No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, always good to hear from you and so glad you are in a better place! Hope Pauly checks in soon. Dill, we all know how you feel. We are really good at letting ourselves down at times. You know what to do and just remember all the times you DON’T drink now. No sense beating yourself up over one stupid night. I don’t count back to day one either. That is too hard. Today is a new day so make it count. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I think swathers are also known as windrowers [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], maybe that's a name you know them by. I can't even imagine how much noise cobs of corn make going through a combine, it must be terrible noisy lol. Our crops look to be way above average, and along with the high prices it should make for lots of happy farmers!

I imagine your neighbor will have some major changes to deal with [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Hopefully she doesn't get too depressed facing them.

Good job on tending the critters [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I often wonder why alcohol is given as a gift. I know we used to gift it on occasion, but now we always give a card with a gift certificate in it.

One would think we get smarter as we get older [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but I also think we feel we have gained more self-control as we get older. That may be true for a lot of things, but unfortunately not everything. You're right back with us, and that's what counts!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dill, I echo Rava's post! And techie's quote fits right in.

Jude, we have a family gathering over the labor day weekend. They are all big drinkers. I'm planning to take it there.

Pauly sounded as good as could be expected when I checked in with her. I can't imagine what that poor girl is going through.

I'll take another day of freedom.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Swathers. Travel day as we head up to San Jose to see granddaughter. So, with sober miles ahead I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill, dust yourself off, and get back on the horse. We've all been there, and I know exactly how you feel. Today is a new day.

Yesterday Mr. J and I put up 2 more bushes of corn. Today it's pickles and tomatoes. Busy for sure, but with the cost of food going up, the more that we can out away, the better.

Thinking of you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], and hope that you are doing OK.

24 more please...

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Gratefully returning to a more positive frame of mind. Yesterday was such a struggle! My brain was foggy and my mood was so low! But today promises to be much better and I am grateful for that and for all of you here.

Jude, you and Mr. J have really been doing a great job of putting food up! You will be glad you did. I am so grateful for our chest freezers. We have two. The beef we put up last fall got us thru the year and we still have lots. It has really helped during this time of rising meat prices! Plus, we have the option of buying things on sale and freezing them. That provides a good savings as well.

It will be a wonderful day not to drink! 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill I am so glad you are in a better head space today! Makes a huge difference to wake up feeling good with no shame or headache involved. There is a guy on Tik Tok I follow named Chip Hafford and he is filming his journey with sobriety. One particular video he took all the beer he would typically drink in 1 day and dumped it all in a large plastic container. Wow that was a visual for me to see how much shit we can run through our bodies. Puts it into perspective. Also Ginger, those 3 bottles of wine you were gifted could probably be consumed in 1 or 2 sittings. Scary to think that what we dump into ourselves. So glad that you can simply give them away. Think how far you have come to be able to give it away vs drinking it all. Regifting at its best! Hope everyone has a good day today. I do NOT plan on drinking or even looking at the wine section today on my way to the grocery store. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Wanted to show you this visual from the guy that dumped out his normal beer intake for the day/night……. Helps my brain see what a mess this is for your body.

Comment

Happy Saturday everyone! Rava, I avoid any shopping, if possible, on weekends. You're a brave woman, lol.

Trying my hand at wire wrapping now. I'm happiest when I'm making something with my hands. I bet my husband wishes that included cooking/baking but newp. It doesn't.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. A quick pass by as I’m at a rest stop. Huge problem getting home after fatal accident closed freeway yesterday evening. So, I accept another twenty four. Blessings x

Will read back this evening!!!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

That's beautiful work Ginger, and I loved the stone!

Rava, that bucket of beer really put things into perspective for me. Holy cow!

Looking forward to another 24 hours without a belly full of beer or wine. :happy2:

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Time to get some breakfast out...

Comment

Working...
                                X