~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

One of the ladies I work with at the hospital was saying that last night was the last full moon of the year. I never saw it but we were under a thick cloud cover here. We still are. I didn't sleep well last night so I think I'll chalk it up to the full moon!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those MIA. Working through an increasingly worsening flu. - for COVID. So, I will happily accept another twenty four. I wish you all a healthy and amazing day. Blessings x

IMPORTANT

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Covid, flu, shingles, pneumonia, etc. Pharmaceutical companies hoping the cash in on people's fears I guess.
        Not sure about the others, but apparently it's a bad flu year and at this point influenza might be more harmful than covid, I certainly made sure to get my flu shot (I'd probably take that over another covid shot if I had to choose). Also, I believe government bulk purchases those vaccines in Canada so it's likely already been paid for whether you decide to get it or not. The main difference is that flu is much less transmissible, so ya your chance of catching it is lower, but I'd rather not take the chance. I've had some horrendous flu's in the past, and a few years ago a friend of mine almost died after turned into pneumonia.

I personally think masks should be optional no matter what. I think they offer some protection, but apparently the virus is small enough to fit through all but the N95s. So I don't think they really do much to stop the spread. I lean more towards hand washing and sanitizing surfaces and doorknobs.
        K95's are fairly effective too, but you're right, masks are more to protect other people than to protect yourself, so it's more of an altruistic act to wear one. Unfortunately from a few studies I've read, newer data shows that covid (and many respiratory virsuses) actually aren't transmitted very easily by touch and mostly through air (though of course it's still a good idea to wash your hands as always).
        Last edited by Mulburry; December 8, 2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], the flu virus is rampant where I live. I had a friend who had to go to the emergency room recently, and she said that the hallways were lined up with patients on beds just waiting for a room to open up. Most of them had either covid or the flu. Scary stuff...

Hope that you feel better soon techie, it's no fun being sick.

I couldn't sleep well tonight, so here I am. Sigh...

I'm in for another 24 hours...

Comment

Wow, you were up super early, Jude!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Techie.

Wishing good health to all and another 24.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:53am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've never had a flu shot, not sure if I'll get one this year either. I don't ever remember having the flu so I'm not sure what to expect even if I caught it lol. I know Bubba is usually under the weather for a few days after she gets hers, all hospital staff are "strongly" urged to get one.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Cafe and those feeling sick. Techie, wishing you a speedy recovery. QW hope you and the Mrs are feeling better too! I think I slept a total of 2 hours last night. Going to definitely need a nap today. I hate restless nights. I try the breathing techniques by counting your breaths but that makes me totally anxious. Hope everyone has a great Friday. 24 more for me please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those healing. I’m feeling somewhat better this morning after a 30 minute sauna and a cold shower. Coffee helped too. We have tickets to A Wonderful Life this evening but will determine if we should go this afternoon. I will wear a N95 if it’s a go. Otherwise, I’ll call around and see if I can off load the tickets. I’m not a fan of sitting for two hours with a mask on. I have loads of work to finish so I’m leaning toward staying home. In any event I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], several years ago I had the swine flu which was a particularly nasty form of the virus. I will never forget how sick I was, and many people died from it. I would definitely get a flu shot if I were you!

Yes dill, I was up very early yesterday. I woke up at 12:30 am, laid there for an hour trying to get back to sleep, without success. Uggh...

Another 24 please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Yesterday I washed my bedspread at the laundry mat as it’s too big for my washer. This morning at exactly 616 am I wake up hearing my little dog vomiting all over the spread. Its like he knew it was clean. As I sprung up and pushed him off the bed he vomited all over himself too so now my day has started with a little too much excitement. Thank goodness I was not laying there hungover. Ugh. Wishing everyone a better day than mine started out! Techie, hope you are feeling better! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hope you're feeling better today [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], but I hear you on sitting for 2 hours with the mask on...

Doesn't sound like the best start to your day [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], hope everything goes uphill from here...

I need to go in for my Covid booster and Shingles shots [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], so I might just as well have them jab me for the flu as well lol.

Comment

Back home from an early morning shopping excursion with my granddaughter. I wanted to get in and out before the crowds and it worked perfectly! You know, the stores are stocked to the brim and I imagine this will be the week that people start to shop in earnest. I hope to be done with my Christmas shopping by the end of the week.

We put our tree up yesterday. It is pretty small but it's really pretty! It's a 6 foot frazier fir.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I’m feeling much better today. I did gift my theatre tickets to a neighbor. So, with renewed vitality, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

Working...
                                X