~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Geez techie, things sound pretty serious right now.Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. :hug:

Sorry about your friend Big Al. Yes, it's true that we feel things more deeply when we are sober which can be quite painful. On the other hand, there are times when being af allows to feel so much joy, peace and gratitude. Definitely worth it.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. So sorry about your friend Big Al. Hard to watch that for sure. Totally forgot to post yesterday and just realized it when I got on today. Jude I hope you had a great birthday. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you..

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Your friend probably enjoys your visits more than you realize [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. It's tough to watch people decline in health and appearance as the end draws near, but that's when they need us most...

Hang in there [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], keep up the good fight and we're all here for you if you needs us!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
            Your friend probably enjoys your visits more than you realize [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. It's tough to watch people decline in health and appearance as the end draws near, but that's when they need us most...

Hang in there [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], keep up the good fight and we're all here for you if you needs us!
            Well said, Cowboy. Dittos here.

Rava, I noticed your absence yesterday. I'm glad to see you back today!

It's a rainy old day here. Not sure what I'll get into today. I hope the weather clears up so I can get outside later. And I hope you all have a wonderful af day!

24 more, please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, being their for your friend, af, means a lot to him. And to you.

Techie, thinking of you today and sending positive thoughts your way.

Mrs QW is having a procedure tomorrow to help her with some of the nastier side effects of her PD.

We had lots of much needed rain yesterday and it looks like more of the same today.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and family. Thank you for the support. Another twenty four for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Techie, thinking of you.

Hosting an paint party today. Better get ready and get my craft on!

24 more

Comment

I'd gratefully accept another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. QW I hope Mrs. QW makes out well today with her procedure. Ginger, hope that paint party went well! Techie, thinking of you and wishing you peace with your disappointing news. Prayers being sent for you my friend. Heading the the airport today to apply for pre TSA checkin. Hopefully this will help us avoid the long TSA lines in the future. Wishing everyone a good and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Hi to everyone!

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

How was the painting party [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? What room in the house did you get them to paint lol.

Hope the procedure goes well for the missus [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

Bubba and I went to see Top Gun last night, it was well worth the price of admission and one of those movies meant to be seen on the big screen! It's hard to believe that 30 years has passed since the original came out. Not sure why, but movie theatre popcorn always tastes better than homemade!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We heard from friends in Montreal last evening that they’re going to be visiting family in Calgary for two weeks at the end of this month. We haven’t seen them for two years so we’re looking forward to their visit.

Mrs QW’s procedure this morning is scheduled to be 3 hours so we’ll head to the hospital in a bit. There is added stress because Parkinson’s complicates things. Her meds require they be taken with food but she isn’t able to have anything in her stomach so she’s opting for not taking her meds. Hopefully that doesn’t cause any problems. Taking meds exactly as scheduled is key to controlling symptoms of PD.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I hope all goes well for Mrs., QW today. And it's great that you have a visit with old friends to look forward to!

Hope your painting party was a success, Ginger!

Techie, sending loving support your way.

Cowboy, Mr. D took our grandson to Top Gun yesterday. They both really enjoyed it! Mr. D said he wished he had taken the time to re-watch the original before he saw this one tho. Glad you enjoyed it! And I personally think the reason movie theatre popcorn tastes so good is because they don't hold back on the oil butter, and the salt! Another place where they make excellent popcorn is at the local hardware store. It's free, self-serve, and a treat while shopping! Do they do that in your area?

24 more, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Party was a success and I'm happy to report no rooms were damaged! Lol

QW, fingers crossed for Mrs. Prayers sent.

Babysitting g-gson Jack today so gdaughter can help her Mom at work. I should be good and tired tonight! But will happily take 24 more!

Comment

Working...
                                X