No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Congratulations Mulberry. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks everyone! I had some Beef Bourguignon from a fancy french place the other night to celebrate; i didn't even realize that it's made with a red wine sauce... but hey, I ate the wine I didn't drink it so it doesn't count, haha.

Comment

Congratulations, Mulburry! No, the wine in your dinner didn't count at all! The alcohol cooks off before you eat it. Well done to you!!

Late check in today. 24 for all of us, please and thank you!
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
              Congratulations, Mulburry! No, the wine in your dinner didn't count at all! The alcohol cooks off before you eat it.
              I actually researched that out of curiosity and found the same answer (most of it at least, and even if not it would still be a pretty miniscule amount), which is also why you couldn't really taste the wine in the sauce, maybe just a tiny hint.

Also, just wanted to say, I know I'm not really a regular on here, more of a fringe member, but I do appreciate the support of a community like this where people are going through similar struggles. And even before I started posting on here, it has been a great resource for information for many years.

Also, made an update to my journal in case anyone's interested: https://www.mywayout.org/community/t...2-detox-4.html

Comment

It's a chilly 40° outside, so no porch this morning. I even broke down and turned the heat on for the first time this year.

Well I slipped last night and feel terrible this morning. Not physically but emotionally. Grateful for a New day, one without booze.

So today I'm going to free myself from the shackles of alcohol and make through the next 24 hours of sobriety.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Jude, thanks for your honesty and I am confident that today will be a successful day for you! Wishing everyone a good day. 24 more please and thank you

Comment

5:53am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Keep up the good work [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] and before you know it you'll be celebrating year 2!

That AV can be so convincing at times [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], keep fighting back just like you're doing now.

Comment

Jude, I'm sorry you are feeling down but do your best to learn from that feeling and recall it next time you feel that addictive urge.

Mulburry, thank you for that link to your journal. I didn't know you were journaling. I am going to follow the link a bit later in the day when I get done with my chores and have time to focus on it. Mornings are just too busy for me!

Sometimes I wonder if we made a mistake getting a new dog at this time in our lives. I'm 70 and Mr. D is 72. Lily may outlive us. But then again, maybe not. And I want to live life to the fullest. So, I guess I just answered my own question.

I know for a fact that is will not be a mistake to be af today. Best hopes to all of us here for another day of freedom!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hugs to Jude. Off on a long hike. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Yikes! I've been so busy with baby, I forgot to check in yesterday and almost again today. I'll take another day!

Comment

Thanks all for the support, feeling better today, and I'm in for another 24!

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X