Sorry to hear about the delay in getting your furniture. What a mess this world is in! What about a TV? Will you at least have that?

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X