Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our weather forecast calls for dropping temps, high winds and snow. We cancelled a few appointments in our old town for today because we don’t want to be out in nasty road conditions. Instead we’ll spend at least part of the day dealing with the mess that is our storage locker. At least we’ll be indoors in a heated garage.

I wrote to our former travel agent to see if she’s back to work after being laid off 2 years ago due to covid. She isn’t but she’s now working for our favourite airline. She’s applying to move into their vacation services department which would be a good fit for her and her employer. Sadly it won’t likely be in time to help with this trip. I’m too old fashioned to plan a trip like this online as I value the expertise of those who do this for a living, and, if we’re out of the country and need help with something, I want to be able to call and speak with someone I know.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, my kids feel the same way with their out of country travel. They want a human to call if something goes wrong!

Busy last few weeks around here! I'm in for 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I ventured into the office again this morning. I'm finding that I am better off with a day or two in the vicinity of other human beings as opposed to sitting in my home office alone, all day, every day.

I hope everyone has a great start to a new week.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe. Late check in as we had weekend guests and they just left. Good time catching up. Hope everyone is having a good monday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Better late than never. 24 more. Goodnight dear friends. Blessings x
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Cold, windy, and snowing this morning, but it can't last forever. One of my friends saw a red-winged blackbird the other day, and that's usually a sign that Spring is near.

I'm in for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I stayed home yesterday because of the high winds, blowing snow, and road conditions. I'm going to venture out today and see if I can get to the farm to make a material list of the things I don't have for the next job I have to do. If the roads are still bad or the country roads have too big of drifts to get through, I'll just come back home.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

March is such a windy month! We had high winds here too, Cowboy!

Jude, I noticed a lot of redwing blackbirds around the pond this past weekend. They were all males and I believe they were the scouts. The rest of the flock will be arriving soon I guess.

Medical test today for Mr. D. I'm the designated driver.

24 more, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Safe driving Cowboy. We cancelled two appointments for yesterday because of the weather forecast and predictions of poor driving conditions. And it didn’t happen. I know our proximity to the mountains makes weather forecasting difficult but sometimes I think they couldn’t predict sunrise.

Nice that you have the option of working from home Big Al. If there is a benefit from the pandemic, it’s that many employees have proven they can work well from home. I bet the big push going on here to get everyone back into office buildings which have been mostly empty for 2 years is coming from the building owners!

Our former travel agent called yesterday to say the airline was having a 1 day sale. I spent 93 minutes on hold before hanging up and going online and booking the trip. The airline contracts things like ground transportation and customer service to a company called Best Day in Mexico and we’ve had excellent service from them in the past. Plus, our former travel agent has said we can contact her directly if we need anything major while away. I’d still prefer to have dealt with our favourite travel agent for booking the trip but this seems like the next best thing.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; March 8, 2022, 08:28 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Tuesday everyone!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. The final inspection on my apartment is today, so hopefully I will be able to be in a new place by the end of the weekend. It is the oddest feeling to be both looking forward to some normalcy, and at the same time understand that the normalcy is very much outside the box of normal as I have understood it for the last twenty-something years.

Every day is a new day. At least I am approaching them with a clear mind and honesty.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

I'm in for 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Wishing good luck to BigAl & Mr. D. All my morning commitments are done. Medical appointments later today. So, with love and respect for my body and soul, I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X