~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Howdy Cafe friends. Ginger, when is your great grand son due? Exciting time for sure. QW I’m sure we will find other things wrong as this couple seems a little shady as far as communication with their realtor. Glad we had it inspected for major issues! At least the bones of the place are good. Beautiful tile floors throughout and no carpet in sight. Techie hope you and your wife are continuing to heal from the accident. Sending a big shout out to Big Al!!! Wishing everyone a great Wednesday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Late check in for me. Starting to have some difficulties (prolly accident related). and seeing doctor Friday. Mrs Techie has very bad bruising and swelling on both her feet when she hit under the glove box area. The glove box is bent and we cannot access. BMW gave us the ok to break into it as they realize the SUV will be totaled. I do appreciate your kind words of support. There is always some emotional fallout after these kinds of accidents. Last night, was the first time I was tempted to order a stiff drink in a dozen years. I did not! I’m worried about Mrs. Techie as she is a lot more banged up than first thought. I love her so much.

It is with the deepest sense of gratitude that I accept another twenty four. Lots of appreciation for the fact that I’m so much stronger than pills and alcohol. I wish you all the best day possible. I may be checking in later than usual as we have so much going on. Lots of love to you all and our brother, BigAl who’s at quit camp!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So glad that you said no to that "stiff drink" [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. It never ceases to amaze me how stressful situations can endanger our sobriety. Sorry that Mrs. T is having a rough recovery. Sending healing thoughts for both of you!
          [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], Mrs. QW is indeed fortunate to have you. I think that you're an amazing caregiver, and I'm sure that she really appreciates you!

Dill, the foliage here is nearing peak colors, but I think that it'll be another week or two before we see the trees at peak. This is one of my favorite times of the year!

Rava, I hope that you don't find anymore hidden surprises with the new condo!

Hi to BigAl if you can read this, and good luck on your journey!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, I hope the healing continues well for you both. From experience I know that soft tissue damage from a car accident can take a while to heal. Good for not caving and having that stiff drink.

I got the urge to bake chocolate chip/tollhouse cookies yesterday so the condo smelled nice the rest of the day. We’ll deliver some to the family later on today.

Big Al, your Cafe friends are thinking about you and hoping your treatment is going well.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Thursday all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dang it. Techie. Hope you both feel better soon. So glad the accident was no worse than it was!

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], thinking of you. Looking forward to when you are back and can share all your new wisdom with us.

Rava, hoping you've found the last of the issues!

Baby is due the 23rd ish but there are pre-labor things happening now so who knows! As soon as we meet baby we will head south. They live four yours away and we are planning to drive over and back in a day. It will be a good test run for sitting long periods before we head south!

I'm so thankful for all of you and don't know where I'd be without the Cafe! Shudder to think. 24 more please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and expectant grandparents, us included. Cool morning here in Santa Barbara as we pack up and head home. I’ve become a slightly nervous driver but I will allow myself to accept that and not overthink it. Can’t wait to hug our doggie. So, on this busy day I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in here. I couldn't seem to find a way to sleep last night and today was my early day at the hospital registration. Other obligations in the afternoon. Anyway glad to be here and asking for the rest of the 24!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie, safe travels home today!! I’m sure you will be hyper aware all the way home. Thinking of you Big Al and wishing you success!!! Ginger safe travels to you as well as you make for 8 hour journey in 1 day in the next few days. We have a few more days up north before we head back to Florida. I have literally only slept in the new place 2 days. Still have so much to do but that will be our winter project. I’m actually looking forward to making it our own place. Hopefully Mr R can fix the refrigerator as he found a tutorial on You tube and ordered the 15.00 part. Thats a lot cheaper than a new refrigerator. Fingers crossed!!! Heading to a campground for the weekend. Love the camping part but hate the bonfire smell. I’m surprised that I have been so busy this week that I have not even thought of drinking. That in itself is a bit of a miracle. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:12am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Safe travels to all my friends today! And enjoy the camping [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I like the bonfire smell unless it gets too overpowering, but I do enjoy being by the fire roasting a hotdog or smokie!

My truck goes in for an oil change this morning, then I have an eye examination to get new glasses. I thought I might wait till January when I turn 65 then the government pays for the eye exam and a portion of the cost of new glasses but I have to get a physical this year for my driver's license and I'm not sure I'd pass the eyesight test with my old glasses lol. After that I'll head to Lloydminster to pick up a part that I need to fix a customer's air to air exchanger, then head out to his place to repair it. Lots of traveling for me today as well!

Comment

Good morning friends!

Lots of rain this morning. It's a little depressing, but I know from past experience that drinking would only make it worse. So I'm humbly asking for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Happy AF Friday everyone!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Yesterday Mrs QW and I watched a video sponsored by a national Parkinson’s association on dealing with sleep issues. Guess who had a sleepless night? According to my fitness tracker, I slept 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Cowboy, even though you have to pay for the eye exam today, come January you’ll be getting so many free/reduced cost benefits, you’ll be amazed. Getting ID’d over 65 means you’re likely getting a discount!!

We have a couple of wet days ahead but nothing like what you’re getting Jude.

Big Al, thinking about you buddy. Hope you’re getting better every day.

Have a great Friday everyone!

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; October 22, 2021, 08:06 AM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X