~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I hear many folk’s mentioning from time to time about having a drinking dream. I have never experienced that. I’m good with it too. See you in the morning. Good to hear the move is going well, BigAl!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

BigAl, glad that you are doing better, and that the move is going well.

I'm in for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Cowboy, I haven't minded the time change this time either. I too like the light in the evening, but it did fool me into thinking it was earlier than the clocks were telling us. Bedtime came before I knew it! Anyway, for some reason like you, I am not having any real issues with the change.

Mr. D has been busy with his garden and greenhouse already. He planted flowers and herbs in the greenhouse and has planted peas out in the garden! I guess he's feeling a bit better. He definitely has more energy, so that's a good thing.

24 more hours for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Waking up sober is so much better than the alternative. I need to remind myself of this before I think about drinking. As I age it’s hard enough to get up sober but waking up sober with a hangover is brutal. A hangover at my age lasts for 2 days vs my younger years when I could bounce back by lunchtime. I started reading again in the evenings so trying to eliminate too much free time after 4 pm. The best part about this forum is that everyone totally gets it. Thanks for being here so I can voice my true feelings and not be judged. Wishing everyone a sober and productive day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's good to see you moving forward with some positivity [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and as the saying goes "things will work out in the end, and if they don't, it's not the end"!

We're all here because we're all the same [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and that's what's so good about being around friends who understand the daily internal battles we go through. I have some friends who still don't understand why I can't have just one, but thankfully they accept it even if they don't understand it. I haven't really had a chance to make any friends in Vegreville partly because I see them all visiting in backyards with drinks in hand. But I will have no problem telling them why I don't drink when it comes time to join them...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My doctors appointment went well yesterday, first time I’ve met this particular doctor. He is heading up a study group I joined so it was good to learn a bit more of what the study involves.

Yesterday’s walk was challenging with lots of black ice, compounded by the fact it was still dark. I took my time and with the help of my walking sticks, made it home safely.
                Ever nice to see it still light at 8pm.

I know what you mean Cowboy about people’s socializing revolving around/dependent on booze. I’ve become fond of using three words -I don’t drink. And if anyone has a problem with it, the problem is theirs, not mine!

Off for a walk in the dark. Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, be careful out there in the dark. I know you are but the "mom" in me can't help but say it. Lol

BigAl, glad things are starting to normalize a little. Stay close!

Rava, I swear we are sisters from a different mister! Your posts resonate with me every time I read them.

Our pup has been sick again. Her liver values are off the charts. We are doing everything we can for her and other than lethargy and bowel issues she seems peaceful. Poor thing. 💔

I'll gladly take 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and black ice weary. I have a very full day today. Yesterday I played sone of the best golf ever. It’s funny how things can just click in place. Finishing up article on hiking in winter. So, with a bust schedule but lots of love, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I have resolved to pick my golf game back up this spring (as time allows!). When we lived in South Africa I played all the time; absolutely beautiful courses.

It's funny, I'm doing well, but there are definitely moments of surreal inability to believe that I am in the situation that I am in. Like a dream sometimes. Other times it forms as a well defined and very real life that is just different than it was before. I have always hated and run from change.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful day. 24 more for me please.
                      Last edited by BigAl; March 15, 2022, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        We have a landline here in Vegreville
                        Holy shit! That's where I was born and spent the first few years of my life. I still remember the giant easter egg!

Comment

Glad that your doctor appointment went well yesterday QW. Definitely be careful walking out there!

Ginger, I'm so sorry that your pup is not well. Hope she will pull through sickness. It's so hard when our pets get older.

Mr. J is coming home from N.C today. Yay! It's been a long couple of weeks for sure!

Rava, so glad that you're staying on track, and you do sound so positive.

Asking for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, so sorry that your dog is feeling bad. Hopefully she will perk up soon. Cowboy, I get it about neighbors. Just about every time I meet someone new they say, We will have to get together for drinks or do you want to join us at the Pub Crawl. I replied by saying for st. Paddy’s day we are more parade people. I prefer meeting friends for lunch vs dinner that way cocktails are not flowing. It seems like literally everything revolves around drinking. Our neighborhood has sunset parties with wine, dances with booze, etc etc. I don’t want to participate for the simple reason that I don’t feel strong enough to say no to flowing booze. So I probably seem very antisocial to many. Oh well. Jude Im glad Mr. J is coming home. Weeks away is a long time. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about Ginger [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], hopefully she makes a turn for the better...

It is indeed a small world [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], and congrats again on your 6th month milestone!

I feel like I'm anti-social sometimes as well [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and I know I shouldn't feel that way but you never know how strangers will react when they are in the company of a recovering alcoholic. And I know that shouldn't bother me either, but I don't want to make people feel uncomfortable around me either...

Great to hear Mr J will be home today [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I'll bet there's a favorite meal planned for tonight!

Comment

Working...
                                X