No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Almost forgot to check in! I'll take another day!

Comment

The wind is howling here this morning, but at least it's not cold.

I'm in for another 24!

Comment

Jude, that wolf sanctuary sounds like a wonderful place and a great experience for you and Mr. J!

Today is are old dog Tessa's annual vet check and I am working out how we are going to get her there. She is 90-100 pounds but no longer agile enough to get into the car. Looks like we will have to get creative...She has aged a lot this past year.

It is windy here but not cold, just like Jude's weather. It will be a very good day not to drink. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Hope to see Techie soon.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The wind has been howling here for the past few days as well. What leaves were left on the tress have been pretty much stripped off. Still haven't seen any major frost yet, but I know it's coming lol.

Comment

Happy Friday cafe! It will be a good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning and tgif! This used to be my biggest drinking day. Had all day Saturday to lay around and recover. Such stupidity! Today I will be packing for our flight on Sunday. So far it has not been cancelled. Wishing everyone a great day. 24 more please. Hey Jude can you share a wolf picture?

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Ah, Friday nights, happy hour at the bar from 5 to 7. They had wings for 5 cents each, and a pitcher of beer for $5.00. Of course Bubba and I were there every Friday after work. Then there were the nights that we taught dance lessons in a couple of different bars, we got free drinks those nights, but I didn't usually go overboard because of teaching dance.

Comment

I guess it wouldn't do to be teaching dance and drinking! LOL That could be dangerous!

Tessa did fine at the vet. We managed to get her in and out of the car with a little assistance from the staff. Here at home we loaded her in from a platform. She did fine at the vet.

Leaves are at their peak color around here. Absolutely beautiful! But with all the wind they are definitely falling fast. I hate to see them go.

Safe travels, Rava!

Today will be a good day not to drink. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                          The wind has been howling here for the past few days as well.
                          Could use some of that wind here. I just got out to Hope yesterday and it's insanely smokey (just changed from pretty good to really bad the day I travelled out). So many fires in general area too. And still getting mid-summer like weather / temps, it's crazy.
                          Last edited by Mulburry; October 14, 2022, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Will spend today packing for our trip tomorrow. I’m thinking all warm clothes as we are going from the 90’s to the 60’s. I’m trying to pack light as we have access to a washer and dryer. Dill, glad you got your dog back and forth to the vet without too much difficulty. Cowboy, didn’t know you had dancing feet! Wishing everyone a great alcohol free Saturday. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Sure hope you get some relief from the fires and smoke soon [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]. Out 2 daughters in the lower mainland have commented on the unusually warm and dry fall they are having.

Glad to hear that Tessa made out alright [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. And I hope you have many more times of having to use the platform for her annual vet visit!

Both Bubba and I love to dance [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Country style of course, and we taught the older style country dance as well as the new swing style country dance. We tried taking ballroom dancing, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. Even our instructor who knew we taught country told us it would be hard, as we had to forget the country style as the way you move your feet is completely different in ballroom. We're now considering going to the monthly dances that they have at the Senior's Center here in town as dancing is a great form of exercising.

Comment

Working...
                                X