~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe! I'm in for another 24! Life is so much better without booze!

Comment

5:02am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and happy Monday friends. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. No booze for me. Another 24 hours of peace please and thank you.

Comment

Yes, life is better without booze, Jude! Still I find there are moments of struggle. Yesterday for instance, I had just finished mowing. I was sitting in the bench swing in the shade when a memory popped into my head of times years ago when I would sit in that swing with a glass of wine in the afternoon. It was such a clear memory it startled me! After that I became agitated and well, you know the feelings... Mr. D came along and sat next to me and after a while he said, "Wonder what time it is." I didn't have to look at my phone. I knew. "Four o'clock."

But the hour came and went and I am glad to be waking up today with a clear head and no regrets!

Glad you had a good time with your son over the weekend, BigAl!

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, it’s amazing we know when it’s 4 o’clock. I know when it’s Wednesday because that’s when my former liquor store advertised their sale items. I haven’t subscribed to that paper in 5 years and have been af for three years.

I stayed up past bedtime last night watching hockey so a nap is definitely in my plan for today.

As Jude says, Life is so much better without booze!

Have a great Monday everyone, af of course.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Monday everyone!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Happy booze free Monday. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

LOVE THIS…

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Dill, I hear you about how drinking memories can suddenly appear out of nowhere. It's strange how our minds trick is into remembering the pleasant aspect of drinking; you know, the pleasant buzz after a couple of glasses of wine. We seem to forget the hangovers, lack of motivation, and wasted days. The warm weather always seems to awaken the cravings within me, and I have to be extra vigilant. Four o'clock began to come earlier and it wasn't unheard of for me to start my day with a glass or two (or 4) of wine. My Dr. once told me that no amount of alcohol was safe for me, as my liver enzymes were becoming elevated. That's when it really hit me. This shit could kill me! Anyway, I plan to meander my way through another booze free day, and I wish the same for all of my friends here at the cafe! We can do this!

Comment

5:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Cafe friends. Jude, I hear ya about the wine. When I was drinking the hardest it was vodka then I thought by moving to wine I was less addicted and it would be less destructive. LOL what a joke. I always seem to forget when drinking about that critical period after the initial buzz starts wearing off. That’s when things go downhill. Trying to catch that buzz again leads me down a rabbit hole. By eliminating that initial drink is the key to solving this stupid issue. I am drinking coffee feeling great this morning instead of nursing a hangover. For this I am grateful. Wishing everyone a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you…

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’ve seen that quote before Techie and it’s so true. We don’t deserve dogs!

Alcohol is a killer Jude. If not by ruining our health, it makes us do stupid stuff, like driving while impaired. And sadly it’s often innocent people who suffer, while the drunk driver is unhurt. I once told the manager of a liquor store that they were purveyors of poison. He agreed and told me he just worked there, he didn’t drink.

We took our granddaughter to her tennis lesson yesterday and then had to stop at Wendy’s after for a Frosty. Good times!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I guess I forgot to check in yesterday! I'm thankful for a booze free day and another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Of to an early meeting. So I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Well, I just lost my post and it was too long to try to repeat! So this will just end up a short check-in and a simple statement of gratitude for things I've overcome. :heartbeat:

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, I hate it when I write a long post, then lose it! Now I copy what I've written, and if something goes wrong I just paste it back in.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X