~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe. Jude, so glad you are feeling better and off to a better start. Our Av is so sneaky and convincing. Its amazing how we know better yet fall for it. I am also the same age as you and just think if we didn’t stop drinking like we were we would probably either be dead or have cirrhosis. We are lucky. Ginger so glad you are busy with little Jack. I’m sure he keeps you on your toes. Hope everyone has a great a sober day. Off to make some breakfast since Cowboy doesn’t cook for us on Saturdays! 24 more please!

Comment

Had a wonderful time with Jack this week. I miss him already. This winter will be hard! He'll be talking and walking by the time we get home!

Jude, you're right back here and that's what matters.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and cooler weather lovers. Rain and cool in the forecast. So, with fall in my thoughts and love in my heart I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Its amazing how we know better yet fall for it. I am also the same age as you and just think if we didn’t stop drinking like we were we would probably either be dead or have cirrhosis.
          I'm sure I would have been in the same boat in 5 or 10 years if I'd kept going. I can't impart the wisdom enough, of quitting (or vastly cutting down for those who can) drinking BEFORE it messes up your health. Even if it doesn't kill you, it can make your life pretty miserable. Alcohol is so incredibly toxic and so bad for so many body systems. Though I know I'm preaching to the choir here.
          Last edited by Mulburry; September 17, 2022, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I picked a bunch of apples yesterday, so it looks like we will be making a lot of apple sauce and pies over the next few days. New York state is the second largest apple producer in the country. Washington takes the prize though, as they produce more than double the amount of apples that N.Y. does. [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], do you live near any apple orchards?

I'm in for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, it's Sunday so I'm cooking breakfast lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and just made it for breakfast! Thanks Cowboy! Hey Jude (makes me want to sing that song) I made apple butter last year in my instapot and it was amazing! I may have to do that this year after seeing your post. My son spent the weekend with us and we had a good time together. We watched a show on Hulu called Wrexham about a failing soccer team. Well I hope everyone has a great Sunday! 24 more please and thank you.
                  Last edited by Rava; September 18, 2022, 06:41 AM.

Comment

I do make breakfast everyday [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] when I'm at home haha. Bubba and I have a routine in most things and that includes mornings. Y'all would probably be bored with my breakfasts soon enough though. Monday is cereal, Tuesday is waffles, Wednesday is oatmeal, Thursday is toast, Friday is cereal, Saturday is scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and toast, Sunday is fried eggs, bacon or sausage, and toast. Bubba loves Tuesdays lol.

We have 2 apples tress [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], one in Veg and one at the farm. Bubba and her mom have been busy picking and making apple sauce, pies, and freezing slices, and I haven't picked the apples at the farm yet!

I got some good news Friday, my truck should be all fixed and ready to be picked up early this week. I'll be glad to get back into my truck and out of the rental. The rental is a Ford Escape hybrid and I'm impressed with the hybrids. I'm sure Bubba's next vehicle will be a hybrid of some sort.

We are now getting close to 3/4 done harvest. 2700 acres of canola left to finish. If all goes well we should finish up in 9 or 10 days.

Comment

Hey Jude We live in the Yakima Valley, which is the largest apple producer in the state! There's a large orchard right behind us. If it weren't for the Yakima river irrigation district this area would be nothing but sage brush. Our annual rain fall is only 9 inches and we are considered desert without irrigation. That's your geography lesson for today! Lol

I'll take another day!!

Comment

Hmm. Cowboy, I didn't see French Toast in your rotation! LOL! Our breakfast varies from day to day. Today I had a notion to have some grits. I like mine with fried onions and melted cheese, egg on the side. Mr. D likes his with butter and maple syrup and egg on the side. Rounded the breakfast out with some toast and sausage.

Apple butter, apple pie, apple sauce!!! Now I can't wait for our apples to ripen! Won't be long.

I didn't realize that I missed checking in yesterday until I didn't see my name in Cowboy's list! I feel like I lost a day somehow. But I didn't. And the day was af, too. Maybe I wrote but just forgot to send? Dunno.

24 more for all of us here today, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast over eaters. Thanks Cowboy. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Good morning Cafe friends! Sure glad I stopped in for brekkie this morning!!

After almost 3 years of not having company, we’ve had lots recently. My brother and sil were here this past week. I was pleased to learn they have reduced their alcohol consumption to two drinks a week from several a day. I haven’t seen them in over 5 years because they were always a trigger for me and I didn’t want to risk my quit.
                            They were surprised to learn that I quit but didn’t think they would quit completely. BTW, today is day 1,300 for me.

Tuesday we have friends coming for an overnight stay, on their way home to Vancouver Island after a 3 week holiday in Scotland, England and a cruise around the Greek islands. We met this couple in Punta Cana 9 years ago and have kept in touch. They surprised us 3 years ago in Mexico, we spent a very enjoyable week with them.

Mrs QW’s Parkinson’s continues to progress with more signs of dementia now evident. Her latest aggravation is a sprained or detached
                            bicep in her right arm. I’m hoping we’re able to go to Mexico in November as it could be our last major holiday but, if we can’t go, we’ve had some wonderful trips.

Cowboy, I read back and saw your truck was in for repairs after hitting a deer. They are so nice to look at, to photograph, but they’re as smart as a sack of hammers! In 5 years living near Jasper, we had 4 collisions with deer, one of which totalled a vehicle.
                            Glad you weren’t hurt.

Last weekend was our Parkinson associations major fundraiser, a walk that saw about 125 participants and raised almost $100,000 for research. I got to take photos of the Start/Finish line.

Stay safe and take care Cafe friends!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Congratulations on 1300, QW

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                                We live in the Yakima Valley, which is the largest apple producer in the state! There's a large orchard right behind us.
                                Having access to fresh fruit is really under-rated. I grew up on an acerage which had a small orchard (apple trees, plum trees, cherry trees, raspberries, blackberries etc.), something I certainly miss living in the city.

Comment

Working...
                                X