No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be one of those "you never know when you might need this" kinda guys as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but over the last few years I've been slowly throwing away or selling things that I doubt I'll ever use. It sure does help make my shop less cluttered and more organized!

Today I'll start the last bigger job that I had booked. When it's done, I just have a few smaller service type jobs to take care of and then only take those smaller jobs from here on out, well, except for seeding and harvest lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe friends. Decluttering is the best. We did that when downsizing to our condo. Now whenever I bring something home, something goes out. Hope everyone has a good Monday. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, that's my policy too. Even with clothes. New shirt in, old shirt out!

Still testing positive for covid but not feeling too bad. I'll be glad when that blue T line is gone!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Ginger, hope that you feel better soon. It's seems that so many people are testing positive for covid these days,and many of my friends have had it. Will it ever go away?

Sounds like you're easing into retirement [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Good for you!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Ginger, do you feel better even though you are still getting the covid positive test results? I hope so! Seems like you've had this covid for a fairly long while.

Rava, that 'in with the new, out with the old' is a good plan. I'll try to adopt it. I think I am going to try to take it in baby steps: eliminate at least one unnecessary item per day by pitching it, giving it, or selling it.

Cowboy, it's going to be hard for you to cut back, but stay the course! I say it will be hard simply because I know you are going to have mixed feelings about not taking on a job when you know someone needs you. But, if you stay the course, others will fill in. Another option for you might be to find someone who is just getting started and mentor them. I don't know...just thinking outloud.

Speaking of staying the course, 24 more please for all of us here.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Ginger we are still testing positive as well. Our doctor says once the incubation period is over we don’t need to keep testing as you could be positive for up to 3 months out. We are saving our tests in case of new exposure. I hate this covid. So many people are just walking around with it and just don’t care anymore. Its everywhere. Today I’m heading back to my volunteer job. My mental health has suffered being isolated. Mr, r and I are nitpicking with each other and that is not good. Hopefully today will be a good day seeing others. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Geez ya [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], it seems like you've had Covid for such a long time, possibly getting false test results?

The big problem [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] is that few young people are choosing trades as a career path, especially building trades. My cousin over in Morinville has been trying to hire 2 more plumbers for almost a year with no success. I fear the problem is only going to get worse, but I don't see any solution to the problem either.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I love [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]'s suggestion. Are there any trade schools you can call? Those students can get credit for hands on jobs. Well, at least the one in Yakima has that option.

I slept until 815a this morning and feel like I could take a nap. The fatigue is getting to me. I'm usually hyperactive, rarely sleep past 6a and don't really stop throughout the day. I'm told this is normal for some but it sucks. Rava, I'll save my tests. Thanks for the info.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Finally have power restored. It was a wild night of extreme weather with power on/off/on. Lots of debris all over and chainsaws singing. So, with a little light to guide me, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning cafe. Techie, glad your power is back! Ginger, Im tired all the time as well. Today I’m going back to the gym and just see how I do. Not gonna push it but gonna fake it till I make it. Wishing everyone a sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

Couldn't log in to this site earlier, but I'm here now.

24 more please...

Comment

I couldn't connect to the site this morning either, Jude. I don't know when things cleared up, but I'm here now, too!

Rava and Ginger, I hope your energy levels return soon. Fatigue is a drag!

24 more for all of us, please.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I rain or snow currently. So, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                                Rava and Ginger, I hope your energy levels return soon. Fatigue is a drag!
                                Hope those with covid get back on there feet soon (for me it was 3 & 2 weeks. the two times I've had it). Now I feel like I have Covid from the bivalent vaccine but hopefully it'll only last a day or two. I don't remember the side effect being so strong from the previous vaccines (felt more like a mild cold level). I guess if it prevents another 2-3 weeks of covid hell it's worth it.
                                Last edited by Mulburry; January 11, 2023, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X