~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

BigAl, I don't blame you for your loathing of work-related travel. Good luck with it. It is much harder to stay sober because of being out of the comfort zone of routine. But I am confident that you can and will do fine. And as you say, it is great not making a fool of yourself at dinner. I've certainly had lots of experience in that department...

24 more hours of sobriety for all of us here, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thinking of you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], and hope that you can come back soon. We miss you.

I'd happily accept another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

It's a beautiful summer morning here in southwestern Ohio. A good day to be alive and that includes truly alive, as in sober.

24 more for all of us here please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're going such a great job keeping AF [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I don't think a bit of travelling here and there will trigger you too much. I do lots of driving with my job, but not much traveling if that makes any sense. I need to drive less and travel more!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, hope you had a fun day with your great grandson. After spending time with our grandkids, we’re reminded why we have kids when we’re young! But that tired is the best kind of tired.

I don’t miss travelling for work but I love travelling to our favourite vacation places!

Today we’re helping our son the chef with a few chores and that usually ends up with him, as a way of saying thanks, cooking a much better meal than I ever could!!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Whew! That was fun but tiring. We had him ALL day. We ended up with two of our close by gkids too! They were bored and wanted to visit and see baby Jack. We are so blessed!

Leaving to work at my sister's yard sale shortly. At some point I need to pack for our camping trip next week. I'm exhausted thinking about it but I know it will be a blast once we get there.

BigAl, you've got this! Pauly, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Waves to all my Cafe peeps. Happy I'm sharing this journey with all of you!

Comment

Not much going on around here these days. Just trying to stay cool with all this heat and humidity.

QW, your lucky to have a chef in the family. I'm jealous!

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Same as me [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], not much to report on, we are headed to Costco this morning to pick up some things. Pretty exciting life when a Costco run is the highlight of your weekend lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Woke up this morning again with a sore throat like last week. Ugh. Getting sick of being sick on vacation. This is not turning out to be a good time. I’m going to try to keep my head up and make the best of it and realize that if I threw alcohol in the mix I would feel much worse. Saw my 89 year old mother yesterday and that depressed me seeing her literally shrink before my eyes. Throws mortality right in your face. I will not drink under any circumstances today! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The sun is shining today so I plan to get the camera gear out and go to a local park in search of birds and wildlife. I bought a new lens a couple of weeks ago and have been looking forward to trying it out.

We had a nice visit with our son yesterday but, darn it, he wasn’t able to stay for supper. We do have a rain check for him to cook for us though.

Hope the Costco run goes well Cowboy. Invariably I spend more than I intend to and buy things not on the list when I shop there. As a former economic developer, I used to avoid big box retail in favour of small business, and while I still try to support small business when I can, prices at big box retail are so much better and as result they’re getting more and more of my business.

We bought end of school year presents for the grandkids at a local toy store the other day. Do toy stores ever love grandparents! As soon as we walked in, the store manager gave us his undivided attention and was very helpful in recommending products.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Really sorry you have been feeling so poorly on this vacation, Rava!

I haven't much to report here either! Today is berry-picking (red raspberries) and picking the last of our garden peas. That's about it! It'll be a good day not to drink tho!

I hope [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] is having a wonderful time in Paris.

24 more, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Quick drive by! Off to help sister with her yard sale. Whoot whoot!

Comment

Working...
                                X