~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Its 7 am and I’m trying to get in a quick note before the grands come upstairs and jump in my bed. So far all is going well except one of our families has covid so we are not able to see them as much as we wanted. We will have to visit them next week on the tail end of the trip. Hope everyone is doing well. Already thinking of Christmas Eve where the booze will be flowing. I will fill my wine glass with sparkling water again like Thanksgiving, planning ahead for this night. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Uh oh!! I hear the pitter patter of little feet………..24 more please!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see all our travelers made it to their destinations safely, even Amanda! She was 4 hours later than expected, but she's home safe and sound.

We're now into our 5th day of below -30C (-22F) nighttime temps with little relief during the day. One more day then it looks like a bit of warmer temps for Christmas.

Christmas can be a bit of a tough time for all of us, stay the course and keep on keeping on y'all!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Techie, make sure to get a candy cane from Santa when you reach the top of camel back! Enjoy your hiking time and visit!

I wish us all an easy AF day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Finally settled in Phoenix. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
              Good to know we are on the other side of the winter solstice, isn't it?
              Once again, we are moving towards the light! (and the joys of spring... even if the current weather sure doesn't feel like it)

Comment

Good morning cafe! Please join me for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

Wow, Cowboy! Five straight nights at below 30C! I don't know how you stand it! I think your Alberta weather has come to visit us here. We are currently at -7F and falling! It is supposed to get down to -10 today and the wind is horrid! I'm glad Amanda made it back home safe and sound.

24 hours of wellness for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

The cold is bad enough by itself [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but the wind makes it almost unbearable!

Comment

This crazy weather sure is messing with holiday travel plans. Glad we aren't going anywhere!

Hope we all have a warm and a AF day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hikers. Hike finished. We decided to do the Gateway Loop instead of Camelback. I was interested in more distance. North Mountain on Monday. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings as you all prepare for Santa. Love and blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

-7°F here this morning and snowing, but at least the wind has calmed down. Looks like a good day to stay inside by the fire.

Christmas eve, for some reason I always liked this day even more than Christmas. When we were kids our parents used to let us open one gift on the night before Christmas. Fond memories...

I'm in for another 24....

Comment

Good morning Cafe and Merry Christmas Eve. I too like this day better than Christmas Day Cowboy. We are adjusting to the cold temps but nothing like many of you are experiencing. I am sleeping with an added sweatshirt and socks. I have my game face on for tonight. No drinking at all not even a sip of anything alcoholic to tempt me into a night of horrors. Sparkling water in my wine glass. This morning the local movie theatre is showing the polar express so we are attending that. Tomorrow we switch over to my sons house for the second half of our trip. Wishing everyone a great a sober day! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X