Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure hope he pops in today, we have cake day for his bb birthday

@Quit wining !
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's great news about the surgery [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I bet you'll both breathe a lot easier.

I've got a few things in mind to stay busy with [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], more railroading time, more golf time, and maybe even do some volunteer work for one or two of the organizations here in town. I know I'll be excited when seeding season starts [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], just not sure how long that excitement will last. I know last fall it was the same for harvest, but after a couple of weeks the excitement faded, and it turned into just another job. We'll see how things go.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. I’m so happy Mr, dill did well with his surgery. What a huge relief!! Techie, Sedona is beautiful and I do hope you move there!! Probably better weather for your body than freezing cold, QW. Happy birthday!! Cowboy, retirement can be great but it’s definitely an adjustment. Since I m locked down with covid I am bored and a bit depressed. I am not gonna lie about it. I however have no urge to drink or assault my body any further at this point, just looking forward to feeling like myself. Woke up completely soaked again. Ugh. Makes me never want to travel again. That part is depressing too. Hope everyone has a great day. I’m going to continue to rest up and make the most of this 80 degree day. I’m reading the Radium Girls for anyone that is looking for a good historical fiction. Another 24 for me and thanks for listening my friends!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the birthday cake and wishes everyone! My sister flew to Calgary from Toronto yesterday for the party.

My granddaughter, 8, asked me how old I was going to be. I said 40. Her reply was Wait a minute, Daddy is 45, how’s that work?

Am I ever glad to be starting a new decade alcohol free!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, hope things turn around soon. I've had a completely different experience with covid. Symptoms are mild and not many. Hope you're better soon!

ABC, you'll love retirement and won't have any problem filling up your days!

Yay for Mr Dill! I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and house hunters. We found a few homes but realize the need to downsize. We live in 3800 sq ft currently and the homes that appeal to us here on the golf course are 2500 to 2800. We can do it, I hope. Sedona was covered in a light blanket of snow when we strand it was magical. This will be our last move. I had at least seven corporate moves in my life. I have done boxes in storage that have inventory stickers from five different moving companies. However, I realize how blessed I have been to have these problems or challenges. So, with thoughts of moving back to Arizona I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy birthday QW! Sounds like you had a great day!

Techie, I have been to Sedona and it is beautiful. Whenever I visit my brother in Tuscon, we make sure that we go hiking in Sedona.

Looking forward to another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning cafe. Techie you can downsize and it will be a great thing. We went from 3,000 to 1,500 and it’s plenty big. I really like having less. Feeling a bit better this morning but last night I was so evil I had to put myself to bed at 730. Turns out, I walked the dog in the dark, stepped in dog doo and spread it all throughout the house before discovering it. That made my night terrible. I cleaned it up and went to bed. No booze involved because I don’t have any in the house. Thank goodness I don’t have any or I might be feeling really bad this morning. Wishing everyone a wonderful day! Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

That looks like a beautiful place to take up residence [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!

Comment

Looks like heaven, Techie!

Oh, Rava! What a horrid evening! :hug:

Not much happening here and that's a good thing! I need a quiet day at home.

24 more for all of us please.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Beautiful, Techie. I hope it all works out.

Rava, you poor thing! Having to deal with that while sick. Total yuck!!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Back in California. Six more hours till we get home. Bought gas just before the Cali border @ $3.09/gal. Next gas up in California $5.99 /gal. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ahh Rava, the joy of having pets. Hope you feel better soon.

Maybe a little snow in the forecast today? Sure beats the rain and mud!

Whatever the weather, I will not be drinking today.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X