~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

You know Rava, I know what you mean about Fridays not having the same meaning as they used to and in fact, I find I don't look forward to the weekends at all because they mean less freedom to me! I avoid the stores and other places on the weekends because they are much more busy and crowded. I like going places during the week and I usually eat out at the lunch hour rather than the dinner hour. Less temptation to have a glass of wine, for one thing. And for another thing the portions are smaller which is more to my liking. The price is less, too. And shopping is definitely to be avoided after school hours and on weekends!

I miss [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] too.

High school football games start up again tonight. I don't usually go but this year my grandson is on the team so I will probably go to most home games to cheer him and the team on!

So, it's another 24 for me, and I hope everyone else as well!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Home safe and sound. The heat is oppressive here. It's cooler at our place in AZ than it is here. Weird!

Still good to be home and I'll take another day!

Comment

Glad that you made it home safe and sound Ginger!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Glad you are home Ginger, even tho its hot as a firecracker. It is blazing hot here in Florida. I am spending a lot of time in the AC. Dill you are so right about Friday nights. I too avoid stores, etc on the weekends and after school hours during the week. Very happy tho not to spend Sunday nights in a bad mood worrying about the impending work week and all that needed to be done. Now drinking coffee in the morning with no plans other than Zumba class makes me happy. I do miss my grandkids since moving here but heading north again in October so its all good. Thoughts of buying another small place up north creep into my head, but then I remember that I have downsized and don’t want the added pressure of another place to take care of. Thankful for facetime and texting for sure. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to see you made it home safe and sound [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

High school football isn't as popular in most places in Canada [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Many of the high schools don't even have football in their phys ed programs. I did play football when I was in high school, but it's certainly not like the crowd filled stands you guys have down there.

Even though I'm not fully retired, I don't notice much of a difference between any of the days of the week, all the days end in "y" to me lol. If I do have to go shopping for something, I usually try and get there early morning as soon as the store opens to avoid any rushes and crowded stores or parking lots.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think we can all agree. We don't do crowds. Lol

I've talked to QW and Pauly and both are hanging in there. Reach out to them if you have a way outside MWO. I'm sure they'd love to know that you're thinking of them.

Settling back in after two weeks away. Good to be home despite this oppressive dry heat. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Off on a long run. Feeling better so I’m going to start training for another triathlon. So, with determination and love, I accept another twenty four. Happy to have you back Ginger. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

COWBOY!!!!!

how i have missed you my friend !!!!
                    i know i didn’t stop in on the day of �� but i KNEW you wouldn’t have forgotten about me and i am eternally grateful !!

thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes.
                    I AM STILL FREAKIN SOBER !!! and i hope all of you are too !!
                    sending so much love to all. especially you Cowboy. �� ��

Comment

Good to see you bri, you should stop in more often! Cowboy makes a fantastic breakfast every Sunday!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:38am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Time to get the breakfast out, enjoy!

Comment

It's great to see you again [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]! I figured you'd be stopping in sometime this month. Now you just have to make it a point to stop in more often

Lots of thunder and lightning going on around us this morning but not a drop of rain. It's getting almost too late for some of the crops, but the later crops could sure use the moisture. All in all, I still think it will be a better harvest than last year.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thought I’d drop in , say hi, and enjoy another Cowboy breakfast.

Mrs QW and I had a 3 day escape to a town we’ve never visited before and thoroughly enjoyed it. We toured a bird sanctuary and these two photos are among my favourites.
                              The trip was a challenge in many ways for Mrs QW so I’m hoping we’re able to go to Mexico in November as it may be our last major getaway. If not, we have cancellation insurance plus we’ve been fortunate to have seen some wonderful places, meet some nice people and learn a lot about other cultures.

We met up with friends from Saskatchewan Friday for a long overdue visit and a fine meal at a local restaurant. Our friends are social drinkers and they didn’t ask why we didn’t join in. I wasn’t tempted at all which was good. We had a very enjoyable time.

I hadn’t checked my day count for a while but did today and see I’m on day 1,272. I wouldn’t be here were it not for you fine folks in the Cafe!

Stay safe and af everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast lovers. Thank you, ABC. Great to see you QW. Off to golf in tournament. Happy to have the 7:45 start as it’s going to be a warm one with the high of 101. So, I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best Sunday possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X