~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's with a grateful heart I ask for another 24 hours of freedom! Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and camper lovers. Cold morning with a mix of snow and rain. I ran about three hundred yards and came back home. Soaked. I’m planning a Grand Canyon rim to rim trek in April. Excited to be making preparations. Three of my friends are already in. This will be a week long affair with a day to acclimate, two 10+ mile hikes above rim, and a recovery day. Hope is a large cabin will be available on The North Rim. We always go from N to S and back to North Rim. You need speed and skill to get it done. Normally, in average it’s a 12-15 hour trek. I have done it in 10 hours. I’m checking with Park Service to see if we can hike up the North Rim in the dark. It takes a lot of planning. Major factors are weather, amount of unskilled hikers, mule rides (timing issue) and COVID restrictions. However, I am EXCITED!

It is with lots of appreciation and gratitude that I accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Getting ready for last rim to rim hike April 2018

Last edited by techie; December 9, 2021, 12:20 PM. Reason: Typo
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

That was fun looking at those lay outs, Ginger. Thanks for sharing. I like looking at things like that.

The Christmas shopping was a great success and I felt like I got a lot done. Now for the wrapping!

The volunteer job was really busy today. I guess it made the time go quickly, but it was really busy!

QW, I started hiring a cleaner to come in every 2 weeks when I was working full time. Now that I'm retired I have someone come in once a month. I really rely on her and she is so sweet. I feel like a queen on that day!

24 hours of freedom for all of us, please.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Wow techie! A rim to rim hike? Hell, I'm exhausted just thinking about it! You must really be in fantastic shape!

My arm is pretty sore where I had the covid booster, but other than that, I feel pretty good. In the past, I would have used booze to anesthetize the pain, but I'm thinking that Advil will work just as well, without the hangover!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Me again! I was last to post yesterday and one of the first to post today!

Jude, I got my booster last week and had no problems with it other than the mildly sore arm at the injection site. I'm glad you are doing well with it too.:heartbeat:

Driving my friend to her appointment an hour away. She needs an MRI which she could get locally, but since she is going to a research facility for her treatment she feels more comfortable having most procedures and tests done in their facility as well. I am willing to go the extra miles for her if it will bring her some small comfort.

24 more hours of freedom for us all, please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. A very foggy morning in sunny Florida. The fog over the gulf didnt clear until after 12 noon yesterday. Anxiously awaiting my bedroom furniture today. Once it comes, I may just stay in bed all day! LOL. Hope everyone has a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Has anyone heard from Big Al? Haven’t seen him for a few days. Hope he’s just busy with life.

The social club at our condo building has become very active as Covid restrictions have eased. With Xmas getting close, they’ve arranged a turkey dinner, an evening of singing, bake sale and raffle. We have a mask wearing requirement in the building which is ignored by many residents so we’ve decided to skip the festivities. With Mrs QW’s compromised immune system, we can’t risk having her get sick.

Off for a walk in chilly temps.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing us all a happy AF Friday, QW probably smart to skip cuz even vaccinated people seem to still be getting the new variant they say,I have no clue and just wish it would end! Have a great day all!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I had a friend that hiked the rim to rim this past spring. They were not fully prepared and one of the hikers had to be rescued. People just don't realize the hazards of a rim to rim hike. Excluding you Techie! You will be more than prepared!!

Rava, glad your furniture is trickling in finally.

It rained off and on all night. The creosote smell is in the air. I love the desert after a rain. The plants and trees are so thankful they really pop with color.

Signed and paid for the 5th wheel yesterday. Looking forward to getting it in a week or so. The extra space will be wonderful! Here's a pic of the inside.

Here's a pic of the real Ginger enjoying the morning fire.

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], hope all is well in your world.

I'll gratefully take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and fifth, sixth, and seventh wheel owners. Gorgeous RV. BTW, I have completed the rim to rim hike eight times. Four with Mrs. Techie. Below freezing this morning. The wind chill was ridiculous. Lots going on here today. Chiropractor the massage. I see my sports physiology guy late afternoon so we’ll have dinner out since he’s 1 1/2 hours from home. I will try and get to REI to check our gear after we eat. Yes, I’m missing [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] too. Hope all is ok in his world. So, with deep appreciation for this group of amazing folks and love of the sober life, I fully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day and weekend possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Wow Ginger! What a beautiful RV! I could live in that year round!

I was also wondering where BigAl has been...miss his posts.

Windy, rainy and mild this morning, with an expected high of 60°. Crazy weather here!

Gratefully looking forward to another day of sobriety.

Comment

Beautiful, Ginger! Also appreciated the pic of Ginger. She looks so content!

I am also missing BigAl. Hope we hear from him soon and that all is well with him.

Here's to another 24 hours of freedom for all of us!
                            Dill

Comment

Good morning all. Ginger your RV is amazing. Looks like an apartment. You should surely have a great time staying in there. Loved the cozy pic of Ginger laying in front of the fire! I also miss Big Al. Come back to us!! We are all here for you and hope you are just super busy! Got my bedroom furniture and slept in it last night. Must say its very nice. So glad the chest is on backorder because it would not have fit in the room. So I cancelled it! Yay for me. Hope everyone has a great and productive Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:43am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X