Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Well, the servicing of the AC unit turned out to be more than what I expected and a lot costlier. Initially they said they wouldn’t be able to complete repairs until next week but phoned late yesterday to say they’d be here today, just in time for warmer temps.
    I believe in preventative maintenance, unlike the previous owners of this condo. The AC repair would not have been needed had a few dollars been spent looking after the unit.

My new hearing aid TV adapter works amazingly well. I can set the volume to what I need and listen in Dolby stereo through my hearing aids and Mrs QW can listen to the TV at a level comfortable for her. And the best part, it was free, courtesy of the hearing aid provider I deal with.

Our oldest son graduates with his executive MBA tomorrow. It’s been a gruelling 18 months for him, our dil and grandkids, very proud of him!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Friday everyone!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Friday! QW. Congrats to your son and also great news about your hearing aides and volume control on the TV. Great invention!!! Hope everyone has a good day. We are in the middle of a tropical storm until tomorrow evening. Enjoying the rain today and it’s also a great way to make sure our condo doesn't have any leaks! I’m not sure the old owners would have ever even revealed that. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Dill, great ABC quote! I'll take 24 more. Hope everyone has an easy AF day and weekend!

Comment

Hope that you enjoyed your "me" day cowboy, you certainly deserve it!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congratulations going out to your son [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I imagine you are just as proud of him as the rest!

It was a very relaxing day for me yesterday. I did catch up on some paperwork, took in the recycle cardboard, replaced a couple of central vac outlets, and even made lunch for Bubba and I. The afternoon was just sitting on the deck with iced coffee and my Kindle, but I sure missed having Hank with me. It was usually "our" time together in the afternoons down on the grass, but fond memories had me smiling and thinking of him...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I forgot to add, enjoy your day at The Olde Home Days [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

Comment

Good morning and wishing everyone a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24hours please & thank you.

Well, the AC repair ended up being more complicated. Apparently the compressor seized and a new one has been ordered. Oh well, it’ll be nice to have it working and the repairs should last a long time.

We’re getting together with our Calgary family this morning to celebrate our sons graduation. Our daughter in law has been a huge support while he was studying and the grandkids very understanding. I know he’s looking forward to filling the 20+ hours he was working on the course each week with fun activities with the family.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Big CONGRATS, QW on your son's graduation. Big achievement and you all must be very proud! Also congrats on the hearing aids that direct the tv sound direction to your hearing aids. What a marvelous advancement and a grand use for technology.

I'm glad you enjoyed your "relaxing" day Cowboy, but it sounded pretty busy to me! I looked at our Tessa today and saw the gray all around her eyes and muzzle. She is quite an old lady it seems. She still is in good health and although not at spry as she once was she still enjoys walks in the woods and rides in the back of the Ranger.

24 more please for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, are you near that severe weather? Looks crazy!

QW, enjoy your son's celebration. What an accomplishment for a husband/dad!

Today we have a birthday BBQ for my oldest son's 48 birthday! When did he get so old? Hell, when did I? :~) ODAAT

ABC, I feel ya. Yesterday was a "miss Ginger" day.

Hi to all my Cafe buddies. 24 more!

Comment

Quick check in m. Will read back later. 24 more 4 moi!
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'm delivering this cake a bit early as I know Jude will beat me to the Café in the morning lol. You can enjoy a piece of it with your coffee on the porch!

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] !

Comment

Awww cowboy...thanks for the birthday wishes and cake! Looking forward to a quiet day with no big celebrations. Just the way I like it!

Congrats to your son on his graduation QW, I'm sure that he's glad to put all that studying behind him.
                                [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and cowboy, Hank and Ginger will always be there in your memories. Will either of you get another dog in the future? So many animals out there waiting to be adopted, and I know that both of you would give them wonderful homes. Just a thought.

Looking forward to another sober day and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X