~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

One glass of wine with dinner, Jude? I simply wonder at how that can even be done! It wouldn't be possible for me I'm afraid. It would be a gateway to smuggling wine in on the way home and then proceeding to get wasted in the comfort of home! So, hat off to you and I know you will be careful not to let it drag you back in to the madness.

Our day was pleasantly low key and comfortable. No alcohol of any sort as Mr. D is not inclined and both my son and I work consciously to maintain a choice of staying well and present. So, lots of food prep and cooking, an enjoyable and appreciated meal, football game on tv, and a rousing game of UNO. It was a really good day for which I am deeply grateful.

Gratitude abounds and with that I hope for another 24 for each and everyone. :heartbeat:
    Last edited by dill; November 26, 2021, 06:38 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The cataract surgery seems to have went well and Bubba's Mom was feeling good last night when Bubba called her. Hopefully the next one will go as smoothly, it's next Tuesday and at 9:20am so we won't have to get up so darn early lol.

Sounds like everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving, and as [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] said, every day is a good day to give thanks, and a darn good day not to drink!

I've never heard that song [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], thanks for posting it!
        Last edited by abcowboy; November 26, 2021, 07:43 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our mild weather continues. Last evening I took advantage of +14 C, 57F, temps and barbecued steaks. Gotta take advantage of this weather while we can.

Today our granddaughter turns 7. Looking forward to her party this evening.

Big Al, I don’t miss the politics of working for a large company. I was always the square peg being forced into a round hole and it frustrated me for much of my career in banking. After I was unceremoniously downsized, I began teaching business courses for a local small business support operation and found what I should have been doing all my life! I used to incorporate humour into my presentations, especially Dilbert. I wrote Scott Adams and thanked him for writing the comic. I think he and I worked for some of the same companies. Anyway, he replied to my letter the next day and congratulated me on my escape.
          I’m a firm believer that when one door closes, another opens. Don’t let anything change what you’ve accomplished! Hopefully, politics and perceptions aside, your employer will embrace the new Big Al and let you show what you can do.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

BigAl, thanks for sharing your story. I understand better what you are going through now. My son was in a very similar situation and is now migrating out of his VP position as he starts his dream business. He's doing well and is so much happier. Stay the course! I'm so proud of you and your progress.

We had a yummy t-day dinner with friends. No AL in sight! Leftovers tonight. Sans turkey for me tho. All turkeys are pardoned in my world. Lol

24 more!!

Comment

Sounds like we had a good holiday I tend to do Thanksgiving buffet style and just have everyone graze,my oldest was mad cuz the other kids had already left when she got here but I had a nice visit with her one on one so that was good,waves to the gang and wishes for a fabulous AF Friday for us all
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the turkey weary. Lots of food, love, and laughter. I wanted to run this morning so much but realize I need some more time. Happy to hear the cataract surgery went well, Cowboy. So, with not a whole lot to share, I gratefully accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! My lovely wife fell asleep on my shoulder so I am avoiding going in to sit at the computer to type my post. So, I’ll keep it short since I’m on my phone. Six weeks today. Seven weeks ago I was not in a place where I could enjoy an evening such as this. Words cannot describe how grateful I am to be sober. I am looking forward to 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Very cold and snowy here this morning, but I've got the fire going and it's toasty inside.

Glad that your mil's cataract surgery went well cowboy. I had mine done several years ago, and the difference in my vision was amazing!
                    [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I think that it's wise to hold off on the running for now. Your body needs time to heal, even though you're itching for some physical activity. Be patient!

With gratitude I look forward to another 24 hours!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; November 27, 2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I love how you put that [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]wogg, "let everyone graze" lol.

Those peaceful evenings are what sobriety is all about [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and there's many, many more in your future!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sounds like Thanksgiving was a success for those that celebrate. We actually had dinner outside on a picnic table under Christmas lights. It was kind of magical. Nice new friends and new beginnings. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”
                            ~ELEANOR ROOSEVELT

I've enjoyed reading how some of us spent Thanksgiving Day. Pauly, I did buffet style, so we sort of grazed over here, too. But being as there were only 5 of us we did manage to all sit together and say a Thanksgiving prayer at the table.

Cowboy, I'm glad the cataract surgery went well. Does you mil say if it has helped her see better?

Jude, you had cataract surgery a few years ago? I have cataracts forming but they aren't 'bad' enough yet to qualify for surgery, according to my insurance. I feel they are getting worse though so it is definitely in my future!

BigAl and QW, Mr. D worked in the kind of environments that you have described. He did not function well in that type of environment. He was an engineer and loved his actual work, but not the workplace. He enjoyed field work where he was out away from the office.

Rava, your Thanksgiving at a picnic table sounds really nice! Was it a group meal or just you and Mr. R.

Ginger, that's wonderful that your son is creating his dream business! Good for him!

Techie, thanks for the stream of great quote posters. Very much appreciated.

Let's all have an AF24!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Everyone sounds good here in the Cafe. Makes me happy!

Our pup seems to be declining rapidly. We've decided only palliative care from here on out. She's had a hell of a run and more adventures than 100 dogs combined so we will make her comfortable and love her to death. Literally.

Wishing us all a wonderful AF day. :~)

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ever nice to read how well everyone is doing! Rava, I’ve enjoyed picnic table meals under Xmas lights on a few visits to Florida and never does a meal taste better than when you know folks at home are enduring a blizzard!

As a bank manager, my philosophy was that if you looked after the people on both sides of the counter, to a large extent, the dollars would look after themselves. In my last position, I was hired to clean up the lending portfolio and guide the staff through 6 months of building renovations and the introduction of computer technology. The VP who hired me was one of the best bosses I ever had. Sadly he was fired for speaking his mind. Replacing him was a bean counter who had really bad people skills. We clashed several times and when I’d had enough, I walked away.
                                At a managers meeting, the bean counter said the customer is always right. I said no, the customer is always the customer. I trained and empowered the staff to be the best they could and the results in business growth were amazing.
                                It doesn’t matter what service you offer, what product you produce, you’re in a people business. Look after the most important people - your staff- and they’ll look after the customers.

My granddaughters birthday party was great! It’s been far too long since we’ve all been together. For the grandkids special occasions, I give them a small gift, often a gift certificate to a small, independent book store, but the main part of their present is always a contribution to their education fund.

Big Al, you’re doing great! And just think how you’ve improved your life, your family life and work life. Well done my friend!!

Off for a walk. Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X