No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4:56am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was off the swather as of yesterday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It went okay for my first time, it definitely gives me a better appreciation for the regular swathing crew lol. It was combining time yesterday, peas are ready but we aren't haha. There are 2 of the workers still on swathing, finishing up the barley then 2 quarters of oats to go, so it was just Corey and I to get the newer combines all set up and the monitors working properly. We did manage to get a whole field done yesterday and everything is good as far as equipment goes so we should be able to knock off a few more acres a day now.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

G-gson is really starting to get a personality. He's a little ham! Tries to make you life by doing funny little things. I'll have him again tomorrow. I'm feeling blessed I'm able to enjoy that little guy!

Off to visit friends today. I'll take another day!

Comment

It's a gloomy morning out there! I guess I'll stay in and get some housework done. Lord knows there's a lot on hand!

It will be a good day not to drink! 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Busy day ahead. We have a major heat wave coming. So, with hot weather and a warm heart I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Sounds like you're staying pretty busy cowboy! Do you miss the harvest season when it's over?

Sitting on the back porch with my coffee listening to a great horned owl in the distance. The coyotes have been very vocal as well and not too far away. So cool...

I'm committed to another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

Jude, sitting on the porch listening to the sounds of nature with a morning cup of coffee is a slice of Heaven! It was a bit chilly here this morning so I just took a morning walk with the dogs and then retreated indoors. But the morning walk was a great start to my day!

We just finished up a spate of unpleasantly hot and humid weather. Dry air moved in yesterday afternoon and is expected to stay for the next few days. Labor Day weekend promises to be very nice.

I'm still listening to James Herriot books and am nearing the end of All Things Wise and Wonderful. The narrator really adds so much to the experience! I don't think I would get as much out of reading them myself as I do this audio presentation.

Humbly and gratefully looking forward to another 24.
                Last edited by dill; August 31, 2022, 06:22 AM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Good morning everyone. Please count me in for 24 hours of sobriety. Wishing everyone a wonderful and sober day.

Comment

The older I get the more I realize that I'm the one making myself busy [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] lol. Maybe it's because I don't want to admit that I'm getting older haha. Harvest is just like seeding, anxious and excited to have it start, then glad when we're just about done, and then miss it for a while when it's over.

Our second oldest daughter is always trying to get me into audio books [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] but I haven't tried any of them yet. Too afraid that I'll fall asleep while listening and miss half of the book haha. I might give it a try after harvest is finished.
                      Last edited by abcowboy; August 31, 2022, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I love audio books! It drowns out hubby's news and sports that are always on. Lol ABC, if I listened at bed time, I'd definitely fall asleep and miss chapters!

Babysitting g-gson again today! I'll take another day!

Comment

Glad that you're enjoying the James Herring books dill. I've never listened to an audio book, but one of these days I'll have to check it out.

It's a little cool on the back porch this morning, but I'll take it after all of the heat and humidity that we've had lately.

24 more for all of us please.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Good morning audio book lovers. I like podcasts and listen to them frequently while driving or watering flowers. There are some good ones out for sobriety that can be very informative Like This Naked Mind and The Bubble Hour. I really like true crime ones tho. I listen to the sobriety ones when I am feeling week or vulnerable. Can’t believe it’s September. WOW time flies! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I listen to my audiobooks at night if I can't sleep. I play them on my phone and the app has an off time. I usually set it to 30 minutes. That way if I fall asleep (and I usually do) I don't have too far to search to find the last thing I remember hearing!

It's going to be a beautiful day here. A good day to be sober!!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X