~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another late check in for me. So, I gratefully accept how many hours are left till morning. I wish you all a goodnight. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Mr. J left last night for N.C. to help his son with several projects around his house. Miss him already.

Looking forward to another 24 hours.

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

How long will Mr J be gone for [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? Are they doing major things to the house?

More snow shoveling for me today, I can hardly wait for spring and seeding season!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Gym classes are still going well. Makes me happy to have some structure and a reason not to drink. Meeting some friends today for lunch. I have no problem not wanting to drink during the day. I still fight it each night starting at 4 pm. Ugh. New mindset is needed for sure. White knuckling each night is exhausting. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Wishing everyone a great day.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, I struggled with 4PM being wine time and around 3:30 every day I would start to get anxious. It took a few weeks to get over it but I found a cup of instant coffee or a cup of herbal tea coupled with a different activity helped a lot. I was used to pouring a large glass of my favourite merlot and turning on the TV precisely at 4PM. To change my mindset, sometimes I would read, maybe take the dog for a walk. You’ll find what works for you.

I received an email from the resort in Mexico we’ve gone to 4 times. After suggesting we were going to go somewhere else this trip, they have apparently come up with a customized package for us. Details are to be provided in a phone call this afternoon.
              I pointed out that while they advertise being a 5 star resort, our last stay with them was far from a 5 star experience. I should be billing them for my time suggesting how to improve!

We’re getting some of Cowboy’s snow this morning so an indoor walk is planned. There was a lot of ice on the sidewalks yesterday and if they’re snow covered this morning, I don’t want to risk another fall.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; March 3, 2022, 08:36 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Thursday everyone!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll happily take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Great run this morning. Lots of work ahead. So, with a busy schedule and a loving heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

It's nice to read about you making plans to travel, QW. There were times over the last couple of years when I wondered if we would ever be doing things like that ever again!

Mr. D and I are doing the gym 3 times a week, Rava. It is nice to have that structure. Is Mr. R going to the gym with you?

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. Busy day, but looking forward to 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Cowboy, Mr. J will probably be gone for a couple of weeks. They are pretty much going to rebuild the deck, and work on some electrical issues as well. My step-son isn't as handy as his Dad, so I know that he will take all of the help that he can get. All I know is that the SUV was packed to the gills with power tools.

Rava, I hear you about the urges to drink that show up around 4:00 o'clock every day. It definitely can be exhausting to fight the beast, but it's so worth it in the end!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the 4 pm encouragement and ways to fill my time. Heading to exercise class at 9 am. Mr r is in very good shape and sometimes goes to the gym but enjoys swimming laps each morning. He has always been a good influence on me as he is in good shape and barely ever drinks. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. At 4 pm today I’m going to have some tea and find something productive to do. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] @dil [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I don't suspect you have any plans for traveling this year [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? I presume you are trying to get things set up for next winter?

Are you enjoying your gym time [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] or just forcing yourself to go? Years and years ago I used to get up early and go to the local indoor pool and swim laps before work but then it got that I was forcing myself to do it and it took all the enjoyment out of it.

Two weeks is quite a stretch [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], make sure you stay on top of your game plan eh!

Lots more snow fell yesterday and last night, might be snowblower time instead if the shovel. But the trek from the couch to the fridge and shoveling snow seems to be my exercise plan this winter lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X