~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

YUM! That breakfast is delish! Thank you once again, Cowboy!

Ginger, the results were both good and bad. The good news is, no cancer! The bad news is it was continued progression of his kidney disease which he was diagnosed with a few years back: IgA nephropathy (Bergers Disease). No cure for it, just management. Thank you for asking. He is feeling better now with the medications the doc has him on, so fingers-crossed he stays stable.

Jude, that Wolf sanctuary sounds really interesting!

So sorry about the bushes and trees turning yellow, Rava. I wonder if they might possibly make a comeback from the trauma. I suppose your greenhouse/nursery pros will be able to advise you.

24 more hours of freedom, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, sorry to hear about Mr. D' s kidney disease, but glad that it's not cancer, and that he is feeling better.

Rava you sure are busy! Hope that your flight doesn't get cancelled. 18 hours is a long drive!

Looking forward to another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

Good morning cafe. Dill I’m sorry about mr. D’s continued kidney troubles but so glad it’s not cancer. That would have added a lot of complications. As far as the green house nursery pros, that would be me. Lol. I will probably have to replace some things that continue to drop leaves and die. Unfortunately it’s going to take quite a while to recover from this hurricane. All of our beaches are closed until further notice. The water is full of debris and they are still looking for bodies. It’s all very overwhelming and sad. I have to compartmentalize my sadness and fear to protect my mental health all while trying to support others. It’s a crazy time for sure. Thanks for breakfast Cowboy. Wishing everyone a great week ahead. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not the best news about Mr d [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but not the worst either. Hopefully the medications give him lots of years ahead!

Can't even imagine what it's like during such a storm, never mind the aftermath [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Sounds to me like the break up north will be just what you need.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words.

Rava, I was thinking the same thing as Cowboy: the trip up north will be good for your mental health and a much needed break for you and Mr. R.

Beautiful day here. I need to get outside and enjoy it!

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, the conditions surrounding you must be horrible, and as others have said a trip up North might be just what you need.

I'm in for another 24...

Comment

Good morning cafe. Thanks for the support. Definitely a trip up north is what we need. So far so good on the airlines. Praying that we don’t have to drive. Yesterday I went to get a pedicure and there was a women in there that lost everything. She was full of cuts and bruises and spent the entire time in the salon on the phone with fema and insurance company. What a nightmare she is going thru. It makes your heart hurt. She has to measure her wall and her insurance starts from three feet up. Anything below the 3 foot level is not covered by her insurance for damages. What a nightmare. Now all the fine print comes out as to what’s really covered. Ok enough of this. Going to thrift store today. Will probably be busy with people looking for replacement items. The boss there is very generous and if someone can’t afford something and is in need he will just give it to them. Oh I also slipped and had a glass of wine last night. That will not be happening tonight. Got to keep moving. 24 more for me please!!

Comment

Another beautiful day coming up, here. I am enjoying it but at the same time, we sure could use some rain!

Jude, did you enjoy the wolf sanctuary?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Comment

Cross post, Rava! Wow what a scam some insurance policies are! So sad. Brush yourself off and get back at it. You are doing great!
                      Dill

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'm sure there's lots of fine print in those insurance policies, I wonder if the insurance company thinks only the damage 3 feet up will get fixed... Keep moving forward in all aspects [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], you got this!

Comment

Thinking of you, Rava and all you are faced with.

Dill, thank you for the Mr. D update. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Hi to all! I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning cafe! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Rava, nature can wreak havoc on our lives for sure! Stay strong, and as others have said, keep moving forward.

Dill, the wolf sanctuary was awesome! They also have coyotes and arctic Fox there as well. We saw so many wolves, and they have a huge area with lots of trees to live in. Wish that I could have gotten better pictures though, but the chain link fence prevented me from getting a good shot.

I'm in for another 24 hours...

Comment

Working...
                                X