No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 to 8 feet of snow [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!! That's crazy!! We think 5 to 8 inches is a big dump in our parts! Can't even imagine how you would deal with that amount of snowfall. Make sure you stock up on lots of necessities before the snow starts falling.

I'll take your 70's weather [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], we started a descent into another extreme cold snap (-24C/-11F) this morning, with Monday night being forecast as the coldest at -41C (-42F)! Sure hoping their forecast turns out to be wrong or I think I'm going to have a very busy holiday season!

Christmas does seem to be the biggest holiday for drinking [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], probably because of all the visiting that goes along with the holiday season. I've been at a couple of new customer's this past week or so and have been offered a glass of Christmas cheer which I gratefully declined.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and Merry Christmas Eve. Techie I cant even wrap my head around 8 feet of snow. I hope you can send some pics at some point. Would love to see it. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. We have a huge family party tonight with lots of alcohol. I have a plan and do not wish to partake in any of that part. Luckily the hubs is not a drinker so he will be a good person to hang with. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

5-8 feet of snow is crazy Techie! We had a few inches yesterday, just enough to make driving nasty. Incredibly there was a car without snow tires trying to get up a hill when I picked up my son from work. He was spinning his tires and eventually slid far enough off the road so that other vehicles could pass. I drive a Jeep with 4 wheel drive and good snow tires so while I had no problems, I had to watch for those who can’t drive in winter or the ones who drive like it’s summer.

Always good to see you Mulberry. And nice that those you’ll be with for the next two days are not drinking.

As Rava pointed out, having a plan is key to keeping the beast at bay.

I’m going to be with family all day tomorrow and may not have an opportunity to post. In case I can’t post, stay strong everyone. As far as gift giving goes, there’s no better one that we can give ourselves, family and friends than sobriety. For those that celebrate, Merry Christmas!

It can be easy, especially with everything going on in the world, to lose sight of what we have to be grateful for. Let’s not forget the things important to us.

Have a great alcohol free Friday and Christmas Day everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
          As far as gift giving goes, there’s no better one that we can give ourselves, family and friends than sobriety. For those that celebrate, Merry Christmas!

QW
          I will definitely keep that in mind QW as it is so very true. I will imagine a beautifully gift-wrapped box full of sobriety and peace of mind under our Christmas tree.

Yesterday I baked sugar cookies and ginger snaps. Today I will assemble my potato casserole and bake a pumpkin pie. It is in the upper 40's (F) here and rain is expected. Not very Christmassy, but I don't mind. I'll be thinking of Techie in his 5-8 feet of snow and will count my blessings!

I'll join you Mulburry in the 48 hour plan!
          Last edited by dill; December 24, 2021, 09:10 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Heavy rains here for the next 24 hrs. That makes the dog potty breaks a challenge but that's hub's job.

Tonight we are having a couple over for snacks and a movie. No AL served. Tomorrow we will have dinner at their place and play cards after. Should keep my mind off missing family. Once I get past the holidays I'll be fine but until then, I'm homesick.

Techie, send pics of that snow! Can't imagine.

I'll humbly take another 24!

Comment

Happy AF Friday everyone, not sure what Christmas will look like here cuz one of my daughter's tested positive for covid on 2 home tests she's scheduled to get a real test today,I'd just take my chances having her over BUT there's the little kids to think of so we can't chance it have a great day all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to the Cafe. Wishing everyone love & happiness.

I haven't been around for so very long but wanted to stop by and say hello. I hope that everyone is doing well. :hug:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Great to see you Nora! Don’t be a stranger.

If you get a chance to drop into the Cafe Sunday mornings, Cowboy serves breakfast!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and snow bound travelers. After a white knuckle drive through a white out we were able to get below the snow line and are warm and happy in The Marriott. So, with love and prayers I accept another twenty four hours of bliss on. Christmas Eve. I wish you all the best Christmas possible. Blessings to you all and to all a good night. x
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends, and Merry Christmas Eve. This evening was a full of family tradition and it was wonderful. I enjoy the quiet and stillness of Christmas Eve, after the visits, after the service, no TV on, just quiet.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow, and I humbly ask for another Christmasy 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Merry Christmas cafe, and it's good to hear from you Nora!

Pauly, I'm sorry about your daughter testing positive for covid, and I hope that her symptoms stay mild. Not sure how accurate those home tests kits are, but it's good that she's taking another one just to be sure.

Mr. J and I are going to spend Christmas at home this year surrounded by our furry friends, and both of us are fine with that.

Glad that you and your wife are safe [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! I can't even imagine 5-8 feet of snow all at one time! :eek-new:

Looking forward to a quiet and peaceful 24 hours.

Comment

5:39am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Comment

That's too bad about your daughter [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], but with all the face to face software out there, she can still spend some time with all of you today!

Great to see you [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]! Hope everything is well in your household!

And a very blessed Merry Christmas to all my friends in the Café! May your day be filled with peace, love, and all the joy that this season gives us!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; December 25, 2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Just about to join in the chaos and good times with our Calgary family. Looking forward to to watching the grandkids tear into the mountain of presents under their tree.

Merry Christmas Cafe friends!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X