No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It’s a beautiful day to be sober! Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I’m in a golf tournament today. So, I fully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'm in for another day!

Comment

Wow, Jude! That's a lot of pickles!

Hope you enjoyed the golf tournament, Techie.

It's been a beautiful day here. Mr. D has been building a pen to go around the chicken coop. I helped with some of it, but he did the lion's share. We were able to put the chicks out in it today and they loved it. One scratched up a juicy worm and the other five chased her around trying to get a piece of it. It was funny to watch them!

Life is good, and so is sober. 24 gratefully nearly done and dusted here.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, how many chickens do you have? Mr. J and I are considering getting some, as the price of eggs keeps going up. A friend of mine from Wisconsin just played more than $5.00 for a dozen eggs. Crazy!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Count me in for another 24. Wishing everyone a great and sober Sunday! Beach bound today with friends. Already packed my Snackle Box!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time for some breakfast...

Comment

"Snackle Box", loved that [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] lol

We have a week of hot weather coming up by the looks of the forecast, high eighties to low nineties all week. I'm already headed back to Edmonton tomorrow to pick up another a/c system to install and I'm sure I'll get more calls during the week. If the forecast holds true, the heat will start turning the crops and could mean harvest will start the last week of August. Guess it's time to start planning a harvest Costco run and get the camper propane tanks filled and ready to go.

We're going across the street today for a block bar-b-que from 3 pm to 7 pm. We're suppose to bring a salad or dessert. I do know the neighbor's who are hosting it and it'll be a chance to get to know some of the neighbor's I haven't met yet. The invitations that Pat and Wolf delivered said "no alcohol please" and I was worried that they only put that on because they know I'm a recovering alcoholic. Bubba said they put in on the invitation because they don't want the party to drag on into the night because the party is in their back yard lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and bbq attendees. Have fun today, Cowboy. Great breakfast too. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'll gladly take another 24!

Comment

I think your neighbors just didn't want alcohol there, Cowboy! It makes sense to me, especially on a Sunday and maybe not knowing some of the neighbors very well it just felt more comfortable to keep things AF. I think I may've done the same. Of course, I'm too much of a curmudgeon to host a neighborhood get-together, so we'll never really know for sure!
                            Thanks for the eggs over easy. That's my favorite way to have them!

Rava, I like the 'snackle box' concept! That's my kind of fishing trip!

Late check in again. Another 24 done and dusted. I hope everyone had a great Sunday.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jude, I forgot to respond to your question about the chickens! We have 6. In our state you must buy no fewer than 6 chicks at a time. The rule goes back to a time when folks would buy just one chick for an Easter present and then the chick would grow and people would abandon them or something. So a law was instituted that you you must buy at least six. That was to insure that people that were serious about having chickens would buy them and not just people that were buying them on a whim. So, we have six. We could have bought more, but that was enough. They were an average price of $3.00 each. We have had chickens before and in our experience they would lay once a day most of the year, but not when they went into a molt. In our county you are allowed to have chickens in your backyard but only hens, no roosters. They can be a problem due to their loud crowing. Neighbors don't usually appreciate the noise! We don't live in town, so we could have a rooster if we wanted, but the store where we bought ours only stocked female chicks.
                              Last edited by dill; August 15, 2022, 04:13 AM.
                              Dill

Comment

Thanks for the chicken info dill! I can certainly understand having to buy a minimum of 6 chicks. It's truly sad when people buy chickens or rabbits at Easter, then abandon them when they are grown.

Hope that you enjoyed the bbq cowboy!

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X