Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I realized last evening that I’ve been victimized by a phishing scam so this morning will be spent trying to determine how much damage has been done. Critical passwords have been changed and banking apps appear OK but I added biometrics as extra security.ARRRRGHHHH! Techie or anyone else tech savvy, any suggestions?

Off for a walk in milder temperatures in an attempt to clear my head after a sleep deprived night.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dang it, QW! Whenever possible, implement multi-factor authentication. Just heard that preached the other day on hubby's finance channel he watches. A user is granted access to a website or application only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism. It's a pain but we need that extra security in this day and age!

I'll take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those loving life too. Sorry to hear about this QW. They are out there destroying lives. All my morning rituals are completed. So, with deep appreciation for the sober life, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Sorry to hear about your phishing debacle QW, it is crazy these days how sophisticated cyber criminals are becoming.

I wholly agree on the gas prices, I love my truck but a Prius would be nice these days. My wife drives a Toyota hybrid and gets 45 MPG (my truck does well to get 15).

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Pretty view this morning

Comment

Mr. D's biopsies were negative, so all is well. Still in that limbo of trying to figure out what is causing his symptoms, but we've ruled out a lot, so that's good!

QW, I hope you get your security issues straightened out and nothing significant was lost, corrupted or stolen.

I am deeply saddened for the people of Ukraine and have been praying for them. Cowboy, I know what you mean about watching the news. I have little tolerance for the news because I think the media is dishonest and manipulative, but I want to know what is happening. Truth and facts are hard to come by. It's very difficult. I wish I could find a news source without 'spin'.

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I agree on all counts about the crooked news! Dill, glad all the tests were negative and hope Dr. D’s symptoms go away. QW sorry about the phishing scam. Sounds like you took the right steps to correct it. Big Al, nice picture but looks too cold for me. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Dill, glad that Mr. D's biopsy came back negative. You both must be so relieved. I too, have been watching the news about Ukraine, and it's truly horrific. Very sad...

Sorry about the phishing scam QW. It can happen to anyone of us no matter what precautions we take.

The foecast is calling for up to a foot of snow tonight and Saturday. Unfortunately, Syracuse is having their annual St. Paddy's day parade tomorrow, and hopefully, it won't be cancelled. It did not happen over the last 2 years due to Covid. Hopefully, the parade will still go on, but I sure wouldn't want to be marching in it.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:37am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's fantastic news about Mr D's biopsies [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of the issue soon.

Great pic [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], our landscape looks much the same if you add about 3 feet of snow to it lol.

Hopefully you didn't lose anything in the scam [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Most all of my online accounts now ask for double authentication, I was frustrated with it all at first but understand the necessity of it.

A day off today, my truck is at the dealers checking out a "clunking noise" when I put it in 4 wheel drive and I noticed a small oil leak coming from somewhere underneath the front end. I don't think I damaged anything when I got stuck as I was already in 4 wheel drive and the truck ran great the rest of the day in and out of 4 wheel drive, but who knows... Hopefully it's nothing major and grateful that the powertrain is still under warranty.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I spent yesterday changing passwords, adding two-tier authentication and cussing at cyber morons. I cancelled 2 gmail accounts and opened another. I also implemented an option on Norton anti virus to shore up protection so hopefully the additional security will prevent any bad things from happening.
                        It is a pain to have to go through these steps but necessary these days. Thanks for the supportive comments everyone.

Dill, I’m glad Mr D’s biopsy results were negative. As Mrs QW and I have found, we know a lot of what it isn’t that’s causing grief, just not what it is. I hope you soon get answers.

It’s cold this morning so will postpone my walk until afternoon when we warm up to above freezing.

Big Al, that photo could have been taken around here. We have very little snow and the other day, drove through a dust storm. Farmers must be worried about the lack of moisture.

Hope there’s nothing seriously wrong with your truck Cowboy. About a year out of warranty, I had to have the differential replaced on my Jeep at a cost of $2,700. Everyone agreed the problem was caused by a defective part and while Chrysler was under no obligation to cover any of the repair cost, they paid half.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Friday everyone!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great news, Dill. Hope you can get to the bottom of his health mystery soon!

Ukraine is on my mind continually. I don't understand how anyone could be so cruel to so many people that weren't bothering anyone. Greed and power once again. Ugh

BigAl, your area looks similar to our farm country in Central Washington too.

Waves too all my Cafe peeps! Hope we all have an easy day/weekend. I'll gladly take 24 more and count my blessings.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind comments re: Mr. D!
                              Thank you BigAl for posting that photo. It's always fun to get glimpses of everyone's worlds. I'll try to do one in the near future.

About the truck, Cowboy: as Roseanne Roseanna Danna would say, "It's always somethin'!" I hope it's an easy, inexpensive fix.

Wow QW! That must've taken you all day to do all those changes!! It was the smart thing to do tho.

It begins: Mr. D has downloaded TurboTax 2021...

24 more, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and snow bound. Happy to hear about Mr D’s biopsy. Love the pic, BigAl. My morning rituals are complete. I had a sweet dog follow me on my run this morning. Got phone number off tag and owner and doggie are reunited. So, with good deed done, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best weekend possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X