Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Belated happy anniversary wishes Ginger! Hope you both had a great day.

Another day of appointments, but first a walk.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Busy day here! I'll take it sober!

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes for the grandkids. I'm sure they'll bounce back!

I've been working on the garage this week. How do things get in such a mess! It feels good to get things a bit more organized again.

Let's all have another 24!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I'm sure that your garage isn't as cluttered as ours. Mr. J is a packrat and you can barely walk through ours! So much stuff! Uggh!

Another porch morning, and so grateful to be enjoying it unhung!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Enjoying a cup of coffee on our porch watching the ducks swim by. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you. Life is so much better without alcohol.

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Yesterday was a busy day and we ended it by watching our grandson play soccer. Good times! And I noticed that the parents and grandparents were so well behaved. They applauded successes by both teams and there was no shouting at referees. What a nice change from some other sports we’ve watched.

I thing decluttering is a great exercise to go through on a regular basis. When we moved last year, cleaning the garage was a huge task. Our former neighbours were on the receiving end of my workshop contents - tools, shelving, etc. I miss being able to spend time in my garage working on stuff and making things. There is a workshop in our building but I haven’t used it yet.

About 6 months ago I ordered a device which attaches to the TV that increases the volume to my hearing aids without cranking up the volume for Mrs QW. I’ll pick it up today. Hard to tell who’s more excited about this, me or Mrs QW!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Reading through the posts, and [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] sharing her 20th anniversary date made me reflect upon how bad I let my drinking become. I spent my 20th wedding anniversary in in-patient treatment. I had received divorce papers two days prior. For our wedding anniversary, prior to my relapse and subsequent treatment I had purchased tickets to see Wynton Marsalis. The tickets were included in the divorce papers. Ouch.

As harsh as those memories may be, I need to hold on to them to combat that little voice in my head that whispers that a drink will be OK. That I could handle it this time. I know I cannot.

Half a year later, my wife and I, though separated currently, are going to a Vivaldi quintet performance tonight. With drinking comes destruction (at least for me), with sobriety comes clarity and redemption (even if it's not exactly the way I envisioned it).

I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Busy day with lots of appointments and deadlines. So, I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'll gladly take another 24!

Comment

Jude, our garage isn't really too bad, I guess. That's owing to the fact that Mr. D has a shop out in one of our barns. It's so cluttered I am uncomfortable from the moment I set foot inside! I have spaces in my home that are cluttered, but I try to keep it restricted to closets and drawers.

BigAl, reading your post made me think about what a thief alcohol is for folks like us.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; June 2, 2022, 02:52 PM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Tomorrow Mr. J and I are going to an event called The Olde Home Days in a nearby town. There will be music, craft, book sales and a parade. Thanks to covid this is the first time in two years that it has been held. It's a lot of fun and we are looking forward to going. It just makes life feel a little bit more "normal" , and I am grateful for small things such as this.

Hope that you enjoyed the music [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I adore Vilvaldi!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

It's a beautiful spring day here! It will be (to quote our fearless leader, Cowboy) "a darn good day not to drink"!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; June 3, 2022, 05:38 AM.
                            Dill

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much new happening up here in my neck of the woods. Have a couple of jobs to get finished up, but nothing that can't wait till next week. I'm going to take a me day and enjoy a day off from everything. Not sure if I'll be taking Monday off as well as it might be another chauffeur day for me. There is a memorial service for Bubba's cousin's step-mom in the city on Monday. Nothing has been mentioned yet about going, but the mil usually doesn't miss a chance to do some visiting so we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                                X