• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Have a great AF day all!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good to see you back BigAl, and glad that the wedding ceremony went well!

It's a gorgeous day here with mild temps and lots of sunshine! I'll take it while I can as we all know what's coming soon!

24 more please...

Comment

Quick check in here. I hope everyone has a good 24.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Welcome back, BigAl. Glad you're back on the horse! In the beginning of ours quit getting back on the horse is a win! Pauly kept a calendar of her AL days then reported each month how she did. Instead of looking at them as failed days, she could look at them as progress as she watched them get fewer and fewer. I thought it was a very positive way to handle slips.

Headed home today. It was a lovely trip with my baby sister. Except for pain, it was perfect!

Dr said she can't refer me until she sees me. Soonest I can see her is the 20th. I'm afraid I'll be heading south with no resolution. I'll establish care when I get down there. I haven't had to do that yet but I guess it's time!

Hi to all my Cafe pals! 24 more all around.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and family gathering lovers. Another cool crisp morning here. Leaves changing, deer running, wild turkeys turkeying, and geese flying overhead. Love this time of year. So happy our virtual family is all here and supporting each other. The power of the collective WE is amazing. So with that, and appreciation and gratitude, I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Go out and make your life better today. It can be a gesture of love, a short meditation, a walk, or coffee with a loved one or friend. Peace and blessings x
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sitting on the back porch with a cup of coffee enjoying the sounds of nature. I will really miss this when winter arrives, so I need to get in as much porch time as possible!

Hunting season had started here, and Mr. J will be spending a lot of time in the woods, which is one of his favorite places, with or without a gun. It also gives me some much needed quiet time to catch up on my reading.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Fall is my favorite season for sure and certain.

Mr. D and I have hired a guy to clear a piece of ground for us on the front corner of our property. It's a tangle of thorny trees and bushes but there are also some nice trees amongst them which he will leave in place. He started yesterday and we were so amazed at what he got done in just 4 hours using his track hoe. We don't know yet if we will use the cleared area to build on in the future or just keep it cleared and enjoy is.

Grateful for another 24.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Our hunting season opens November 1 [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and only lasts for the month. I'm pretty sure the wildlife will be safe from Adam and I as we both have lots of meat in the freezer from last year. But we'll still spend a few weekends out in the country looking for that ever elusive gigantic buck lol. I did put up my 7 trail cams this year, maybe I'll get a few pics that will be worth sharing with my friends here!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We cross posted [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. It's amazing how doing just a bit of clearing can change the whole appearance of the land. Enjoy your new view!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sounds like we are all doing great lately. We settle tomorrow and move into our unfurnished condo. Furniture is being delayed up to 6 months or more due to Covid. I may get some stuff from the local thrift store to hold us off. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and porch sitting coffee drinkers. Golf tournament this morning. Registration is at 7:15 YIKES and tee off at 8am. Cold & breezy so I’m getting layered up and putting my game face on. So, on this wonderful morning I commit to another glorious twenty four. I wish you all a well below par day. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, wish we were close enough to give you some furniture we don’t have room for. Wish we had sold our house furnished. Hope all goes well with closing.

Techie, hope you enjoy the golf tournament!
                            Back in my youth, we lived a block from a golf course. As a student, I was able to buy a monthly pass for $20 and I usually got at least 10 times that value because I’d get up at 5, play 18 holes, go to my summer job and play another 18 after work. Good times!

I have a meet n greet with a family doctor tomorrow. After a few months of looking, I’m glad she’s agreed to take me on as a patient.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Looks like I'm the early bird this morning lol, but got the coffee on so it's ready for y'all when you get here!

Comment

Working...
                                X