No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:34am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and Happy Monday already! Dill thanks for the chicken information! I had no idea you had to buy 6. Cowboy I don’t blame your neighbors and I admire their request to not bring alcohol. In my heavy drinking days, my friends would be offended and probably not go. Now that my brain thinks differently I think its brave of them. Well yesterday was an absolutely perfect beach day. I think I floated for about 3 hours straight. Im including a picture of my snackle box and the beach. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Interesting explanation about the amount of chicks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but I can see the logic in it.

The bbq was quite enjoyable actually. Burgers and dogs with lots of salads and desserts. Getting to meet a bunch of the neighbor's was a bonus! Amazing how you can wave at neighbors not really knowing them but now when I wave I'll know who I'm waving to lol.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

X post [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], that snackle box looks delicious! There's enough food in it to last me a couple of days lol. Love the beach pictures!

Comment

Rava, send me a snackle box. Lol Your pictures of the beach are beautiful.

Dill, I like that law about the chickens! The rescue I work with deals with "critter" gifts every holiday. Sucks

I'll gladly take another day!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
              "Snackle Box", loved that [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]
              We're going across the street today for a block bar-b-que from 3 pm to 7 pm. We're suppose to bring a salad or dessert. I do know the neighbor's who are hosting it and it'll be a chance to get to know some of the neighbor's I haven't met yet. The invitations that Pat and Wolf delivered said "no alcohol please" and I was worried that they only put that on because they know I'm a recovering alcoholic. Bubba said they put in on the invitation because they don't want the party to drag on into the night because the party is in their back yard lol.
              I often have the same worries when I notice my freinds aren't drinking at BBQ's, park meetups etc. Most of the time it's because they have kids, responsibilities etc. but I'm always still a little anxious about that; the last thing I want is for other people not to enjoy themselves (responsibly) because I messed it up for myself.

Comment

Love the snackle box Rava! It made me hungry just looking at it! You're lucky to live so close to the beach. I'm jealous!

Looking forward to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Rava. The snackle box is amazing! and the beach looks heavenly.

Glad you enjoyed your neighborhood party, Cowboy. How nice of your neighbor to have done that.

It's a beautiful morning here. We've been having unseasonably cool nights and mornings lately. It really feels like Fall! But the kids start back to school this week and usually when that happens we have a heatwave for some odd reason! So I don't expect this cool weather to last.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the kind words about my pictures. The snackle box is still in my refrigerator and we just pull it out and eat from it. Got the box from amazon and its food safe. I see people doing with with actual plastic compartment boxes used for crafts. So if anyone does it make sure its food safe plastic. Thats my safety statement for today. LOL. Dill I will miss fall this year but not winter. Being in florida is great but hot as fire sometimes. It rains each day during rainy season but its also sunny. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Off to my volunteer job today. 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Great pics, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Busy day with client meeting, website changes and other tech stuff. So, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! Everyone seems to be doing well as I read through the posts. First day of school for the kids today, I'm glad I was able to drop off my daughter unencumbered by a hangover. [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I laughed out loud at Snackle Box! That's awesome!

Almost eight months of sobriety and I feel good, mentally fit, happy, and I actually look forward to what the day may bring. Amazing, I never thought I would be able to achieve this feeling amidst the massive changes in my life.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today, and I will humbly ask for a 24 hour reprieve from alcohol and the madness it inflicts upon me.

Comment

Love that pic, Techie.

Rava, thanks for the tip. That's a great idea! Always ready to head out with the snackle box filled and in the frig!

Leaving the beach Thursday and headed back to highs in the 100s. Ugh, wish we'd scheduled three weeks! Oh well, next year. 🙂

I'll take another day!

Comment

Glad that you are doing well BigAl! It's amazing how positive our lives become when we ditch the booze!

On that note, I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

I just got done searching images and ideas for snackle boxes. One post I read cautioned about using food safe plastic, just as you said, Rava. And there was a suggestion to buy a snackle box with adjustable sized compartments. They said it could be found at walmart. That seemed like a good idea, too! I am going to have to organize an outing just so I can have a reason to make a snackle box! LOL!

It'll be a great day for another 24!
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X