Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
    [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], sorry that you aren't feeling well, and hope that you recover soon. So far Mr. J and I are having no symptoms of covid, and hope that it stays that way!
    Hopefully you're in the clear, incubation time is typically about 3 days so after 5 days it's unlikely. I felt a lot less lethargic today so think I'm getting over it.

My son and grandson had the same set of symptoms as you but they did not test. I'm pretty sure it was covid. It took a while to get over it but they are both fine now.
    Ya, I had no idea that it could / would cause odd symptoms like that, but should have known better. After doing some research it's actually not that uncommon.

That sucks about not feeling good @Mulburry. I think you're right though, Covid will be around forever and keep affecting us all.
    Ya we're nearing Endemic times so I guess it'll just become kind of like the seasonal flu, or maybe even just one of the other coronavirus colds that have been in circulation for ages. I guess the question is how much it will keep mutating to avoid immunity, or if it will just sort of stabalize eventually.

Covid will be with us from now on and I am one who believes it was man made in that lab in China. What makes me angry is that there hasn't been a real push to find out the origin. I guess this comment teeters on "political" but it is not meant to be and it really shouldn't. It's a medical concern for the whole world and it was turned into a political football.
    I don't really believe that (just feels a little too conspiracy theory-ish to me) but who knows. I had sometimes had the thought though, that if it was man-made, it's almost like it was designed as a eugenics program, to cull the world population by killing off the oldest (and weakest) people.

Lastly regarding Covid, even though I've had it twice now and it wasn't fun, I'm supremely thankful that I never caught pre-vaccination, when the strain was more dangerous, and I was still drinking and my liver was in rough shape; I feel like it probably would have brought me close to my deathbed at that time.
    Last edited by Mulburry; September 30, 2022, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Quick check in from Santorini Greece. Below is a pic of Akrotiri and the archeological site that was buried under 100+ feet of ash. The eruption was 3500 years ago. I accept another 24. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Still no symptoms of covid and it's been six days since we were exposed so I'm feeling pretty optimistic that we won't get it.

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], hope that you are safe, please let us know.

Dill, I'm sorry about Mr. D's health issues. Sending prayers that everything turns out ok. :hug:

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Hi Cafe thank you for all the concern and well wishes. We were just slightly south of the eye. It was horrible, we were under mandatory evacuation and stayed like fools. By the time they ordered us to leave it was so bad we thought driving to a shelter was not safe either,
          . To make a long story short, we just got power and internet back although spotty. Our neighbors still don’t have power so we are offering our home for them to charge their phones and making food. Our community is strong but devastated. We can not flush our toilets due to the pumping station having no power and risk of sewage backup. The gulf waters surged just 3 units west of our building and then receded. My children are upset and want us to move back north. We love it here and plan to stay. But never again for a cat 4. Ft myers beach which is close to us was completely destroyed. We were so very lucky and I am kind of still shell shocked. People all over have their personal belongings lining the street for disaster removal. I have learned a few things from this to share, always have a plain old battery operated radio. All our high tech gadgets are too dependent on electricity to charge. If you have a garage door code and no power your door won’t open and you cant get into your home without a door key for your front or back door. If you have a keyless entry to your front door, you can have a neighbor check your home. It’s been a complete nightmare. I am sober tho which I cant say for everyone else. Thank you again for all the support. I love my online friends.

Mulburry, hope you get well soon and dill, hope you get good results from mr dills retest. Techie hope you are enjoying Greece. Hi Cowboy, QW, Ginger, big Al, Pauly and anyone else I missed!!
          Last edited by Rava; October 1, 2022, 06:03 AM.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ginger, no need to apologize for asking about the symptoms. I appreciate and thank you for your concern and well wishes. :love: The reason I didn't want to talk about symptoms so much is just that they are kind of off-putting when put into words.
              I thank you all for your concern and support.

Rava, what a harrowing experience! I am so glad you and Mr. R came thru the experience in one piece. I've been to the Ft. Meyers beach. So sad to see all the devastation and property destruction...so many lives absolutely turned upside down. I don't think you should move back north either. The likelihood of another cat 4 hurricane visiting you in your lifetime is slim and you have learned what to do if one ever returns. I thank you for the mention of important things like garage door openers, keyless, entry, and having a a batter powered radio (and a supply of batteries) on hand. I am going to make sure I have those things I need ready for whatever Mother Nature sends our way this winter!

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

So happy to hear from you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and that you're okay! Good advice as to things we need to have on hand or keep handy in case of an emergency. I can't even imagine wind speeds as high as they were there.

Hopefully both of you will remain Covid free [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION].

Cleaned out the camper yesterday, only thing left to do is winterize it and that can wait. I've got a ton of laundry to do today and get all my tools put back in the truck so that I'm ready to go next week.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! It's great to see everyone this fine morning. Things are starting to really cool off at night around here and the leaves are starting to change. There is something about fall that I can't put my finger on. I hope everyone is doing well, I am celebrating 9 months of clarity today. So much change has occurred in the last 9 months. My life is still basically the same; still separated, still working, still doing all of the things that I do, but my outlook on life is 180 degrees from where it was a year ago. I am very very grateful, and thankful for the cafe and the friends I have here.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday, and sign me up for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Rava, thank you so much for checking in. I've been worried sick about you! I'm so glad you are ok. So sorry about all the devastation.

Waves to you all. Good to be home with hubby and Pearl. I'll gladly take another day!

Comment

I have learned a few things from this to share, always have a plain old battery operated radio
                      Yikes [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], that sounds brutal. We learned that about the radio the hard way during the atmospheric river last year, but luckily my mom's friend had one she could lend us.

Comment

I accept another twenty four. Blessings x
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Rava, what a nightmare! So glad that you are o.k.! Good advice about having certain things on hand during savage weather.

BigAl, so glad that you dropped by. Your posts are so much more upbeat than they were several months ago. Keep it up!

24 more please...

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

And it would be breakfast time!

Comment

Great to see you again [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and congrats on those 9 months!

Comment

Working...
                                X