~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Merry Christmas ! Enjoyed a great family party minus the alcohol. I stayed away from the alcohol table and after eating I moved away from the food table as well. Very happy to be sober and accountable this morning. Watched 2 grandsons open their gifts this morning. Warmed my heart for sure. Glad you stopped in Nora C. Don’t be a stranger. Wishing everyone a great day near and far. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Rava I'm glad to hear you stuck to your plan and woke up happy and feeling well. Waking up on Christmas morning with a hangover is not something I ever want to do again!

I am in the middle of my 48 hour holiday plan. I struggled with temptation yesterday afternoon and had opportunity to buy wine on my way home from visiting with my friend. (The one battling cancer) It was nip and tuck, to be honest. I was relieved to get home without having caved. So, I was truly able to give myself that visualized gift-wrapped box of sobriety this morning.

Good to see you Nora, and Merry Christmas!

Glad you and Mrs. T are safe, Techie!

Thank you for the beautiful card, Cowboy.

Pauly, my grandson was exposed to covid a week ago and his home test kit was inconclusive! So they went to a testing site and both he and his dad were covid free. But I think it is just a matter of time. This omicron variant is going to blow thru the population and many people will get it. Fortunately it is not as serious an illness as the original or the delta.

I wish everyone a wonderful and blessed Christmas!
      Last edited by dill; December 25, 2021, 11:47 AM.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Merry AF Christmas to us all!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and MERRY CHRISTMAS. So wonderful to see you [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. I wish you and your families the most beautiful Christmas Day possible. Enjoy & Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS! So glad to have my MWO family here. Hope you all have a lovely day. 24 more!

Comment

Merry Christmas Cafe Friends! As I read through the day's posts I second the sentiment written by [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. It is wonderful to hear that everyone is doing well and I am so very grateful to have all of you in my life. Without your support, shared temptations, failures, accomplishments, and generosity, my cup of fortitude would not have been so full over this holiday. I thank you all.

So again, Merry Christmas, and with a clear mind I humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

PS, for you readers out there, I just finished "Cloud Cuckoo Land", it was spectacular. It was one of those that I couldn't put down, but at the same time I lamented that every sentence I read was bringing me closer to the end.

Comment

Good morning cafe!

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Something light for breakfast this morning after all the food yesterday lol.

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Feels like it should be Monday for some reason, but sure glad it's Sunday! Looks like y'all had a pretty good Christmas, me included haha, now to tackle the leftovers!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Today is my chance to start over. I made it through Christmas Eve but caved yesterday. I am so pissed at myself. Caved while cleaning up and doing dishes. That was my reward to myself. Such stupidity. Plan in place for today. Not gonna dwell too long on my failure but it makes me so sad that I just can’t be normal. I have to remember that I am still in a much better place than I used to be and I do have the tools to help. Planning on 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, you're right back on the horse and that's what matters more than the slip. I wonder too, why we just can't be normal but we can't. AL is still poison even when you're "normal" but you know that.

We had a lovely Christmas meal with friends and then played cards. I made it throughout the day without too much homesickness. We couldn't have made it through the snowy passes even if we'd planned to go home. Some day we will fly home for Christmas but not until Ginger is no longer with us.

Headed toward a new year of freedom! 24 more.

Comment

Another hours please & thank you.

Rava, you’re back on track and that’s what’s important. And, dwelling on a slip won’t help. Move on. The temptations always seem to be there for us, the beast is a clever b*stard.

I hope everyone enjoyed yesterday’s festivities. Being together with our Calgary family was the best for me. It’s been far too long a wait to spend quality time, especially with the grandkids. My grandson even took time to teach me how to play Mario Golf. And, my video golf sucks as much as my real game!

Another great brekkie Cowboy! I’m still full from our prime rib supper last night prepared by our son the chef and our wonderful daughter in law.

Have a great af Sunday everyone. And thanks to everyone in the Cafe for their friendship and support. Can’t think of a better group of folks to be on this journey with!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'm so glad you got to spend Christmas with your Calgary family, QW. Being with family is a big part of what makes Christmas special!

Rava, brush off and move on. It's not actually going back to start...it's more like losing a turn.

Our Christmas was special because of being with family. We really enjoyed the day. I usually stress over things being "just right", but not yesterday. I just went with the flow and enjoyed.

Thanks for the book recommendation, BigAl. I have put a hold on the audio version at my local library. It's gonna be a while, but I'll get it eventually!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the weary from festivities. Put the slip behind you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. It happens and we move on. We are over on The Peninsula far away from the snow. Of course getting back home is another story. Wonderful time with family. Another round of gifts & food today. Tomorrow is massage and maybe a high coloni, lol. So, I commit on this 26th day of December to another 24. I wish you the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X