Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I didn’t get a call from the resort yesterday as they promised. I sent an email last evening and said if they really didn’t want our business to just say so. There are lots of resort options on Riviera Maya. Shortly after I got a reply saying schedules changed, staff shortages,blah, blah, blah. Only because we know and like the resort am I giving them one final chance to retain us as clients. Cowboy, we’re looking at 10 days in November. Hopefully climate change hasn’t altered the end of hurricane season in late October!

One of the side effects of Parkinson’s is hallucinations. At 12:45 this morning Mrs QW woke me up to say someone had knocked on the door and tried to get in. I didn’t hear anything but then I don’t wear my hearing aids at night. We have a very solid door, good locks, a security system plus we live in a secure building. If it was anything, it was likely our 92 year old neighbour who has dementia. Regardless of whether or not it was real, the result was a restless night.

Techie, thanks for posting part of Desiderata, one of my favourite writings. I have a copy that I like to read often.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Friday! I'll take 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Trekked to the office this morning for a meeting that starts here in 20 minutes or so. At least it's Friday and I'm sober.

Another 24 for me please, and I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and travelers. Very difficult run this morning due to rain and a sore hamstring. However, my attitude is on fire and sim grateful for living in such a gorgeous magical part of California. I accept another twenty four hours of quality living. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Beautiful sunny day here. Good day to be sober. 24 clear-headed hours please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

12°F here this morning, but at least it's not snowing. Tomorrow temps are supposed to be in the 60's. Welcome to March!

Asking for another 24hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I hear you on the temps [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! It was a nice mild day yesterday to get the snow shoveled but this morning it dipped in the very cold range. It's a good day to do some railroading!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. We will be shoveling heat and sunshine today. Highs in the 90s are projected. Heading out to lunch with some lady friends. Cowboy, I’m taking Zumba classes and meeting some new friends so for now I’m having fun. Yesterday at 4 pm I went on a bike ride through the neighborhood. No drinking for me. Wishing everyone a great and sober Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad you’re back on track with your hobby Cowboy! My bother still has the train set he got from our parents when he was 3, that’s 71 years ago! And it still works. I’m pretty sure the train set was really for our Dad though!

A busy day is planned. Bisquick is ready to make bread, a local Rotary Club is gathering art work to auction (we have several prints we have no room for in the condo) so I’ll deliver our donation to them, and our motor league offers a shredding service so a large box of no longer needed documents will be disposed of.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Af Saturday all!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy AF Saturday, Cafe buddies. Hope we all have an easy day. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hobby lovers. Wife up to a snow covered scene. I really enjoyed running in the light snow. Lots of work to catch up on today. So, with deep gratitude, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day/weekend possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

A perfect spring day here and another 24 hours just made for sobriety! Hope everyone enjoys their day!
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. I realized I had not posted this morning. 24 more for me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X